Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Necrosis Robot rebalance

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Necrosis Robot rebalance
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/16/2014 21:10:08   
Mother1

Like the poison bot have the necrosis effect scale with focus, and lower the necrosis debuff by 30%. however with focus lower focus the bot scaling goes down by 10%

Let's say these are the numbers before the change

(Numbers here are a pure example as they do vary depending on your opponents defenses.)

For focus 5 it would be the following

and for ever focus level lower below the numbers lose 10% of that power. With this change it would really help stop those abusive strength builds who use it to destroy defenses, while giving the bot a good nerf for all builds.

Any thoughts comments concerns?
Epic  Post #: 1
1/16/2014 21:13:39   
Remorse

Supported,

The overall power of the bot is too strong and making it focus improved will minimise the abuse from glass cannon builds.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/16/2014 21:14:12 >
Epic  Post #: 2
1/16/2014 21:20:02   
toopygoo

i disagree. it is a single use with the bot, and has no other effect except increase the damage that can be dealt over 3 turns.

i think its core, currently is on par with the battlehawk, which is definitely not OP.

Battlehawk does the same amount of damage BUT also makes any armor core impossible to use for 3 turns, which means it can counter:
piston punch
regenerator
and the rage steal core (forgot the name)

Necrosis cannot do any of those, it just allows for (on average) the exact same shield reduction, at higher levels.
nerfing this skill would put infernal android up top for the strongest bot (whether you use it with rage or not.. it can easily deal 700 damage without rage at 5 focus), and i think a little shift in the balance of these things would be nice.

not supported. sorry mother1.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/16/2014 21:21:44   
GearzHeadz

Indeed, this would allow the bot to remain efficient while being more fair. Although, maybe give the robot a higher base damage for its special?

@Above
It pretty much does 2 high level debuffs for free.

< Message edited by GearzHeadz -- 1/16/2014 21:22:56 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/17/2014 0:04:58   
FrostWolv

quote:

Like the poison bot have the necrosis effect scale with focus,

Supported ... same should go with all other bots including assault bot

then every bot should have a scaling and reach its special's max potential at focus 5

quote:

lower the necrosis debuff by 30%

not supported .... it will become a ripped off version of Blood Hawk bot and cannot even disable armor core .... Totally not supported

EDITED : typos

< Message edited by FrostWolv -- 1/17/2014 0:08:14 >

Epic  Post #: 5
1/17/2014 4:19:50   
Elite Tuga

+1 for Nerfing Poison & Necrosis bot.
I also support this wonderful idea, simply because if a player wants the full advantage of a bot &/or depends on it a lot they will have to go high/max in Focus. Other than that the robot should be much weaker especially for those who go for no focus builds.
Epic  Post #: 6
1/17/2014 15:22:45   
Supreme Havox

I disagree. This would make the variety of builds even smaller than they are now. Usually the only time I use this is when people have unneeded defenses
Example: Level 30 has 400 defense and res. Which would make me want to use it.
Also I I don't think this should be nerved because it help's defeat heal loopers because usually they have extremely high defenses.
Post #: 7
1/17/2014 15:34:36   
Remorse

^By the same tocken it ruins variety be making glass cannons too strong.

Heal looping is an issue they needs to be fixed on it's own, not make glass cannons so strong they can compete with the loopers but dominant effortlessly other builds effectively becoming another build style that needs nerfing when the fault is the bot.

Vareity is definitely not improved woth this bot in fact I would go as far to say it's lowered.
Epic  Post #: 8
1/17/2014 15:40:26   
Ranloth
Banned

Being forced to one build to use a Bot, as opposed to any build being able to take advantage of the Bot - or rather its effect - at cost of damage. I'd say variety means any build can take advantage of it - not because ANY build can use it, but because it's not restricted into one type of build.

You have an odd definition of variety. Using common sense, something being available for everyone does result in variety, whilst restricting someone into one type of build just to use the build, is not. Let's not forget lower Focus = less damage, so there's a drawback already to using its effect + IIRC, it has a penalty in damage to pay for the effect.
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
1/17/2014 16:25:06   
vordalthe2nd

Mother1, 100% supported. Great idea, mainly because it is fair.
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Necrosis Robot rebalance
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition