Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? IV - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? IV - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 5 of 30«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/30/2014 10:30:17   
Megadragonknight

Gosh, can't log in. Now I am afraid I will not be playing OS today at all thx to this serve offline. Of all day, today have to be the day the server is offline.
Post #: 101
1/30/2014 12:56:40   
The Jop

@Beck
Then why doesn't DarkonDrago have bash and thrash?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 102
1/30/2014 12:58:24   
Riniti

@Jop

Well, first of all, DarkonDrago isn't a full dragon character; it is a human, with two hand and the head of a dragon.

Also-

quote:

Remember Sage said that Bash and Thrash were exclusively for Dragon characters? Nulgath is not a dragon. And, Dragonfiend Rider doesn't count cus the dragon itself does not attack.

That doesn't mean every dragon will have them.
Post #: 103
1/30/2014 12:59:53   
The Jop

@Riniti
Yeah, but he said Dragonfiend rider only doesn't count because the rider attacks. For DarkonDrago, the Void Dragon directly attacks. So what decides which dragon character gets bash and thrash, how much you pay for it?

< Message edited by The Jop -- 1/30/2014 13:00:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 104
1/30/2014 13:02:39   
Riniti

@Jop

The human orders the attack and dragon, and it's STILL not a full-on dragon.
Post #: 105
1/30/2014 13:06:13   
The Jop

Where in the attack does it show Darkon "ordering" the dragon? There's no evidence of that, it's clearly the Dragon attacking. I don't think there will be a free character with bash and thrash if you're going to tell me Poison Drake and DarkonDrago aren't "full dragons".

< Message edited by The Jop -- 1/30/2014 13:07:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 106
1/30/2014 13:09:10   
Riniti

Poison Drake isn't a dragon at all, Drakes and Dragons are entirely different entities. As for DarkonDrago, if it was the 'dragon clearly attacking,' why would the human even be there? Darkon has his hands through the voids, presumably the same void the dragon is in, both in the Darkon and DarkonDrago characters.
Post #: 107
1/30/2014 13:10:06   
The Jop

Yeah, but you choose to believe that Darkon is controlling the dragon and not the other way around. It shows the dragon hitting and breathing fire onto the opponent, not anyone ordering anyone.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 108
1/30/2014 13:41:46   
Skurge
The Dealer

The Jop: Yes, you're right. Darkon serves as a vessel for the dragon, but it still doesn't make DarkonDrago a "full sized dragon". Probably because it's more of a human/dragon hybrid. I would assume that dragons like the ones in early testing (the red/orange one) or the large green one would constitute as a full-sized dragon.

Edit: As for DFR, it's still a void/dragon hybrid. I don't think it matters on "who's attacking", rather the art of the character itself. I'm going to put my bets on Poison Drake's evo (if it gets one), because that should be getting bash/thrash.

< Message edited by Skurge -- 1/30/2014 13:52:54 >

The ArchFiend Needs Your Support.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 109
1/30/2014 13:59:44   
Gorillo Titan

Darkon was created in a contest the person who made it came up with its deck since they decided not to put any of the special cards in it such as shadowfire or bash and thrash can't really say it needs it without asking the creator why he did it that way.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 1/30/2014 14:16:52 >
Post #: 110
1/30/2014 14:10:27   
The Jop

@Skurge
Sorry. It was said on the last page that it won't because drakes and dragons are different species.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
1/30/2014 14:17:48   
Skurge
The Dealer

quote:

Drakes are smaller than dragons, but still fly and breath fire but have no magical abilities. Basically, Drakes are evil.

quote:

Drakes are sometimes used to refer to immature dragons, but are more frequently associated with much smaller reptilian animals that are mostly just 'scaled down' versions of regular dragons.

Ehh. They're different in very small ways.

I like to think of Drakes as baby or miniaturized dragons.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 112
1/30/2014 14:23:26   
Gorillo Titan

Dragonlings are baby dragons
Post #: 113
1/30/2014 16:22:10   
DidYouKnowThat

And Dragons are supposed to be stronger than Drakes, right? Smarter, stronger, more dangerous. Which so explains the Bash n' Thrash I guess.

Darkon Drago doesn't possess it because he ain't a full-on dragon, he's using Human dude as vessel as Skurge here says. So that limits him I guess.

(Dragons walk on all fours, I don't think Drakes do that)
Post #: 114
1/30/2014 16:55:15   
Gorillo Titan

How about a card called Melt that can stop the effect of freeze or a shatter if its in your hand when the card is activated such as freeze or when shatter hit.

An artifact that doesn't reset charge when you switch elements so you can get 5 energy off the back even you click on another one.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 1/30/2014 17:38:09 >
Post #: 115
1/30/2014 18:07:52   
Jmagician

quote:

Dragon's have tolerated your kind long enough. I will kill you quickly

Poison Drake's quote strongly implies it is indeed a dragon.

quote:

Remember Sage said that Bash and Thrash were exclusively for Dragon characters? Nulgath is not a dragon. And, Dragonfiend Rider doesn't count cus the dragon itself does not attack.

Apparently Sage's words declared that B/T are only limited to Dragons that pay an offensive role in battle. Yet, PD doesn't have B/T. Contradiction discovered.

The only reasoning we could use to remove the contradiction is through assuming we are talking about full-sized dragons. However, this is yet to be said by Nulgath or someone who could equally reassure us.

@Gorrilo Titan: So Melt would have to stay dormant in your hand until Freeze or Shatter activates? Very interesting idea, I wonder how they would go about making it.

As for your artifact idea, I think it would be better if you don't charge 5 once you switch to another element. It would be better if you could keep the 5 charges you accumulated in your original element you were charging and perhaps simultaneously charge another.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 1/30/2014 18:14:38 >
AQW  Post #: 116
1/30/2014 18:14:28   
TheSage

Drake =/= Dragon, now if it was a Poison DRAGON then it would have Bash and Thrash, as for Draco, the human is attacking USING the dragon's hands from inside the void.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 117
1/30/2014 18:17:17   
Jmagician

@TheSage: So the main basis for having B/T revolves around having the word "Dragon" in its name? Or perhaps the PD quote needs to be changed due to misleading terminology. I agree with the Darkon Drago scenario. I believe the creator has even mentioned that Darkon in fact controls the dragon. Not sure about that though.
AQW  Post #: 118
1/30/2014 18:22:59   
TheSage

Poison Drake, is a young dragon, it does not have the mass to be able to use bash and thrash, Darkon is attacking from the void, he cant put enough force behind the attacks to get the increased damage.

Hows that for an explanation?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 119
1/30/2014 18:27:39   
Jmagician

._. Nevermind. You just said in your previous post that if it was named Poison "Dragon" that it would have B/T. Now you are saying it doesn't have it because of its appearance. I suppose its reasonable to assume B/T is fair game based on Nulgath's discretion. Or your's since I hear you make the decks.
AQW  Post #: 120
1/30/2014 18:29:47   
The Jop

I'm pretty sure Black Dragon has Bash and Thrash because it costs $50 and they wanted to give people something more powerful than the standard for their money.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 121
1/30/2014 18:34:01   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

Are we assuming Thrash And Bash are P2P now? Because from what I know, nothing was said about it being exclusive to paying members. Just because 1 character have them means nothing.

That's a terrible way to come to a conclusion to be frankly honest.

< Message edited by Asuka -- 1/30/2014 18:36:14 >

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 122
1/30/2014 18:34:04   
TheSage

quote:

Drake =/= Dragon, now if it was a Poison DRAGON then it would have Bash and Thrash

I never said the name makes the character, i said if it was made a dragon it would have the dragon attack cards.

Black Dragon while being a promotional character it is also a Dragon, Dragons have always been known to be stronger then other creatures so it would hit harder then normal.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 123
1/30/2014 18:36:02   
The Jop

@Asuka
Not exactly, but giving people who pay real money better things seems more likely than a particular card only being given to Black Dragon because the card is exclusive to a type of character defined by the developers. Especially since there's only one character even with it, it seems like it's not just because of its type but because of its cost. If there were going to be special cards for types of characters, I would expect more than one character to have it. I expect things like void-only cards, beast-only cards, and so on.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 1/30/2014 18:39:18 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 124
1/30/2014 18:39:11   
Mondez

Just wait for a free dragon to be released by the courtesy of Nulgath so players that don't plan on getting BD will experience the Thrash and Bash.

In a way we need some dragons to be pumped into OS because I'm thinking they are extinct in the world.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? IV - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 5 of 30«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition