Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

one question

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> one question
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/26/2014 14:18:56   
KnightofNyx

hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this....but is a crossover with a AE game and something else(like MLP FIM) accept here? monstly i've written a fiction crossover and im not sure if i can submit it on the forums or not..
AQW  Post #: 1
1/26/2014 15:21:12   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

A quote from this thread may answer your question:

quote:

You should avoid writing crossovers or fan fiction, unless you can prove that you are allowed to. Different authors have different views about fan fiction and adding a disclaimer to your story doesn't automatically give you permit to write it.

The following are authors and universes that are known to expressly PERMIT fan fiction at this time. If you know of others who allow fanfiction, please PM Eukara Vox with a link to prove it and it will be added to the list.

Star Trek - Paramount Actively Encourages It
Buffy - Joss Whedon encouraged his fans to read fan fiction to replace the series
The 1632 Series - Eric Flint actively promotes Fan Fiction and even publishes the fan work of some of his fans.
Doctor Who / Torchwood - The BBC actively encourages Fan Fiction in non profit environs.
Star Wars - George Lucas is permissive but he forbids any fan fiction with adult themes. Since that’s not allowed here you are safe there.
J.K. Rowling – Encourages and even reads Harry Potter fanfiction that is not for profit. Publication however she slaps down on hard.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/27/2014 6:39:53   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Additionally, if you are unsure as to whether the creators are okay with fanfictions etc., you can just get over to Wikipedia and check out if the particular show/anime/cartoon etc. has a history of fanfictions or if the developers are okay with it. However, don't get upset if the page doesn't say so, check on Google.

As an example, there is a special mention on the "Fan-Fictions" page of Wikipedia where it says specifically that developers like CLAMP(They make anime and manga) are okay with fanfictions of their shows.

I was unsure about a similar thing so I asked Eukara Vox. You can approach(PM) her too if you want info.

Good Luck.

DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> one question
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition