Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Mercenary 2.0 [Full Class Rebalance]

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Mercenary 2.0 [Full Class Rebalance]
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/30/2014 18:17:59   
Cyber Dream

Mercenary

This is the only class I will be addressing since this is the only class I use. I will be addressing only 2 skills today.

• Adrenaline Rush
    Smash an enemy, consuming all of your current rage;
    Ignores a % of 45% of defences ignored based on consumed rage;
    Increases accuracy and damage by a % of consumed rage points;
    Cost: 120 Energy +10 per level

Weapon: Club

(For example: if you have 50% of your rage bar, you will ignore 22.5% defences)

Level 1: 2.50% of Rage Points (35% Increased Accuracy and +35 Damage @ Level 40 w/ full Rage Bar of 1400 Points)
    Level 2: 2.85%
    Level 3: 3.20%
    Level 4: 3.55%
    Level 5: 3.90%
    Level 6: 4.25%
    Level 7: 4.60%
    Level 8: 4.95%
    Level 9: 5.30%
    Level 10: 5.65% of Rage Points (79% Increased Accuracy and +79 Damage @ level 40 w/ full Rage Bar of 1400 Points)

-Good idea, I like the concept. Dealing damage based on your rage, more like an upgraded rage attack. Means more firepower for tanks (:

• Hybrid Armor
    Increases Defense & Resistance for 4 turns. This skill is unaffected by stat changes.
    Incoming damage grants the opponent less rage;
    30% of Cost must be repaid on dealing direct* damage
    50% of Energy Spent during Hybrid Armor is returned on effect end

Cost: 120 +20 per level

Level 1: 22% Defense, Resist | 15% Less Rage
    Level 2: 28% Defense, Resist | 17% Less Rage
    Level 3: 34% Defense, Resist | 19% Less Rage
    Level 4: 40% Defense, Resist | 21% Less Rage
    Level 5: 46% Defense, Resist | 23% Less Rage
    Level 6: 52% Defense, Resist | 25% Less Rage
    Level 7: 58% Defense, Resist | 27% Less Rage
    Level 8: 64% Defense, Resist | 29% Less Rage
    Level 9: 70% Defense, Resist | 31% Less Rage
    Level 10: 76% Defense, Resist | 33% Less Rage

"30% of Cost must be repaid on dealing direct* damage" Sorry, I don't quite understand this, care to explain it to me more? Anyways, I also like the idea. Increasing the defense, resist of the skill plus decreasing rage gain. Can you say tank? If I had to choose out of all the skills, I would choose this one simply because I think merc is lacking in defenses.

< Message edited by Cyber Dream -- 1/30/2014 18:20:16 >

• AQW Epic  Post #: 76
    1/30/2014 18:20:35   
    Xendran

It means if you deal any form of damage that comes directly from you, you have to pay 30% of Hybrid Armors cost in order to do it.
    If you have already poisoned somebody before using hybrid armor, that is not direct damage so you do not have to repay the cost.
    Skills that are locked to 30 damage would be exempt from this rule.

Hybrid armor makes you EXTREMELY tanky in exchange for forcing you to give up extra energy to be aggressive while using it.
    Defensive actions are rewarded, as you do not have to pay extra energy to use them, and 50% of the energy you spent on them will be returned to you after hybrid armor is over.
    It is essentially the ultimate way to stall the battle, and it lasts long enough to bring every offensive skill you have off of cooldown. It also gives you a way to save up a bit of every during it, so once hybrid is over you can usually use one of the offensive skills that you brought off cooldown by stalling.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/30/2014 18:22:37 >
    AQ DF Epic  Post #: 77
    1/30/2014 18:44:15   
    Cyber Dream

Hm, I also think that we have to many skills that will require a club. I'd say take it away from maul, do we seriously need 3 skills with weapon requirements?
    AQW Epic  Post #: 78
    1/30/2014 19:01:05   
    Xendran

Yes. It changes the playstyle between swords and class weapons.
    Mercenary is a special class in that it is the ONLY class under this remake that can use a multi with a sword. Maul takes its place.
    AQ DF Epic  Post #: 79
    1/30/2014 19:40:18   
    Cyber Dream

I see, will tlm have similar skills?
    AQW Epic  Post #: 80
    1/30/2014 20:14:33   
    Xendran

No.

UPDATE: Heavily reduced the cost of double strike. I knew i was forgetting something with merc.
    AQ DF Epic  Post #: 81
    2/2/2014 17:16:58   
    Xendran

Tac Merc added.
    AQ DF Epic  Post #: 82
    2/2/2014 18:24:42   
    DeathGuard

Merc Class Feedback *Interested on cool downs and warm ups needed for new skills, could play an important role in accurate feedback if you had include those*
  • Adrenaline Rush: Effect seems a bit complicated but damage of impact can’t be taken as balanced if not by testing it. Needs revising

• Hybrid Armor:
    quote:

Increases Defense & Resistance for 4 turns. This skill is unaffected by stat changes.
    Incoming damage grants the opponent less rage;
    30% of Cost must be repaid on dealing direct* damage
    50% of Energy Spent during Hybrid Armor is returned on effect end

Hybrid armor doesn’t needs such effects. Ignoring this skill, not balanced IMO. Complements with Telluric Slam, prevents rage bar fill, a nice combo but too strong since both possess a decreasing rage effect.

• Static Blow:
    Damage should be either 75-80%, since its cost is 0.

• Armor Breaker:
    Needs tweaking, minimum decrease of defenses is okay. The amount of percentage reduced should be divided between Defense and Resistance e.g. 13% percentage is being reduced of both defenses; each one gets 6.5% and that way it can be improved not by dexterity, rather level.
    quote:

Level 1: 13 Defence & Resistance
    Level 2: 16 Defence & Resistance
    Level 3: 19 Defence & Resistance
    Level 4: 22 Defence & Resistance
    Level 5: 25 Defence & Resistance
    Level 6: 28 Defence & Resistance
    Level 7: 31 Defence & Resistance
    Level 8: 34 Defence & Resistance
    Level 9: 37 Defence & Resistance
    Level 10: 40 Defence & Resistance

• Maul
    quote:

Smash an enemy, aiming to stun them;
    If this skill is blocked, the impact of their arms and the club hitting their head will guarantee a stun.
    A blocked stun will result in the target remaining in the defensive position while stunned, granting them 10% bonus defenses.

A blocked stun, too risky and could have a great impact on battle course, change it to 50% chance to stun if blocked instead.

• Bunker Buster: Satisfied with the tweaking you did with it.

• Telluric Slam: Physical version of Surgical Strike, sadly I think for Mercs it is convenient to remain with an energy damaging skill.

*May edit my post for future feedback on Merc Class
    Missing feedback in other classes.
  • AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 83
    2/2/2014 19:14:28   
    Xendran

quote:

Adrenaline Rush: Effect seems a bit complicated but damage of impact can’t be taken as balanced if not by testing it. Needs revising

It's energy cost is based on the extra damage it deals, and the def ignore from rage as well as being a str skill.

quote:

ybrid armor doesn’t needs such effects. Ignoring this skill, not balanced IMO. Complements with Telluric Slam, prevents rage bar fill, a nice combo but too strong since both possess a decreasing rage effect.

That's called synergy. Its power is offset by its large cost to be offensive. Telluric slam is quite an expensive skill.

quote:

Static Blow:
    Damage should be either 75-80%, since its cost is 0.

I don't think it does damage.

quote:

Needs tweaking, minimum decrease of defenses is okay. The amount of percentage reduced should be divided between Defense and Resistance e.g. 13% percentage is being reduced of both defenses; each one gets 6.5% and that way it can be improved not by dexterity, rather level.

It decreases by a flat number, not a %. It's equal in power to Necrosis with 80 stats for scaling.

quote:

A blocked stun, too risky and could have a great impact on battle course, change it to 50% chance to stun if blocked instead.

In exchange for the energy cost, you get a stun if you block so that the energy is not wasted completely.

quote:

Telluric Slam: Physical version of Surgical Strike, sadly I think for Mercs it is convenient to remain with an energy damaging skill.

Mercs have a physical ultimate, mages have energy, hunters have weapon-type. It works fine on phys damage, especially with armor breaker.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 2/2/2014 19:18:50 >
    AQ DF Epic  Post #: 84
    2/3/2014 8:17:39   
    DeathGuard

quote:

It's energy cost is based on the extra damage it deals, and the def ignore from rage as well as being a str skill.

Will revise it again and try to do the math, could be quite stronger than it should be.

quote:

That's called synergy. Its power is offset by its large cost to be offensive. Telluric slam is quite an expensive skill.
    The term here doesn't matters, what matters is the impact it can have on a foe. Not supporting 2 decrease rages effects on skills, either leave Hybrid Armor with rage decrease and take it from Telluric Slam or viceversa. I think Hybrid Armor should have other effect if you want to increase its usefulness, maybe some 3-5% recovery of total(not current) HP during the 4 turns of the skill being activated.

quote:

I don't think it does damage.
    Damage conversion to energy, not direct damage to HP.

quote:

It decreases by a flat number, not a %. It's equal in power to Necrosis with 80 stats for scaling.
    Scaling should be lower just like other debuffing skill.

quote:

In exchange for the energy cost, you get a stun if you block so that the energy is not wasted completely.
    If you get blocked with Double hit, you wasted your energy in using it, not supporting the 100% chance to stun, not balanced at all.
    quote:

Mercs have a physical ultimate, mages have energy, hunters have weapon-type. It works fine on phys damage, especially with armor breaker.
    While it "works fine" in opponents with Armor Breaker, Mercs lack an energy damaging skill, which at least every class has a skill that does both types of damage.
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 85
    2/3/2014 8:49:00   
    Ranloth
    Banned

quote:

If you get blocked with Double hit, you wasted your energy in using it, not supporting the 100% chance to stun, not balanced at all.

Low defense builds should block less often, thus not get high chance to stun. The defense ignore has also been removed, whether it's on block or on hit. Furthermore:
    quote:

A blocked stun will result in the target remaining in the defensive position while stunned, granting them 10% bonus defences.

So if the guaranteed stun happens, at cost of no damage (15% is often around 30-50 damage max.), then the stunned player gets 10% boost to their defenses. If need be, I'm sure Xendran could boost it to even 20-25%, to compensate for it; it'd have big impact on tank players though, since 20-25% would be a hefty amount, but at the same time, you gain a free turn and your blockable attacks are unblockable (whilst opponent is stunned).

quote:

While it "works fine" in opponents with Armor Breaker, Mercs lack an energy damaging skill, which at least every class has a skill that does both types of damage.

All of the melee skills aren't locked to any type, so you could just use Energy Primary with them. Other classes have the same, but perhaps less skills of both type but also unblockable. Mercenaries are melee-oriented class and I can see FIVE skills which could deal Energy damage - Double Strike, Armor Breaker, Adrenaline Rush, Maul, and Berzerker. There's a risk of getting them blocked, yes, but that's still pretty high amount + some of them have nifty effects to compensate, on blocks.

< Message edited by Trans -- 2/3/2014 8:52:05 >
    AQ Epic  Post #: 86
    2/3/2014 9:29:16   
    DeathGuard

@Trans: While I was aware of the after effect of the blocked stun, the stun's effect is too strong already, imagine if for some you block someone's maul, and he stuns, take in consideration that's he is near death (e.g. 100 hp), and he has got rage and kills you when you should have win if he didn't had block stunned you. The effect is too strong in itself, even with the defense compensation chances of it happening are 100%( if blocked) or to a certain degree, % wouldn't play that much of a role if you were aiming for a block and a not to miss stun.
    This would be nice to have but due to luck factors taking place in battle and changing the battle course drastically, we can't risk ourselves to have a skill like Maul's tweaked version.

As you said, Meele skills aren't chained to a certain damage type, but as you did comment that they are lacking an energy unblockable skill just as other classes which is something I don't support, because players have been aiming for a biased damage type weapons instead of a varied one.

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 2/3/2014 9:39:05 >
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 87
    2/3/2014 9:37:43   
    Ranloth
    Banned

Rage is a flawed effect, I don't know whether it's worth even considering it as a valid point. Rabble said it will be reworked, and many other players requested it, so I'd hope it'll be less abusable once it's been revamped. There are plenty of ways to go around that - such as making the %-boost to defenses not being affected by rage, or removing the whole "you cannot block if stunned" feature. It sacrifices damage for the effect (on block) - not much different to Overload which is commonly used and always deals full damage, and has then a chance to stun.

Well, keeping it thematic, Mercenaries aren't really versed with Energy skills. They are mercenaries after all, which justifies the number of melee-based skills and relying on brute force (read: Physical-based damage). Unblockables can also be nullified by draining Energy, whilst your Primary cannot. Current TLMs are also lacking in unblockable Energy skills, and likewise with BMs and Physical (not mentioning we, BMs, have 4 Energy unblockable skills; 3 from TMs and 1 of our own...). It's really not an issue with having mostly one type of unblockable attacks - never has been. Players have opted out for different strategies to compensate for the lack of it.
    AQ Epic  Post #: 88
    2/5/2014 1:38:27   
    Wootz

And I support this!
    AQW Epic  Post #: 89
    2/6/2014 13:11:19   
    Xendran

In Progress:

===WRAITH===

Soul Barrier - Etherguard       - ???
    Soul Siphon  - ???              - ???
    Corrupt      - Reave            - Spectral Knives
    Calamity     - ???              - ???

Soul Barrier
    Creates a barrier that negates all damage up to a certain amount;
    55% of Damage Negated is removed from the caster's energy +1% for each level below 40 you are.
    If not enough energy is present, no damage will be negated.

Duration: Until Broken

NOTE: DOES NOT deactivate on insufficient energy. The shield will lay dormant until enough energy is present to reactivate. ONLY deactivates on being broken.

Scales With: +6.25 Damage Negated per Character Level
    Cost: 0 (1 Turn)
        Level 1:  140 Damage
        Level 2:  170 Damage
        Level 3:  200 Damage
        Level 4:  230 Damage
        Level 5:  260 Damage 
        Level 6:  290 Damage
        Level 7:  320 Damage
        Level 8:  340 Damage
        Level 9:  360 Damage
        Level 10: 380 Damage

Corrupt
    Consumes all rage, granting % lifesteal equal to a % of rage points consumed for 3 turns.

Cost: 50 +15 per level
        Level 1:  1.2% of Rage Points
        Level 2:  1.4% of Rage Points
        Level 3:  1.6% of Rage Points
        Level 4:  1.8% of Rage Points
        Level 5:  2.0% of Rage Points
        Level 6:  2.2% of Rage Points
        Level 7:  2.4% of Rage Points
        Level 8:  2.6% of Rage Points
        Level 9:  2.8% of Rage Points
        Level 10: 3.0% of Rage Points

Reave
    Strike for 85% Damage, damage is converted to energy damage;
    A percentage of damage done is given to you as health and energy.

Cost: 0 
        Level 1:  15% Damage to Health | 15% Damage to Energy
        Level 2:  17% Damage to Health | 16% Damage to Energy
        Level 3:  18% Damage to Health | 18% Damage to Energy
        Level 4:  20% Damage to Health | 19% Damage to Energy
        Level 5:  21% Damage to Health | 21% Damage to Energy
        Level 6:  22% Damage to Health | 23% Damage to Energy
        Level 7:  24% Damage to Health | 24% Damage to Energy
        Level 8:  25% Damage to Health | 26% Damage to Energy
        Level 9:  27% Damage to Health | 27% Damage to Energy
        Level 10: 29% Damage to Health | 28% Damage to Energy

Soul Siphon
    Unleash a blast of energy, dealing heavy damage and causing all lifesteal gained from the target to beceome energysteal for the duration of all current lifesteal effects.
    50% of Primary Weapon Base Damage (+350 / 360 at level 40) is added to the damage as additional energy damage.

+3.125 Damage per Character Level

Cost: 150 +20
        Level 1:  175 Energy Damage 
        Level 2:  195 Energy Damage 
        Level 3:  215 Energy Damage 
        Level 4:  235 Energy Damage 
        Level 5:  255 Energy Damage 
        Level 6:  275 Energy Damage 
        Level 7:  295 Energy Damage 
        Level 8:  315 Energy Damage 
        Level 9:  335 Energy Damage 
        Level 10: 355 Energy Damage 
    AQ DF Epic  Post #: 90
    2/6/2014 14:52:29   
    SummerTime
    Banned

How come the devs have not used any of your ideas Xen? I've read some of your current suggestions and they're really good! These class changes/new classes sound very fun and exciting.
    Epic  Post #: 91
    2/6/2014 19:35:18   
    goldslayer1

@SummerTime
    Ill go out on a limb here and say its probably because of the following
    A) too much work for uncertainty if it will work or not
    B) too hard/complicated task for the small team (which would make it time consuming and not allow for updates for some time)
    C) drastic changes aren't/wasn't approved by AE
    or
    D) they dont think the idea will fix the game or produce more profits, and may already have a vision for which to go with.

or something else, who knows.

but even the smallest of changes done to the game from player suggestions took months (some even years) before they were put into the game.

there's other things to consider with putting player suggestions into the game, and that is how players will react once its in the game.
    devs might be scared of having another "omega" incident where it made hundreds of players unhappy and decided to quit the game.

there's many angles to this kind of business than just "why didn't they do it?", and many players dont understand that side of it.
    Something similar happens in pro sports where fans dont understand the business side of things.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/6/2014 20:21:08 >
    AQW Epic  Post #: 92
    2/6/2014 19:59:44   
      Exploding Penguin

I don't actually care about adding in that many new skills. If you're going to do that you might as well just make those an entirely new set of classes, which I wouldn't mind at all because it'd definitely bring more fun into the game and possibly even convince me to buy var so I can class change faster.

As new skills though, these look interesting to work with.

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 2/6/2014 20:00:29 >
    Epic  Post #: 93
    2/7/2014 14:07:13   
    Xendran

Calamity
    Cloak your daggers in toxin, dealing a massive amount of poison damage.

Weapon: Wrist Blades

+3% of Primary Damage at 20 Technology; 0.75% per 1 technology after
    Cost: 330 +25 per level
        Level 1:  47% of Primary Damage
        Level 2:  52% of Primary Damage 
        Level 3:  57% of Primary Damage 
        Level 4:  62% of Primary Damage
        Level 5:  67% of Primary Damage
        Level 6:  72% of Primary Damage
        Level 7:  77% of Primary Damage
        Level 8:  82% of Primary Damage
        Level 9:  87% of Primary Damage
        Level 10: 92% of Primary Damage
    AQ DF Epic  Post #: 94
    2/7/2014 16:43:01   
    DanniiBoiixD

^How long does the poison last?
    AQW Epic  Post #: 95
    2/7/2014 17:55:24   
    Xendran

It's a single big hit of poison.

Spectral Knives
    Throw out multiple knives, piercing the defense of all targets hit;
    Deals 90% damage if it hits multiple targets;
    Cannot inflict critical strike to more than one target.

0.425% of defense ignored per character level.
    3% of defense ignored at 20 Dexterity, +0.75% defense ignored per 1 Dexterity after 20, +2.5 Physical Damage per 1 Dexterity after 127

Cost: 140 / 220 +20 per level
        Level 1:  210 Physical Damage 
        Level 2:  231 Physical Damage 
        Level 3:  252 Physical Damage 
        Level 4:  273 Physical Damage 
        Level 5:  294 Physical Damage 
        Level 6:  315 Physical Damage 
        Level 7:  336 Physical Damage 
        Level 8:  357 Physical Damage 
        Level 9:  378 Physical Damage 
        Level 10: 399 Physical Damage 

< Message edited by Xendran -- 2/7/2014 17:57:36 >
    AQ DF Epic  Post #: 96
    2/10/2014 7:00:27   
    dfo99

IN MY OPNION

made new classes can make the balances problems more several

this not is a criticism because i not said nothing about the classes and not said that the classes is bad or good, so the rule about "construtive feedback" not was broken

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 2/10/2014 7:04:57 >
    Post #: 97
    2/10/2014 16:25:36   
    Xendran

@dfo: How do they add more balance problems? Give me some examples of how the game would become imbalanced so i can fix it.
    AQ DF Epic  Post #: 98
    2/11/2014 0:13:19   
    dfo99

humans limitations can't be fixed
    Post #: 99
    2/11/2014 2:45:57   
    Ranloth
    Banned

But there aren't any "human limitations". You don't even mention any, so what is this supposed to mean? You can't fix human limitations? What are those limitations in the first place? It isn't constructive either, because you didn't explain what these limitations are and how to fix them.
    AQ Epic  Post #: 100
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Mercenary 2.0 [Full Class Rebalance]
    Page 4 of 5<12345>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition