Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

A Guide to Mana Regeneration

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds Guides >> A Guide to Mana Regeneration
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/28/2014 23:28:54   
Hardcastle McCormick

Mana Regeneration Types

Passive Regeneration

Any player in combat gains 3 mana every 10 seconds.
Any player not in combat gains 8 mana every 6 seconds.
Any resting player gains 10 mana every 2 seconds in addition to the amount regenerated by just standing.

Passive regeneration can be slowed by server lag.
It is greatly sped up in the "battleonpvp" brawl zone for some reason.

Warrior Model

A class with the warrior model gains 6 mana on noncrit auto attacks, and 9 mana on crits.
You will also gain 3 mana when taking a hit from an opponent, regardless of whether it's a crit.

Classes:

- Alpha Omega
- Archfiend
- Blood Ancient
- Blood Titan
- Chaos Shaper
- ClawSuit
- Cyromancer
- Daimon
- Defender
- DoomKnight
- DoomKnight Overlord
- Dragonslayer
- Dragonslayer General
- Drakel Warlord
- Elemental Warrior
- Evolved ClawSuit
- Evolved Shaman
- Flame Dragon Warrior
- Glacial Warlord
- Horc Evader
- Legendary Hero
- Legion Paladin
- Lycan
- MechaJouster
- MindBreaker
- Naval Commander
- Necromancer
- NOT A MOD
- Paladin
- Paladin High Lord
- PaladinSlayer
- Shaman
- SkyGuard Grenadier
- The Collector
- Ultra OmniKnight
- UndeadSlayer
- Vindicator of They
- Warrior

Mage Model

A class with the mage model can gain varying amounts of mana from attacks of any kind, including damage from skills.
This means that the damage those skills deal will deduct mana from their cost.
You still have to have the mana required to use the skill, but depending on the damage it deals, you will not lose all the mana it consumes.
If the skill hits hard enough, you can even gain mana from using it.

Classes:

- Arcane Dark Caster
- Archfiend
- ArchPaladin
- Artifact Hunter
- Bard
- Blaze Binder
- BattleMage
- BeastMaster
- Berserker
- CardClasher
- Chaotic Slayer
- Chunin
- Dark Caster
- Darkblood StormKing
- Darkside
- Dragon Knight
- Dragonlord
- Elemental Dracomancer
- Eternal Inversionist
- Evolved Dark Caster
- Evolved Pumpkin Lord
- Guardian
- Legion DoomKnight
- Mage
- Oracle
- Pyromancer
- Rustbucket
- Scarlet Sorceress
- Sentinel
- Soul Cleaver
- StoneCrusher
- Troll Spellsmith
- Undead Goat

Rogue Model

Classes:

A class with the rogue model gains 3 mana on noncrit auto attacks, and 5 mana on crits.
You will also gain 9 mana every time you dodge an attack.

- Abyssal Angel
- Arachnomancer
- BladeMaster
- BladeMaster Assassin
- Chrono Assassin
- Dragon Shinobi
- Evolved Leprechaun
- Great Thief
- Legion Blademaster Assassin
- Leprechaun
- Naval Commander
- Pirate
- Ranger
- Rogue
- Starlord
- Thief of Hours
- TimeKiller
- Unlucky Leprechaun

Unique Classes

- Chronomancers, ChronoCorruptors, ChronoCommanders, ChronoDragonKnights, and Infinity Knights gain 3 mana on noncrit auto attacks, and 9 mana on crits.
The effects 'Temporal Rift' or 'Chaos Rift' must be active for them to regenerate any mana.

- DeathKnights and DeathKnight Lords gain 2 mana whenever they damage an enemy in any way, be it auto attacks, skill damage, or DOTs. Crits are irrelevant.

- Healers gain mana in 2 ways:
The first is by casting 'Energy Flow' on an enemy. For 12 seconds, any hit that target takes will grant 2 mana to the healer.
The second is by casting 'Healing Word' on yourself or a friend. For 16 seconds, any hit that target takes will grant 1 mana to the healer.
Crits are irrelevant in both cases. No mana can be actively gained without casting these spells.

- Ninjas regenerate only 1 mana on noncrit auto attacks, and 2 mana on crits.
But they have 2 gimmicks for gaining fast mana:
The first is by getting the first strike in combat. You will gain 40 mana if you attack your target before you are attacked.
This will not work if you're already in combat with another enemy, and it is generally unpredictable in PvP.
It also sometimes activates on the last strike in a fight.
The second is by using 'Shadowburn' on enemies who are not already under the effect of 'Shadowblade'.
You will gain 15 mana if the attack lands.(The description says 20 mana, but it actually deducts the cost of the skill from that amount)

- Paladins regenerate mana identically to the warrior model, but the effect 'Zeal' must be active for it to work.

Normal Classes with Mana Gimmicks

- Bards can cast 'Dissonance' on an enemy target.
For 15 seconds, any ally attacking that target will gain 2 extra mana for every hit dealt.

- BattleMages gain 10 extra mana on auto attacks, regardless of crits.

- Chunins have a rank 10 passive allowing a slight chance to have their mana costs doubled(bug), with a haste boost and a small HOT.

- Dark Casters can cast 'Dark Conversion' on themselves to gain 50 mana over 10 seconds.
The skill also sacrifices an amount of health based on spell power.

- Darkblood StormKings can apply 'Thunderstruck' to enemies.
When 'Storm Call' is used on targets inflicted by 'Thunderstruck', the caster will receive 40 mana.

- Darksides can cast 'Renewal Spell' on themselves to heal and gain mana based on the amount of 'Deep Rage' stacks they have.
More stacks mean more mana. With 5 stacks, one can regenerate 50 mana.
Without any stacks, this skill does nothing, and the power of the Heal is not affected by the number of stacks.
It also reduces the caster's haste slightly for 10 seconds.

- Dragon Shinobis can cast 'Shadow Soul' on themselves to gain 50 mana, 90% damage resistance, and a self-stun for 7 seconds

- Elemental Dracomancers can cast 'Duradun's Scales' on themselves to gain 30 mana along with increased defenses.

- Elemental Warriors can cast 'Earthen Blessing' on themselves to reduce all mana costs by 30%, along with some added crit chance.

- Legion Paladins can apply 'Soul Breaching' to an enemy, allowing them to gain 30 mana over 9 seconds.

- Necromancers can cast 'Infect' on themselves to gain 23 mana at the cost of 20% of their overall health.

- Pyromancers have a rank 10 passive allowing a slight chance to suddenly gain extra mana, and even exceed 100 total mana.
Blaze Binders also have this passive.

- TimeKillers can cast 'Compress Time' on themselves or an ally to regenerate 50 mana over 10 seconds, heal slightly, and increase haste.
This skill only grants mana to the caster, not the target.

- Troll Spellsmiths can cast 'Energy Drain' on themselves to gain mana and lose health based on the amount of 'Weakness Sigil' stacks they have.
More stacks mean more mana and less health lost. With 5 stacks, one can regenerate 83 mana at the cost of just 6% of overall health.
It also reduces the caster's haste and damage significantly for 10 seconds.

- Vindicators of They have a rank 10 passive allowing a slight chance to completely refill their mana.

< Message edited by Hardcastle McCormick -- 11/2/2016 12:39:41 >
AQW  Post #: 1
12/16/2014 12:12:25   
Shadowhunt

Fantastic and very helpful guide! I've got a couple suggestions for it, though.

-Add a section at the beginning called something like "The Deduction Effect" and explain what you did in a couple individual places in the guide; when a class has some skill that grants mana back, the order of the process is mana gain first and then skill cost deducted second. You can then just indicate which mana regen things this affects with something like (Deduction Effect) at the end of your description of it. DBSK is a good example. You'll get the 40 mana back but if Storm Call hits, you'll then lose the 20 it costs, so the net gain isn't really 40 but 20.

-Specifically for ED on this one, you may want to make a note that if you're under the effect of Astialo's Wings, you'll only gain back 15 mana rather than 30 from Scales, since the effect of Astialo's Wings halves mana costs and the game reads Scales as a -30 cost, which when halved is -15.
AQ AQW  Post #: 2
12/16/2014 15:46:31   
Dracojan

the net gain for a class like dbsk is actually higher since theres one more mana gaining stage, from the mage model itself. so you gain mana first from the skill, then you lose mana to pay the skill, and then you gain mana because of the mana model.
DF  Post #: 3
12/17/2014 19:31:53   
Shadowhunt

That is true, but it's not true for all classes; really that only holds for classes with high enough damage and/or low enough skill cost combined with the mage regen. That's why I'd recommend putting it as a general thing pertaining to, in most cases, the regen gimmick. People can hopefully figure out the base model's regen will also come into play on it, but Micky can note that too should he choose to include it.
AQ AQW  Post #: 4
12/17/2014 20:49:36   
Dracojan

quote:

That is true, but it's not true for all classes; really that only holds for classes with high enough damage and/or low enough skill cost combined with the mage regen.
i dont understand what you mean. im listing the priority of mana regeneration/usage. this is game mechanics, something fundamental and its not based on anything particular like damage. damage is not a factor at all.
DF  Post #: 5
12/18/2014 11:53:39   
Shadowhunt

I'm saying that the net gain is lower than you'd think from the skill description but higher than the cost deduction because, as you pointed out, you gain mana back from the regen model as well. But you only gain mana back from the regen model if A) you have mage regen model and B) the skill does enough damage. Dealing no damage from a miss or dodge won't get you any additional mana, or dealing low damage due to weapon range could mean you don't gain much back either. That's why I think, should he choose to include a note about the deduction, that the mana coming back from the skill can be omitted; the deduction holds for everything but the regen from the mana model does not.
AQ AQW  Post #: 6
7/10/2015 13:22:19   
Hardcastle McCormick

Thusfar I've tried to keep the list up to date with all the newest classes.

Feel free to notify me if I missed any classes, or individual skills that manipulate mana.
AQW  Post #: 7
7/10/2015 13:35:04   
Shadowhunt

Only one I see right now (though I didn't look super closely) is you're missing Legion Paladin's "Soul Breaching", which restores 10 mana every 3 seconds for 3 'ticks' or a total of 30 mana.
AQ AQW  Post #: 8
11/2/2016 12:30:44   
Hardcastle McCormick

Updated the list once more. Let me know if I missed anything for the primary models.
I'm thinking of just adding "Chronomancer" as a primary model since there are enough classes that use it at this point, it's hardly unique.
I have NOT added all the new mana gimmicks yet, so I'll be working on that.

< Message edited by Hardcastle McCormick -- 11/2/2016 12:39:11 >
AQW  Post #: 9
12/25/2016 21:33:32   
Edme MacHeath

I have a few for you
Chrono Assassin's Rank 10 Regenerative Rebirth (Rarely when HP is below 10% it refills your mana and HP and reduces damage taken)
Healer's Clear Mind(Reduces target's Mana costs by 50% for 10 seconds. It can be cast on friendly targets)
StoneCrusher's Echoing Earth (Improves mana regain for reduces costs by 20% for 10 seconds, if magnitude isn't applied it only increases mana regain and doesn't reduce costs, works on up to 5 friendly targets and yourself)
Collector shares the rank 10 with VoT can't keep johnny down (you listed the BB AND Pyro sharing it so I thought you were counting shared passives)
DS General's Basilisk Strike (50% chance to Sap 20 mana off dragons/dragonkind
Great Thief's Coin Flip (50% chance to refill half your mana/ also known as 50 mana)
Arcane/Mystic Dark Caster's Arcane Overwhelming (Reduces mana costs by 50% for 20 seconds)

< Message edited by Edme MacHeath -- 12/25/2016 21:36:02 >
AQ  Post #: 10
12/28/2016 12:40:25   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

Scarlet sorceress regains 4 mana (5 with a 15% boost weapon) when they use Crimson ritual, not sure if it would count as a "gimmick" though.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 12/29/2016 5:36:26 >
AQW  Post #: 11
12/29/2016 12:11:17   
Aggreron

@above
its not a gimmick, SS is just gaining mana from the mage mana regen
AQW  Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds Guides >> A Guide to Mana Regeneration
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition