Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Too much strength-based attacks

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Too much strength-based attacks
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/29/2014 23:34:56   
  Exploding Penguin

So I've been playing a bit more recently and have gotten on some good win streaks and ratios as of now, even though I'm still a level 35. Considering I'm playing BM, which is looked at as one of the most underpowered classes right now, I have to say that intimidate, which is looked at as a useless debuff, is an amazing crutch that should be used on any BM build. With an amazingly low energy cost while also dealing strike damage, I found spamming intimidate as a harassment and poking tool that's easily affordable doesn't seem to help much at all, but in the long run is one of BM's best defensive tools. But anyways, the reason why it works so well is that so many cores and skills are strength-based in terms of damage that intimidate really messes them up by applying pressure. Most don't see it, but as of now intimidate is one of BM's and Merc's best skills.

But the point is there's way too much stuff that's strength-based, even the things that don't make sense. Since you strike with a smokescreen, it would make sense. But why don't you throw a projectile like a grenade that explodes and causes a smokescreen, having damage based off of technology or dexterity? Same with something for malfunction, and for hatchling rush. What about mark of blood?

What do you think should happen to all these strength-based core and skills? Should they stay or get changed?

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 1/29/2014 23:36:50 >
Epic  Post #: 1
1/30/2014 0:02:22   
Noobatron x3000

Hey if it works for you

Thing I seem to find when I face bms that use intimidate it doesn't have enough effect on me for them to be able to kill me before I kill them. and this is when its maxed let alone lower I personally view it as a weak skill.
Post #: 2
1/30/2014 0:11:21   
  Exploding Penguin

Yes, I found it's very good as a harassment tool. Before it was hard to abuse in such a way because of increased energy cost, but the tiny debuff boost and the reduced energy cost made it much easier to spam. It feels weak, but if you use it like this for prolonged periods of time you'll eventually realize that it actually does have an effect. IMO it's a great defensive tool because you deal regular strike damage while reducing your incoming damage, which is (from what I'm aware of) the only skill in ED that has that attribute of dealing damage while causing the user to take less damage.
Epic  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Too much strength-based attacks
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition