Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Permanent Stat Cores?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Permanent Stat Cores?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/30/2014 0:54:18   
King FrostLich

What's with the limited stat cores for 30 charges? Every time you lose a battle or go to ANY sort of match, you immediately lose a charge. And most passive cores are all luck based and for certain NPC battles(Platinum Pulverizer and some Frost Weapons) except Critical Heal. It would be highly appreciative if there were permanent stat cores in the game from Elon Musk.
Epic  Post #: 1
1/30/2014 1:19:14   
Noobatron x3000

Whole heartedly agreed IMHO these are the best cores in game passive wise the only reason I wont use them are charges.
Post #: 2
1/30/2014 2:06:03   
Mother1

Not a good idea. It would be bringing back enhancements all over again. Something that was removed at the end of epic duel delta.
Epic  Post #: 3
1/30/2014 2:19:23   
Noobatron x3000

+ 6 stat points that every one could get vs enhancements only var users could realistically get back

And the plus 6 stat points is more useful to more builds if anything the other cores like crits are the cores you'd only use with a abuse build.
Post #: 4
1/30/2014 3:12:57   
DarkDevil

those cores are OPed and a perm version of them will only have 1-2 stats to be on par with other cores.

some numbers :
500 attack and 350 defence
4% block is worth 4.8 defence.
6 dex is worth about 17.4 defence total of defence and block.

6% deflection is worth 4.5 resistance
6 tech is worth about 16 resistance of both resistance and deflection.

also take in account stats also increase skill power.

conclusion : those cores are OPed and should never be permenant the way thry are.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 1/30/2014 3:17:44 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
1/30/2014 3:15:54   
kosmo

it would be like giving 24 free stats point to evryone whit the cost of making all other passives cores usless....... well, it doesnt make sence to me..
Epic  Post #: 6
1/30/2014 3:18:59   
Ranloth
Banned

All other passive cores wouldn't be useless though. They'd have other advantages, albeit not as beneficial for some. Besides, who said +6 would be done? Temp cores always get a power boost, and a handful of times, it was suggested for these cores to give +5 stats instead. Some even suggested +4 stats.

Besides, aren't you guys forgetting power comes at a price? For active cores, it's the EP cost and Credit/Varium cost. For passive cores, it's Credit/Varium cost.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
1/30/2014 3:24:37   
DarkDevil

all cores of the same type cost the same , there is no excuse that one should be better than other.

and looking at the numbers barely 1-2 stats will come permenant seeing the way old cores are balanced with numbers.
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
1/30/2014 3:38:10   
kosmo

even if lowered, they would still be much better of all other passives cores (apart from ninja reflex); even if they gave 1 stat point more they would be better of getting a few crits or stunning 3% of the times whit siderarms....

quote:

Besides, aren't you guys forgetting power comes at a price? For active cores, it's the EP cost and Credit/Varium cost. For passive cores, it's Credit/Varium cost

.....? thats exactly the way it is now, if they were perma cores they would just be a cheep advange that evryone could get, causing another restriction on variety.
Epic  Post #: 9
1/30/2014 3:43:43   
Ranloth
Banned

Yeah, stop with the hyperboles. +1 Support isn't even enough to beat a Crit core, even though it affects all Support-based skills. Likewise with other stats. You can't even compare it to Stun cores, since these have fixed % chance - not affected by Support.

quote:

thats exactly the way it is now, if they were perma cores they would just be a cheep advange that evryone could get, causing another restriction on variety.

Thanks for repeating my words. What's your point?
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
1/30/2014 3:51:35   
kosmo

quote:

Besides, aren't you guys forgetting power comes at a price? For active cores, it's the EP cost and Credit/Varium cost. For passive cores, it's Credit/Varium cost

if we are all disagreing on making these cores cheep, there is no sence to direct this affermation to "us"
Epic  Post #: 11
1/30/2014 3:55:21   
Ranloth
Banned

Please do point out where I've said these cores should be cheap. I'm only bringing up the point where the more powerful a core is, the higher its price will be. Promos are a fine example of that. Having been here for a long time, would you think I'd be for making these cores pathetically cheap and want to ruin balance? These cores wouldn't ruin diversity but there's a slight bias in posts, especially when people don't like something but others do - perhaps there can be a middle ground, for both parties, so it won't be abusable and still viable. That's what balance means, equality.
AQ Epic  Post #: 12
1/30/2014 3:55:57   
Noobatron x3000

I dont personally think making the cores permanant is a big deal to be honest it makes everyone able to get them not just the few prepared to pay for them constantly in there current form.

I could be biased i cant stand the curent passive core options other then for armour to the degree i have not bought a passive core and never will either. I aint spending credits never mind varium on rolling the dice on luck cores, hell as if this game doesnt have enough problems with luck already.

If these cores were made perma i'd buy them even if the bonus was nerfed slightly i think it would be a good move by the developers personally.

I think its abit unfair really how most of the passive perma cores only cater for the type of player who wants to roll the dice.

< Message edited by Noobatron x3000 -- 1/30/2014 4:10:34 >
Post #: 13
1/30/2014 4:03:59   
kosmo

quote:

Please do point out where I've said these cores should be cheap.

please do point out where i have accused you of sayng that :/

< Message edited by kosmo -- 1/30/2014 4:10:57 >
Epic  Post #: 14
1/30/2014 6:06:41   
King FrostLich

quote:

It would be bringing back enhancements all over again. Something that was removed at the end of epic duel delta.

Only difference is that everyone can afford it faster compared to in Delta and you needed ALOT of credits to fully enhance one weapon back then. It's a minor scale in terms of credits and stats given and you CANNOT have 2 stat cores of the same stat compared to Delta where it's possible to spam ALL enhanced stats on to one stat.

quote:

4% block is worth 4.8 defence.
6 dex is worth about 17.4 defence total of defence and block.

6% deflection is worth 4.5 resistance
6 tech is worth about 16 resistance of both resistance and deflection.

Wrong. 4% block = 10 dexterity, 6% deflection = 18 tech. The amount of resistance and defense slowly scales if you have so much stats invested on it already, not in an average long run scale.

< Message edited by King FrostLich -- 1/30/2014 6:07:17 >
Epic  Post #: 15
1/30/2014 6:30:11   
DarkDevil

you don't get the block as dexterity rather defence.
i was calculating effect not its dexterity value , you don't have 10 dex orelse you'd have over 25 defence , you only have 4% block.

150-(150*0.96+30*0.04) = 4.8 , that's how much the block does , same for deflection but changing values.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 1/30/2014 6:31:46 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 16
1/30/2014 6:38:47   
Ranloth
Banned

Translating blocks/deflections into pure defense is really difficult, unless you assume standard values for a certain level - otherwise, it won't ever be accurate. Since ED hasn't got standards, like AQ, we both know this is near impossible, right, DarkDevil?
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
1/30/2014 6:39:17   
Silver Sky Magician

As many others have said, releasing permanent versions would render all other passive cores irrelevant. If you need to tweak the stats given/ cost for the sake of balance, why even bother? Because the devs have nothing better to do? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Post #: 18
1/30/2014 6:43:17   
DarkDevil

@trans it is possible under stable conditions as i have stated 500 damage and 350 defence , which is what most high level players got.

the amount is variable with damage and armor but the rational difference won't change , only the absolute difference change.
the values are not 100% accurate but its better than comparing percentage of different things.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 1/30/2014 6:59:55 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 19
1/30/2014 9:59:09   
King FrostLich

quote:

150-(150*0.96+30*0.04) = 4.8 , that's how much the block does

Lol this random computation. Why not just look here instead of making up calculations? http://epicduelwiki.com/w/Blocking#Blocking

It's not damage vs defense to calculate block chance, it's HOW MUCH dexterity you have more than your opponent.
Epic  Post #: 20
1/30/2014 10:11:38   
Xendran

quote:

Not a good idea. It would be bringing back enhancements all over again. Something that was removed at the end of epic duel delta.

This makes absolutely zero sense.

The system is CURRENTLY like enhancements: If you want to maintain them in battles you need to either grind npcs constantly while waiting to get enough credits to get your cores back, or you need to buy varium.
It's a LOT easier on non-varium players if they can buy it for a one-time cost rather than being forced into buying varium or not PVPing, (or even more expensive, having a full set of secondary weapons with alternative cores and retraining every time their stat cores run out).
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 21
1/30/2014 10:55:23   
DarkDevil

@King FrostLich cores are unaffected by stats , so dexterity doesn't matter when calculating the power of a core .
beside that's only the relative power of a core , it only proves that the stat cores are over three times as powerfull as other cores.

the idea of making them perm is possible but it will be down to 1 stat point instead.

@Xendran the best solution to the problem you have pointed about people farming npcs and buying them is to remove even the temporary ones from the game or nerf them down to 1-2 , so it will be balanced and there will be no temporary advantage.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 1/30/2014 11:24:30 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 22
1/31/2014 16:05:14   
Noobatron x3000

Atm the way the cores are temporary gives the person using them more advantage then making them permanent would, as others have stated.

Since its only a hardcore player who could have the funds to keep them equipped.

Making them more op now then they would be as permas.

Creating a gap the developers were supposed to be trying to avoid.
Post #: 23
1/31/2014 20:19:56   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

those cores are OPed and a perm version of them will only have 1-2 stats to be on par with other cores.

If they are OP then they shouldn't exist in the first place, permanent or not.

IMO any core should have a permanent version, whether or not it's obtainable in the same way. Titan's seasonal birthday weps for example should probably have a permanent version of some of the cores. If you want his promo cores on other weapons, then that would be understandable that they're limited.

Limited cores were made with the intention of having a lower price to test them out before you purchase them, but you can't "purchase" them if there's no permanent version. This should really get fixed...
Epic  Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Permanent Stat Cores?
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition