Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Cybernetic Bounce

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Cybernetic Bounce
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/5/2014 0:09:21   
  Exploding Penguin

A new skill to replace CH's shadow arts. CH lacks a good metagame since static charge often feeds the opponent's assimilation, static grenade, and static smash. This new skill I'm suggesting will be the very first of its kind in ED, so I expect it to receive lots of mixed feedback, but its main point is to advance CH's meta from a mindgame standpoint.

So what this skill does is when you use it, you apply a buff on yourself for 3 turns. This buff will appear to the opponent(s) as plasma armor or defense matrix, and will cost energy equal to whatever the cost of your plasma armor/matrix is. So when you use it, you apply cybernetic bounce on yourself, but to your opponents it makes you look like you used matrix or plasma armor. And you'll always use one of the two because the skill tree will be tweaked so that this follows plasma armor investment in the tree.

What cybernetic bounce does is it bounces back any debuffs, status effects/ailments, and any other similar effects back onto the user. Investment in skill points increases the return punish. If the attack that is bounced deals damage then you will take the damage but the opponent will receive the bounced effect. Here's a sample of numbers for it:

1. Effects bounced back have 60% potency
2. 72% potency
3. 82% potency
4. 90%
5. 96%
6. 102%
7. 106%
8. 110%
9. 113%
10. 115%

It costs energy equal to whatever plasma armor or defense matrix you have. If you have enough energy for one but not the other you will always use the one you have enough energy for. More skill point investment has no penalty on the skill's usage. Cooldown is 5

For an example of how this would work, let's say I'm in a 1v1. My defense matrix costs 130 energy and increases my defense by 210. I use level 4 (90% bounce back potency) of cybernetic bounce, my defense matrix activates, I lose 130 energy, and to my opponent it says I have +210 defense and matrix active on me. In reality, I don't have +210 defense but instead have cybernetic bounce and no matrix applied onto me. Now the opponent uses malfunction with a -30 technology debuff. They strike for 100 damage, BUT the bounce comes into effect and instead of me getting -30 technology, the opponent gets 90% of that, or -27 technology onto themselves. This will apply for all forms of poison, frost shards, necrosis, energy-draining moves (which will be reflected entirely with no penalty on the CH at all), armor annihilator, pyro fly's swarm, concussive shot, azrael's will, azrael's mark, heart attack, etc... Examples of what this will not affect that are skills are: Improbability gate, meteor shower, stun skills, etc...

Some of you must be really confused and think that this will be either OP or useless like color blast. First off, the opponent does not know whether or not you used cybernetic bounce. This places a good mindgame on the opponent. They can probe to test your defense/resistance to see if it really is the buff or not, but that risks them dealing minimal damage, reflecting their own attack onto themselves, or using a move they don't want to use which breaks up their combo. This also grants temporary immunity to energy moves, which is much needed on CH who can barely restore energy before they feed other classes that drain EP. This skill should replace a currently entirely unused one with a new skill that greatly improves CH's metagame and turns it into a humongous strategy-based class, but not without its risks. It costs an entire turn to use and has a lengthy cooldown, so opponents who predict its usage correctly can easily work around it.

This skill should really bring in some interesting new build setups if it's implemented into the game. Remember that the numbers I provided are sample numbers and are used for the sake of the example and to get the gist of the skill's gimmick.
Epic  Post #: 1
2/5/2014 3:40:36   
DarkDevil

only one problem here.

you can't hide anything from opponent and making another thing show , so the making is technically impossible.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
2/5/2014 19:54:08   
  Exploding Penguin

^why can't you? The opponent knows that it possibly is the bounce and possibly isn't. From a coding standpoint it's very possible as well.
Epic  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Cybernetic Bounce
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition