Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Replacement for energy Parasite

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Replacement for energy Parasite
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/6/2014 0:29:32   
  Exploding Penguin

Because energy parasite really isn't helpful at all and on many BM builds it doesn't even exist due to its pointlessly slow energy draining and high support requirement, I thought of taking someone's suggestion from the suggestion forum and turn it into a replacement skill.

So basically this new skill is invested in and every skill point you place in it you gain 4 "overlap stat points" (for lack of better name we'll just go with overlap). At level 10 you gain 40 stat points, and at level 1 you gain 4. Energy cost is 0, and there's no stat requirement. You can allocate your overlap stat points between fights when you're in the field, and basically activating this skill activates your overlap skill points. For example, if I'm running a dex caster, I can put all 50 points (if I max this skill out) into dexterity. I can then use reflex boost, stack it with this new skill, and gain massive dex boosts reaching almost +100 to then use my skills. This may seem overpowered at first but since it's replacing energy parasite it will have very limited usage in terms of combo setups. It costs little energy so it can be used very flexibly, but still has a noticeable energy cost at higher levels of investment and can take a while to setup with other buffs like reflex boost.

Unlike the example you are not force to put all your overlap points into a single stat. If I wanted to I could run a focus build with 45+12 strength and 1000+ HP, and my stat spread of overlap could be something like +10 strength +20 dex +10 tech. Whenever I activated it I would get +10 strength, +20 dex, and +10 more tech added to my current stats so this skill can be very flexible with any build type since it also has no requirement to work with its low energy cost.

This can be weakened through heart attack and azrael's mark. It also has 4 duration to make it last a lengthy amount of time, BUT it does have 1 drawback to its otherwise superiority in every field, and this is because it replaces energy parasite which will pretty much make BM struggle through the midgame (unless you use this skill to turn the fight in your favor! You could use it to rush a quick fight by overpowering your opponents's heals, or you could use it to stall until your opponent runs out of energy). You can at best use this maybe 2 times a fight that's moderate-long in duration, and 3 times if you can pull off a stall build against another heal looper or stall build.

This skill may seem overpowered at first since it gives BM total dominance over the endgame, but the entire metagame right now is based off of energy flow. If energy parasite is replaced with this skill BM will have no control over energy flow in the battle at all. What I like about the idea of this skill is that you can use it to build your character up in infinite different ways. You can build it with good dex and tech boosts to counter hatchling rush, or you could build it to improve caster damage. You can also use it to cover holes in your builds such as having high resistance but low defense, or you can stack it with strength to make yourself hit massive amounts with mark of blood to help you regen health. You could also make this a more even spread so that you just in general gain improved defenses and slightly increased damage, etc..
Basically, the possibilities are endless and would bring a new meaning to build creation and variety.

Overall I want this skill to bring BM back to what it was in late delta with the infamous focus build. Back then it was superior in the endgame where energy had been almost completely drained out, and then BM could wreck the opponent with its passive synergy. I'm slowly trying to bring back classes that specialize in some particular way like that because it's way more fun than right now where each class is the same with different skills (hard to explain concept but if you played in Delta you'll probably get what I'm talking about). So this skill should help BM become more fun, promote more varied builds, and really bring some interesting metagame and endgame to it with its 0 energy cost but bad stat boosts without high skill point investment.

Chances of such a skill being implemented are slim, but there's still a hope. I really do think this suggestion will bring up one more class to be more fun to play as and against.

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 2/6/2014 20:00:16 >
Epic  Post #: 1
2/6/2014 2:48:54   
DarkDevil

just one problem , each class needs a way to drain and regain energy.

so this can't replace energy parasite.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
2/6/2014 18:00:31   
  Exploding Penguin

^no. Not all classes do. Why do they? This skill in and of itself is already very strong individually, so like I said in the block of text it has a place in replacing energy parasite. Replacing any other skill would obviously make it OP. Since it's replacing a currently essential skill in the metagame it should balance out somewhat evenly.

Please give more reasoning to help me understand. Your main point is that it can't replace energy parasite. Your supporting reasoning states that this is because each class apparently needs a way to drain and regain energy. But why? Your explanation lacks explanation and leaves a lot of confusion for me.
Epic  Post #: 3
2/6/2014 18:05:31   
Ranloth
Banned

They do since cores had EP cost implemented and passives were revamped; bigger stress on Energy, compared to before. This is the reason why BMs got Energy Parasite - and yet, they didn't have it prior to removal of passives. Yes, DA could've been replaced with something else but Mecha Mario himself, said that it was given to BMs because they were lacking a skill to drain/return Energy.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
2/6/2014 18:16:15   
  Exploding Penguin

BM was doing fine without it. Back then if I was playing BH or CH and I have a very, very strong EMP that just wrecked their energy on turn 1, they still could win against me. They never got nerfed because honestly they didn't need to (their win rate was decently high but not near the OP levels TLM tanks were with their atom abuse), so I don't see why replacing the energy skill that's honestly right now not too helpful with a skill that is very similar to a passive would hurt BMs more.

Also back then a huge reason for the need to drain was because of massacre builds but they're nonexistant for the most part right now.
Epic  Post #: 5
2/6/2014 18:26:17   
Ranloth
Banned

BM was doing fine without it, yes. That was prior to cores costing EP & passives to actives change.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
2/6/2014 21:51:53   
lionblades

If Devs do not buff and change how Energy Parasite works, I support this idea. This skill is better than energy parasite. BM energy counter abilities are so useless right now, and Parasite is such a joke. I doubt any of you guys have seen someone use Parasite effectively (meaning able to get enough energy for 1 heal or so) because it is terrible. Either change how Parasite works or implement a different skill that is more useful the current Parasite.

< Message edited by lionblades -- 2/6/2014 21:52:24 >
AQW  Post #: 7
2/6/2014 22:19:04   
Mother1

@ lionblades

This skill would be great if there wasn't so much stress on energy.

This skill as it has been said works best on NPC due to them having high energy. This is something that hardly anyone does anymore due to the stress the staff put on energy due to the following.

1 adding costs to one time use cores
2 passive to active change
3 cutting energy from 2 per stat to 1.25 per stat

A way to help this problem would be the following

1 Cut the costs of all energy consuming skills (from cores to skills) in half. With this done energy won't be so restricted and energy drainers/gainers won't be so crippling to the masses.
Epic  Post #: 8
2/6/2014 23:12:37   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

BM energy counter abilities are so useless right now, and Parasite is such a joke. I doubt any of you guys have seen someone use Parasite effectively (meaning able to get enough energy for 1 heal or so) because it is terrible. Either change how Parasite works or implement a different skill that is more useful the current Parasite.

The use of high-energy skills by TLMs and TMs is pretty much unstoppable to BMs at this point. I'm actually running a somewhat quirky focus build with exact focus stats (45 on all) and everything into HP, for 1175 HP (level 35). Level 2 blood commander, 7 heal, 6 intimidate, 3 energy shield, 7 reflex, and max energy parasite. I do get the opportunity to heal from energy parasite, but that's not explained by balance of the skill; it's explained by the population playing ED at my current level range. Majority of people in my level range who I fight in 1v1 PvPs, levels 32-38 mostly, are all heroes. They really can't play on a level compared to those commanders nearing emperor and emperor themselves, because if they did they would use static grenade, static smash, EMP, or time their assimilation right to trip me up during the fight. Only one person was smart enough as a TM to wait until the hole in energy parasite to use assim, then strike back and use all of his energy in a bludgeon, rendering me without much energy and none to steal from him with him having a very clear health advantage over me. If everyone played intellectually and skillfully like that, then the problem with energy parasite would be much more apparent. Right now not many people think it needs to be changed because there aren't enough skilled opponents who utilize their energy drains well enough to efficiently seal a BM's skill usage.
Epic  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Replacement for energy Parasite
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition