Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

What's Up With the Bank System

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What's Up With the Bank System
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/6/2014 20:08:24   
  Exploding Penguin

So here are my thoughts on this:

-Essentially a separate inventory
-Hides things from your character page. I don't know why you'd want to hide it from your character page. All it does is make people presume you're being biased when talking about a core being too OP since it's in your bank or not in your bank and they can't see.
-Pretty much adds extra 30 slots for each character. Kind of a waste of memory if you ask me.
-Since this is pretty much just a separate section of your inventory only accessible from your house and you must withdraw items one by one, I think this consumes unnecessary time

As it stands right now, the bank is just a big waste of time for everyone. It doesn't give anyone more inventory slots they could have gotten themselves, takes time to withdraw and deposit items, unnecessarily hides things from your character page, and pretty much serves no real purpose. I actually don't even know why this was implemented. The only reason I can think of is for people who have expensive rares that they don't want to sell, because they stick the rares in there which helps keep them from selling it for new ones if they're the hasty type to sell rares (which I'd never advise from personal experience), and this is honestly not a really good reason because people can just practice self-control on selling and buying.

So what do you think of the bank system? Do you think it actually serves a purpose or is just a big waste of time? Do you think it has a future or was a pointless implemented feature?
Epic  Post #: 1
2/6/2014 20:15:51   
Ranloth
Banned

It doesn't hide things off your character page... o.o

Just thought I'd say that.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
2/6/2014 20:23:02   
  Exploding Penguin

...huh. Well, since I supposed it would appear in a separate section on character pages.
Epic  Post #: 3
2/6/2014 23:38:43   
Pemberton

It actually saves server load if you know programming.
Post #: 4
2/6/2014 23:45:40   
  Exploding Penguin

I do indeed know programming.

And apparently it doesn't really, at least not in the way I'm thinking of because when you view character pages it shows up as part of your inventory. This either tells me that character page viewing just became slightly less efficient, and also tells me that there's a possibility that the bank is still loaded upon login whether or not you view it like your basic inventory.
Epic  Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What's Up With the Bank System
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition