Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

xP/Credit boost

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> xP/Credit boost
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/20/2014 17:27:24   
danirasab
Banned

I think the xp and credit boost is kinda a bump ( the 495 varium one) because when you log off it still stays active and say if you havent played in 2 days it all gets wasted.

I think it should be like aqw where if you buy the boost and you log off, the hours/days will not count until you come online.

I would say the 100 wins is better then the 495 varium so i think it should be changed.
Epic  Post #: 1
2/20/2014 18:07:54   
s0u1ja b0y

It would be abusable though. Being able to play 24 hours at three times xp and/or credit gain. Theoretically, you could get 9600 credits every day and 3600 xp by npcing. So in 24 days you could get 230400 creds and 86400 xp just npcing. You could start off lvl 1 and be lvl 37 in just 24 days. This is why it can't be done.
Epic  Post #: 2
2/20/2014 19:32:29   
NDB

^
No, because a) XP/Credit boosts only grant double the normal reward, not triple and b) you can't even do close to 100 NPC battles in 60 minutes.
Epic  Post #: 3
2/20/2014 19:41:28   
Xendran

quote:

b) you can't even do close to 100 NPC battles in 60 minutes.

This is wrong. I can kill frost demon in 4 turns. There are also two power hours.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 4
2/20/2014 19:45:08   
NDB

And how long is 4 turns? Besides, most people can't, especially if they want to fight NPCs that are actually their level or above.

< Message edited by NDB -- 2/20/2014 19:46:56 >
Epic  Post #: 5
2/20/2014 21:24:21   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

I would say the 100 wins is better then the 495 varium so i think it should be changed.

Some people, particularly those who are on/near the LB almost every day, can benefit greatly from credit boosts in particular because they gain 200+ wins or so per day. I don't see a problem with 2 days being 495 varium; you should only buy it if you plan to spend most of your time on ED over the next 2 days.
Epic  Post #: 6
2/20/2014 21:27:28   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

And how long is 4 turns? Besides, most people can't, especially if they want to fight NPCs that are actually their level or above.

4 turns will be around 30-40 seconds at most. And most people can, but choose not to. I've got PvP build, on my L27 TM, which deals with Bio Hazard (26) in 5 turns, and during one PH, I could easily get to 65-70 NPCs. Take away one turn from all these battles, and you may easily make it to 75-80 NPCs in one PH. It is that easy.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
2/21/2014 1:17:38   
s0u1ja b0y

@NDB
If you play during power hour only and start over, you could do this with ease. And I didn't even take into account NPCs with drops.
Epic  Post #: 8
2/21/2014 2:04:47   
NDB

@Trans: Well, that's not 100 battles.
@s0u1ja b0y: Drops have nothing to do with boosts as their sell price is unaffected by them, so that's kind of invalid...

Anyway, I never said I supported the idea, just trying to make it sound a little more reasonable.
Epic  Post #: 9
2/21/2014 8:51:45   
Ranloth
Banned

^ There's two Power Hours during the day, not one. If you can only play during one, 70-80 NPC wins in one hour is still quite a lot. Just barely half a minute per fight.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
2/21/2014 8:59:24   
Scyze

I can get 35-40 NPC wins during Power Hour.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
2/21/2014 9:02:25   
Ranloth
Banned

We're on about fast kill builds. BMs and TMs can pull of Xendran's build, which deals with Frost Demon in 4 turns. At lower level - such as my Dex TM (27) - I can pull off 4-5 turn Bio Hazard (26) build. I remember being able to pull off 45-50 NPCs on Slayer, with a Str+Dex BM build.

And with two Power Hours, even tougher NPCs can be capped to 100 wins, easily. If one decides to buy 2-Days Booster, they will likely play for hours, so - most likely - they will be on for both PHs, to make the most of it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 12
2/21/2014 12:02:53   
Xendran

Actually, every class except tac merc can 4-turn frost demon.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 13
2/21/2014 16:55:34   
NDB

Well, he is 5 levels lower after all...
Epic  Post #: 14
2/23/2014 7:59:03   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

I'm locking this up because this is very unlikely to happen, I will give you the main reasons:

1. It would allow players to buy one 48 hour boost, then log in simply for the power hours, hit 48 power hours which they NPC through or even just PvPing and completely exploit the system. This will get the response of 'just make it so it does not work during power hours' or something of such, thing is, then someone will ask for it not to count towards the time then, since it does not work in that hour... It just gets too complicated for what it's worth.

2. AQW is no primarily a PvP game and the PvP in it is something you are free to do on the side for a bit of fun. On the other hand, EpicDuel is a PvP game, the credits you earn and the experience all effects the game and subsequently other players therefore giving people who purchase boosts such a large period of time and opportunity to earn much more than others just does not work.

3. The idea of the boosts is you have an option. If you feel you can get more that one hundred wins in 48 hours, you choose to purchase the 48 hour boost, then you have 48 hours to do as much as you can. However, if you feel you will get more from a 100 wins boost, because you do not feel you can get more out of a 48 hour boost that's an option as well as the smaller option if only a small boost is required.

At the end of the day the options are not there to give you super easy experience and credits so you can go from level 20 to 40 in the space of 2 weeks playing during the power hours etc. they are there to give you the option to get easier experience and credits if you want a boost, not an OP boost, but one that has good but limited/fair effects.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> xP/Credit boost
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition