Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread
Page 21 of 25«<1920212223>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/16/2014 10:07:19   
The Finnish Phoenix

A story is unnecessary imo and wouldn't make me any more into OS than I already am. It would make OS like any other AE game; just because it isn't like other AE games doesn't mean it's a failure. It also leaves characters open to interpretation and puts an emphasis on the players themselves and their interactions with other players being the story.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 501
6/16/2014 10:11:36   
The Jop

I know that there are people who just like the gameplay, but I really need a reason to fight, i.e. plot. They could also introduce minigames and things in quests, so there would be more to do than just battling. Gameplay brings me to a game, but (a good) plot keeps me there.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 502
6/16/2014 10:22:26   
Axel459
The Void Calls

quote:

If they could make it more like Entropy fron DF

OMG someone else that knows about Entropy, they were really amazing when they were introduced and I would love to see them in OS especially since Nulgath is the one who designed them.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 503
6/16/2014 10:32:43   
DeathGuard

I remember when I made an Entropy Fan Art for a drawing contest but it didn't won because it wasn't "player-friendly" due to the blood shown in its sword .-.
Entropy

I would love to possess Entropy in OS, should be fun to see its animations and 5 hit combo.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 504
6/16/2014 15:46:19   
LigerBeard

@DeathGuard: I really like it! It's a shame it didn't win! Also, while I meant a chaos character in a similar style to Entropy, I admit I'd love to possess Entropy in OS, too.
Also, I made a new Mother Nature character today. Hope you all like it!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 505
6/16/2014 15:46:54   
DidYouKnowThat

Ah, so that's what they are called, the Entropy. I liked them, just didn't know what they were called. :P
Entropy Dragons ain't so bad either. Like the helmets.

(edit) @Ligerbeard: Them horns be reminding me of Xerneas. xD

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/16/2014 15:47:33 >
Post #: 506
6/20/2014 11:07:36   
Gorillo Titan

How about a mystery box character with ??? amount of health?

Has a very low encounter rate if you do capture it instead of getting it you get a sgs.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 6/20/2014 13:20:06 >
Post #: 507
6/20/2014 13:56:25   
Blackshock

So yeah, I've finally added some new stuff to my gallery. Both were attempts at trying ou animating something in flash. I did the art itself in sai because of how comfortable I am with it and just transported the files to flash. They may look a bit off in motion, I guess that's because they're rasters instead of vectors. Oh well, was worth a shot.

Dread wurm

updated pagliazzo
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 508
6/20/2014 20:28:26   
LigerBeard

I made a new backstory that I'm saving for the next suggestion contest, but I need some opinions. I'll put a link here for you all. I hope you all enjoy it!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 509
6/20/2014 20:45:58   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

@Ligerbeard: That story is incredible! Bloody keeps a diary? xD
You ought to read the original Dracula novel man.

Doesn't seem to say much about Morgana though, just her near execution and escape.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 510
6/21/2014 4:01:56   
Blackshock

Currently trying to draw something using flash itself instead of just sai. It's a lot harder than I'm used to but here's a progress shot of something. Imma finish all the base parts first before applying shading so I know how the light and shade should look.

Dragonbreaker WIP

< Message edited by blackshock -- 6/21/2014 4:02:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 511
6/21/2014 8:45:50   
LigerBeard

@ChaosRipjaw: Why thank you! It also happens to be the longest backstory I ever made XD.
And yes, Bloody keeps a diary, though he'd prefer to call it a journal.
Also, I was trying to take my sister's advice and, "Show don't tell". I thought also that telling about her during that crucial moment would make it more memorable.
Oh, and I just might take you up on reading Dracula.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 512
6/21/2014 9:38:18   
Blackshock

Dragonbreaker progress shot
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 513
6/21/2014 9:55:54   
LigerBeard

@Blackshock: That's looking really good! I especially love how you added the dragon amulet on the chest!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 514
6/21/2014 11:38:47   
Blackshock

Thanks. Always wanted to sneak in a little homage. Anyway, here's the final product, Could have been better but I guess it's alright considering my current skill level.

dragonbreaker
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 515
6/21/2014 11:48:48   
LigerBeard

@Blackshock: It looks really good! Makes you look a lot more skilled at flash than you say you are!
Also, do you think that you could give my you're opinion on the backstory of The Heartless One that I posted on this page, as well as my drawing of Mother Nature?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 516
6/27/2014 18:17:03   
Battlemaster39

I feel like they need to make playable characters a little easier to possess. Whenever I go on to Oversoul, I want to possess the new characters that they have recently added but I find it difficult to possess any character worth having because they are either hard to find, hard to possess, cost soul gems, or a mixture of the above. Of course, since I am a free player, I will have a harder time but it still feels ridiculously difficult to posses anything. Anyone else feel this way?
AQW  Post #: 517
6/27/2014 21:16:54   
DidYouKnowThat

I don't have much of a problem possessing any characters.
Though the same cannot be said for buying characters, or leveling them. o_o
Post #: 518
6/29/2014 11:53:06   
Lupus the Wolf
Heres How We Roll Winner
July 2014

DADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Bored concept sketches
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 519
6/29/2014 18:41:27   
DidYouKnowThat

Lupus! Long time no see. :P
Very nice sketch. I like it. The designs on the. .. kilt (?) are very interesting.
Along with the general idea. A mystical, four-headed lycan wielding a sword? . . .
Post #: 520
6/30/2014 1:35:56   
Lupus the Wolf
Heres How We Roll Winner
July 2014

Based on this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirius
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 521
6/30/2014 1:51:47   
DidYouKnowThat

Oh, Sirius eh? You serious!?
Lel. Ok. Well either way, very interesting. Hm. . . .

I think one of my favorite things about your drawing is the sword. I absolutely love how it's
a bit curved, and very aesthetic. Great details! The sword, gotta love it. Along with the gem on the handle. Yup . .simple in a way, yet smooth, elegant, and aesthetic. And detailed. . . but I just said simple in a way. . . e.e
Weird to describe. Lel. BUT
-Thumbs up-

- getting tired. lates-

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/30/2014 1:53:41 >
Post #: 522
7/26/2014 18:20:40   
LigerBeard

I made a new backstory and art today for my sister's personal character, Jade, and I was wondering if I could get some opinions on it!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 523
8/10/2014 13:23:58   
The Jop

@MonsterCat
Cool design for a character, but I'm not sure how much experience you have playing Oversoul since you added 7 life drains. Life Drain costs 8 energy and the energy cap is 20; 7 would be 56 energy. You also have 11 DoTs, each of which costs 6 energy, so that's 66 energy. The idea is interesting, but the deck would not work at all since you would have to spend most of your time charging instead of using your cards.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 8/10/2014 13:24:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 524
8/16/2014 16:39:43   
Battlemaster39

It would be very interesting play feature if monsters with dual elements existed (fire and water, dark and fire, etc.) Any thoughts?

Fight the Archfiend. For the Light!
----------------------------------------------

http://oversoul.artix.com/

AQW  Post #: 525
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread
Page 21 of 25«<1920212223>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition