Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Here's How We Roll Contest Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> [Gallery Events] >> Special Events >> RE: Here's How We Roll Contest Discussion
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/1/2014 2:25:39   
DaiTigris
How We Roll Winner
June14

Thank you Kian for your kind words.

Eukara, I think so. Unfortunately I was hoping to see more last minute entries...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
6/1/2014 10:10:36   
Therries
Creative!
How We Roll Winner Apr14

It appears that I ran into some unforeseen events and utterly failed to deliver this time 'round. -_-

@DaiTigris: Your entry looks fun, however. Would've loved to compete in craziness. :D
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 27
6/6/2014 18:23:06   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Well, somehow we need to put the word out more. Maybe I will advertise in the game-based art subforums. I was hoping the general announcement at the top of the forum would help. I got more writers, but lost artists. Hmmmm, we are trying to get more activity. It will come, we just need to be patient.

One of the issues I am not happy about is this incessant need to get get get get. Sometimes, your reward in Real Life is knowing you finished, or knowing you did your job well. I fear too many people are being taught that unless you get some sort of tangible reward that cashes in, it's not worth doing. And that, in my opinion, is unfortunate. What ever happened to doing stuff because you are enjoying yourself and you just want to share your talents with others?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
6/8/2014 4:46:59   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Madame Vox, how about using Twitter and Facebook to further promote the Contests...?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 29
6/8/2014 14:56:02   
Eukara Vox

I don't have a company facebook page, so I can't promote it that way. I don't know if I remember my twitter password...

Twitter and Facebook may have to be something you guys do.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
6/8/2014 21:45:40   
DaiTigris
How We Roll Winner
June14

Thanks Therries, I would have loved to see what you could have come up with as well. Hopefully next round won't be so hectic so we can both give it our best. I'll personally admit this round I wasn't quite sure what to do with the given elements and it took me a long time to settle on what direction I wanted to take with them. Regardless though I'm thoroughly enjoying this contest. Mostly because I do love drawing but sometimes I run short on my creative juices and this just seems to hit the spot in giving me ideas to work into a fully developed piece.

I do find it regrettable that others tend to crave for grand rewards. Though contests with greater rewards do garner more participants they require the best you can give to others and sometimes that is not enough to win out the competition. I personally had to adjust to the hard fact that the the only thing I might take away from those kinds of contests was the effort I put into them. So either way no matter what kind of contest I enter I'm guaranteed the same reward despite what additional prizes may or may not be awarded. I hope that others may realize this and enjoy the work they make more than the any prize awarded to them. At least I wish others would recognize what a grand opportunity this is. This it is a community event where your fellow forum goers will be choosing the piece of art they enjoy the most and the most liked piece of art will be the grand winner of the month. Anyone could win, if they only would just create a piece to enter.

Concerning spreading the word about the contest about; I'm not sure how many artists actively hang out on the IRC gallery channel but it could be worth seeing if anyone who frequents there would be interested.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 31
6/9/2014 1:42:28   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Very well then. With your permission, I would like to create both an FB and a Twitter page...?

Congratulations, Dai...!!!

EDIT: Do I require a high post in the forums to be able to put up these pages...??

< Message edited by Arthur -- 6/9/2014 1:56:32 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 32
6/9/2014 1:52:43   
Lupus the Wolf
Heres How We Roll Winner
July 2014

I would've joined, but I got struck with chickenpox during the timespan I planned to do my art entry, what a pity = w =;

A calculated tragedy, miracles are foolish
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
6/9/2014 9:51:29   
Ilø€IMPERIAL€ølI

I took part in the secret santa a while back so I might give this one a try too. Though, I'm not clear on one thing. Can or can we not use online stock images to composite a piece?
Post #: 34
6/9/2014 14:43:46   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

Well, last round ended too soon, I really hoped we would have more entries so we will have proper voting. Regardless, congratulations DaiTigris, your piece was wonderful and the title is well-deserved! Now, it is time for the third round! Remember to invite all of your friends to participate in the contest!

Round 3 elements:
1. Rainbow
2. Theft/Burglary
3. Moon
4. Shadow
5. Lightning

Also, few answers to previous posts:
@Arthur: We prefer that such pages will be created by official forum staff members. Expect such pages soon!
@Ilø€IMPERIAL€ølI: The general answer is yes, you can use online stock images, but please minimize the use of them so the new piece is mostly created by yourself. Also, if you are using any stock pages, please make sure you are allowed to use it. Using pictures found using Google is definitely not allowed. Instead, use a art uploading website such as DeviantArt, in which the artists and photographs also write if they allow the use of their images.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 35
6/10/2014 11:29:32   
Ilø€IMPERIAL€ølI

Interesting elements. Without a doubt, I already have my art concept down. Now, all I need to do is make it. This is going to be fun since I will tie this piece with my writing submission. There is no rule against entering in both contest correct?
Post #: 36
6/10/2014 11:52:01   
Eukara Vox

Nope, no rule against that!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
6/10/2014 17:43:37   
DaiTigris
How We Roll Winner
June14

These dice, they speak of such wonderful ideas to me! Not really but in all seriousness this will be an interesting piece to develop, thinking about doing a mixed media for this one.

@Lupus, Ah sorry to hear that sounded like no fun at all. Hoping that you'll be feeling better soon!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 38
6/10/2014 23:47:17   
solomi123

how could i've missed this, I feel so stupid now

welp , no time to lose *grab tablet*
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 39
6/13/2014 2:00:11   
deathlord45

Is hand drawn on a piece of paper and scanned workable to give in a submission? Also are there any size limitations for drawing?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 40
6/13/2014 15:46:11   
Rander

When is it due?

Man, round 3 is weird! I mean a rainbow at night!?!?! Round 2 was definitely more grounded. But this... It is just too random!
DF  Post #: 41
6/13/2014 17:16:28   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Wow, I didnt know about this... might as well try my luck, and I have a pretty good idea for the round too..

So, one question.. Do we get a custom Avvy?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 42
6/13/2014 17:30:33   
Kian
Creative!

^ No. There are no actual awards given, aside from a title. The point of the whole contest is to share your creativity with the world
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 43
6/14/2014 11:52:04   
Eukara Vox

For those of you who don't know, there is a such thing as a lunar rainbow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonbow

Just thought I would help with that...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
6/14/2014 21:47:53   
deathlord45

That is an interesting thing to know, but the moon can sometimes be seen during daylight hours anyways. Though it does give ideas for later.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 45
6/15/2014 4:01:51   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

Well, I remembered I forgot to clear the submission thread. I also added the elements there, and the due date, July 9th.
This answers Rander's question.

Also, if you're interested, the element choosing process for the visual arts is pretty simple. I randomize the list of elements, pick the 3 or 4 first elements, and then add enough elements so it won't be too random. Personally, I'm quite happy with the current elements, a visual piece using different methods for lighting would be very interesting. Although, inserting the "Theft" action won't be easy. I can't wait to see what you come up with!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 46
6/17/2014 3:32:41   
Therries
Creative!
How We Roll Winner Apr14

Seconded. I'm also very pleased with the elements. I'd rather find it difficult to find a selection that could be described as "too random".

The point of the contest is expressing one's creativity, thus the elements should not be seen as 'limiting', but rather as an opportunity to expand your creative thinking and even technical skill, by bringing rather peculiar and certainly unusual settings into life.

Not to mention, creative problem solving is an extremely useful skill to have in any field. So even if this seems like an extremely difficult challenge, I strongly recommend to take the opportunity to "level up" and the next time you come up with a more "grounded" assignment, you'll just fly through it with relative ease.

Also, as I see it, the "Theft" element would actually be extremely easy to place in the given setting. Rather the difficulty lies in the matter of how impactful of an execution one can manage to come up with.

Alas, I shall end my rambling; good skill to any and all who participate!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 47
6/17/2014 17:38:07   
Rander

Thanks for answering my questions. I will participate this time with a charismatic painting.
DF  Post #: 48
6/19/2014 1:46:16   
Sasu

Hello. I'm new to the Forums and I'm quite lost, but I want to participate. What '5 elements' are you referring to for the Visual Arts? Natural elements, or...?
AQW  Post #: 49
6/19/2014 6:50:30   
Therries
Creative!
How We Roll Winner Apr14

Hey there! Glad to have you in the Forums.

The five elements are listed in the contest submissions thread here (<-clicky!) under the "Round 3 elements for the visual artists".
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> [Gallery Events] >> Special Events >> RE: Here's How We Roll Contest Discussion
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition