Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Eggzooka is in Xraal's Shop

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Eggzooka is in Xraal's Shop
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/2/2014 7:38:59   
Drianx

Mmmkay.
Although I originally bought them and have kept them ever since, I don't really care they brought them back now, even by accident or whatever.
I would have been upset if they had done it before Omega, when they were the most powerful auxes in the game.
But now I don't really care much.
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
3/2/2014 8:32:39   
Ranloth
Banned

I'd vote for removing them from those who have purchased it in the past 24h - or so - and end all this. Returning Credits for those who bought it? No. Return Varium? Yes (because it's tracked in the system, unlike Credits).

Sorry, but bug abuse results in a ban (or worse) - as per Terms and Conditions - and right now, we're setting a precedent that sometimes bug abuse is allowed, as long as Devs say it's alright.

Oh well, at least Energy Eggzooka is still truly Rare.
AQ Epic  Post #: 27
3/2/2014 8:42:59   
martinsen5

Yessss, got me a Celtic Cleaver, as well as the Botanical Battlegear and Borg :D Now my fingers are crossed they bring back Platinum's Pride in the future, too! >:] I do understand if people are upset that their rares got re-released, but honestly I've seen the same thing happen in other games plenty of times. Personally, I don't mind, as long as it brings more strategy to the game.
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
3/2/2014 8:49:28   
Ranloth
Banned

You're mistaking returning Rare Bots - check tweet I posted on previous page - with the Rare Proposal from February 2013. All other items fall outside of the proposal, so Platinum's Pride will not be coming back, and neither will any promos before 2013. Eggzooka coming back is a bug, and a very poor response from the Devs in terms of allowing tha players to keep it.

Ah well, precedents are nice.
AQ Epic  Post #: 29
3/2/2014 8:55:53   
martinsen5

Wait, so they're returning rare bots, but not armour, etc?
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
3/2/2014 8:58:13   
Ranloth
Banned

Bio Borg, Azrael Borg and Pyro Fly are coming back - that's already been confirmed. Eggzooka was never meant to be back, because it's a bug right now + it still has the Rare tag, not Limited or Seasonal. Botanical Armor was meant to be back, and it is. All promos after Azrael's will be back, unless stated otherwise - such as Legion/Exile Battlegear.
AQ Epic  Post #: 31
3/2/2014 9:00:02   
martinsen5

Oh alright.. It's weird how there are some exceptions though.
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
3/2/2014 9:26:48   
Scyze

I know that some people have sold their items to get the Eggzooka. Some didn't even know it was a bug.

What my friend thinks of this situation:
The Developers added-in the Eggzooka to see how the community would react. Then, if the response was positive, say the Energy Eggzooka wasn't added by mistake.

Now tell me, how did it even get added in? How? The only way I see it, is that Xraal was getting a new Auxiliary but ended up using the wrong code.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
3/2/2014 11:28:01   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

This is just a big slap in the face. I'm out.

Might as well just put in bunnyzookas too.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 34
3/2/2014 15:00:31   
Noobatron x3000

People are getting so mad about a dress up item that looks pretty with a few rarity points, like seriously perspective guys.

Its nothing your rarity points no one cares but you about them yes you spent money on them but they don't really mean anything. The zooka is cosmetic I have no interest in it most people wont , relax.
Post #: 35
3/2/2014 15:02:10   
Xendran

It's not like youre even going to be seeing this aux that often, everybody will stilll be using Azrael's Annihilator and Dread Desolator.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 36
3/2/2014 15:51:00   
Calogero

Doesn't really matter though. It's a matter of principles. They said it was never returning and here it is, in a shop for WAAAAY cheaper than we originaly bought it for. it's a sucker punch in the gutt for those who had to buy it full price and were promised to stay rare forever...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
3/2/2014 15:54:51   
Mother1

@ Noobatron x3000

The fact of the matter is that the staff made a promise that once items go rare they were not to return under any circumstances dress up item or not. while you may have no interest in rarity there are players who play for that purpose as well. It means something to those players and the staff knows this.

Also if it was nothing then why did the staff post this in past design notes?

quote:

Rare Clarification
In last week's Design Notes, I mentioned that the Arcade would give you a chance to win retired rares. There was a bit of an outcry from those who were concerned that their own rares would be devalued. I'm happy to say, that you need not worry -- your hard-earned rares will remain rares. We've decided on a happy compromise to introduce Arcade exclusives -- items that can only be won in the Arcade. Some of these items will be revamped or reimaged versions of retired items. This preserved the value of the older rares while giving new players a reason to play! However, items like seasonal rares, limited quantity items, or prize-code items are still up for grabs! Also, legacy items like Founder Armor or Alpha Gear will be excluded for obvious reasons. I hope that addresses your concerns about rares in the Arcade!

Apparently if the staff took the time to post this and come up with this solution which they seem to forgot then it shows you some people care about this sort of thing.

@ Xendran

actually I have seen more eggzooka's aux's when playing with my main. I remember you saying it yourself that there are players who care about how their character looks and from the looks of it those players using this aux are those players.
Epic  Post #: 38
3/2/2014 15:55:57   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

People are getting so mad about a dress up item that looks pretty with a few rarity points

quote:

Its nothing your rarity points no one cares but you about them yes you spent money on them but they don't really mean anything

Quite frankly, not all of us care about what the Zooka looks like. It's about the fact we paid for it, the Zooka remained rare, it has its Rare tag, and was brought back by mistake - even more so with its Rare tag, which clearly shows that it wasn't meant to be back, or else, where's the E version? The Bunnyzooka promo falls way outside of the Rare Proposal, and it's even further justified by having its Rare tag in place, not Seasonal or Limited.

Still, the issue is with Devs promoting bug abuse (NW tweeted about it + didn't go for a hotfix + said it won't be removed from players' inventory), and very poor decision making, in terms of what will be done about it (those who paid for it and now those who got it "for free"). No one here has an issue with some fancy art returning... <.<

< Message edited by Trans -- 3/2/2014 15:56:23 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 39
3/2/2014 16:01:25   
Mother1

@ Trans

Not everyone looks at twitter you know. I actually found out about it when I was looking through what items returned and boom there I saw it. Also give the fact that they brought back the 2 other rare items that were also suppose to be rare without any warning in the design notes I thought it was the same thing all over again.

Epic  Post #: 40
3/2/2014 16:06:59   
Ranloth
Banned

Twitter has nothing to do with the Zooka returning though. My point was NW tweeting about it and not fixing it asap, but rather saying people will keep it + leaving it out until Monday or whenever. It's a bug, and Devs don't mind - essentially promoting bug abuse and starting a precedent.
AQ Epic  Post #: 41
3/3/2014 3:21:22   
edwardvulture

They could make rarity points scale on single items and no duplicates but that would also cause buffy to be outraged.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
3/3/2014 4:20:29   
kosmo

Looks like it s their right to change their police how and when they want, I m fine with it. Only weps I dont think have any reason to come back, are phase promos, all the others can come back so I can buy them xD
Epic  Post #: 43
3/3/2014 5:51:58   
s0u1ja b0y

I don't think its a mistake anymore. They're testing for,something. Probably bringing back even older rares.
Epic  Post #: 44
3/3/2014 11:03:56   
Theclown

Hey guys im still really mad i buyed this zooka years ago the eggzooka was expensive and best zooka at that time i buyed it for 2200 varium and alot of credits now i see its back again it feel liek a rip off to me i understand many are happy to buy this but understand how the orginal buyers feel (how do the founders feel when founder armor comes back?) well i think the old eggzooka buyers needs a gift like getting 1st bunnyzooka or able to buy it for 1 weekend something has to happen really this is not fair its insane.

greats,

Turles
Epic  Post #: 45
3/3/2014 11:58:27   
Mother1

you are a little late in noticing this as it has been posted here.
Epic  Post #: 46
3/3/2014 15:30:32   
8x

Personally, I would be much happier to see an apology from the devs rather than being given a pointless gift/distraction.

Edit:
quote:

well i think the old eggzooka buyers needs a gift like getting 1st bunnyzooka or able to buy it for 1 weekend something

Did you consider that the "Original Bunnyzooka Owners" might feel the same way that you feel now if this were to happen?

< Message edited by 8x -- 3/3/2014 15:33:42 >
Epic  Post #: 47
3/3/2014 17:17:00   
Samurai_ED

@8x thats a good point. I think they should give a apology also, they didn't say anything to the old buyers saying sorry or anything.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 48
3/3/2014 18:07:35   
DunkThatOreo

Why are you guys surprised? They have been breaking promises since 2009.
Epic  Post #: 49
3/3/2014 19:30:26   
Theclown

Sorry but appolgy is not enough for me im really reallly mad if some 1 tell you its rare it never comes back than it comes back and all people buy it and than nightwrath says oop sorry a mistake it piss me really of im sorry but i dont have much rares and i was happy not many had it now its just ruined
Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Eggzooka is in Xraal's Shop
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition