Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

suspended from battles

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> suspended from battles
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/2/2014 19:52:36   
Noobatron x3000

In some cases yes its ok to suspend someone from a battle .

But one should not be suspended when you leave cause your just sick and tired of being trolled by the broken match maker example.

1v1

every single fight for 20 fights in a row is +5

2v2
you get constant consistant fights like the following example

32+32 vs 32+38 / 33+34 vs 37+36 (the second example is more infuriating because its easier to fix)

this happens far to often and you should not be punished for not allowing the worst troll in ED to watch you suffer. (the matchmaking mechanics- worst troll in ED
Post #: 1
3/2/2014 19:56:29   
Ranloth
Banned

Imbalanced matchmaking often results in a loss, but you can always try. If you lose, you still get some Exp and Credits, and if you run - you get nothing. Both, running and fighting till the end, will result in a loss, so why run? *apart from saved time*

We have some proof that the system works well, with suspending people. Don't run, but try. Or if you don't wanna try, don't fight at all and wait for the battle to be over.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
3/2/2014 20:02:50   
Noobatron x3000

I refuse to waste my time or just stand there doing nothing again wasting my time just to feed my opponent/s a almost certain free win.

Just because the devs cant or wont fix a very very basic essential obvious thing and chose to make the game anti-fun
Post #: 3
3/2/2014 20:06:21   
Ranloth
Banned

They "cant" or "wont" fix it, because of the search times. You can make it to look for players at your level only, but then good luck waiting a lot for a fight. Players care about search times, so they cannot make that change. They've done it for Legendary Mode, and those who are L38-39 hate it.

Also, you refuse to waste your time, and they refuse to let you go unpunished. Blame yourself for getting suspended because you choose to run - for whatever reason.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
3/2/2014 20:12:23   
Noobatron x3000

Your lucky I bother to return most don't give this game any attention a few don't give it much .

The reason wait times would go up is because not enough people will play due to how broken the game is .

You cant fix the matchmaking system without making wait times go up

You cant fix the game properly without fixing matchmaking

Something is going to have to give eventually

Or get used to one server struggling to halve full.
Post #: 5
3/2/2014 23:11:37   
Zeruphantom

quote:

Your lucky I bother to return most don't give this game any attention a few don't give it much .

Yes. I feel very lucky that you've bothered to return

quote:

The reason wait times would go up is because not enough people will play due to how broken the game is .

You cant fix the matchmaking system without making wait times go up

You cant fix the game properly without fixing matchmaking

Something is going to have to give eventually

Or get used to one server struggling to halve full.

No. The game is not "broken". This is a mediocre term that frustrated players use to express the imbalance they are somehow affected by. An abrupt matchmaking system, whom is the least of the staff's concerns right now, isn't the typical reason behind players deciding to quit a game. A player generally decides to quit a game due to an indirect mindset towards something else; not a petty matchmaking system, or a minor problem that merely several players have complained about; in a way that has beaten similar balance oriented threads much like this to death.

If you refuse to waste your time waiting around just because you're mad at the Developers and Staff for inheriting "anti-fun" qualities into things such as matchmaking systems and other "essential" balance propositions, then you sir need to quit whining and find another game to play. The staff have most certainly heard all of the blatant outcries for an "obvious fix" that you most likely don't have the skills to do yourself. And constantly complaining about things like this that almost everyone else has looked in the other direction upon isn't necessarily helping the staff do anything.

Matchmaking mechanics in Epic Duel isn't a troll. A lot of PvP games have issues with matchmaking. By saying that this is a troll, you're trolling yourself; in a sense.

Have a very nice day.

Thank you for 1K subs! <3

AQ Epic  Post #: 6
3/2/2014 23:56:06   
Noobatron x3000

^ Wow just wow .

I hope the devs disregard everything you said. I really truly do if they ever read this. This game has since omega declined to one of the smallest online games ive ever played or seen. Frankly im surprised its still here. And suspect the only reason it is , is because AE says it can stay for the moment. If a game revolves around a very simple premise in this case its pvp specifically 1v1 2v2 jug.

Matchmaking + balance are completely broken in 2v2 and juggernaut

and 95% broken in 1v1

If you cant get the fundamental core of the game correct don't bother with anything else.
Post #: 7
3/3/2014 0:16:22   
Mother1

@noobatron x3000

Here is an idea. How about we fix balance instead? If balance was fixed then it wouldn't matter what level you are on because more builds would be able to compete and their would be less of a chance of running into the build that counters yours.

As it stand now people also stopped playing because they run into the same overused builds, and they are punished for not being a mindless sheep.

Fixing matchmaking without fixing balance won't solve anything but make player more annoyed because

1 they will have to wait a lot longer
2 when they finally get a fight it still won't be fair or fun due to bad balance.

Epic  Post #: 8
3/5/2014 4:23:21   
SS

quote:

An abrupt matchmaking system, whom is the least of the staff's concerns right now

If not this, then what is the main "staff's concern right now"? The fact that the number of players declined so much that they have to open the seconds server only rarely, even though the maximum number of players on a server has been cut down? I still remember the times when I saw 2 servers open and busy most of the time, with the third up in the peak hours. Or maybe they should be concerned about the number of complaints from old players? Especially when they "fix" the same problem over and over again, and it only gets worse every time? I get that this is a venture for profit that doesn't really care about all the complaints from players, but only about money, but in order to get profit you have to invest, so if you don't want to invest in quality game code - you lose players, you lose profits. Simple as that. So what should be the staff's concern right now?
Post #: 9
3/5/2014 4:36:57   
kosmo

i think we are going a bit out of topic.

noobatron is right, if i want to run a 2v2 that i have already lost i should able to do it.

running shouldn t be a reason to be suspended, unless it has other reasons behind (daily and war), in this case u can still report the cheeter.
Epic  Post #: 10
3/5/2014 7:34:32   
Mother1

Kosmo

Yes you should get punished for running especially in 2 vs 2 because your running affects your partner. You don't know what will happen in the battle and for all you know might have won if you didn't run. When you run you turn the match from possibly winnable to unwinnable for your partner.
Epic  Post #: 11
3/5/2014 15:52:20   
SS

I concur. In the old times, when the builds still mattered and the opponents were of matching levels, I lost many 2 vs 2 matches because My partner did not "believe" we can we, so he ran. Some other matches I won even though they ran, that's how wrong they were. So why was I to pay for their stupidity?
To be more precise, I don't really care if the player that quit the battle is punished, I think that the player that stayed should be rewarded. After all, these days it means he stays to fight 2 players of far higher levels; this act of heroism should be rewarded :) But seriously, nobody would quit knowing this will increase the other players reward, because they would be too greedy, so the final result would be a better game. A sound solution that has never been and will probably never be considered by the ones that are responsible for this ever declining game.

< Message edited by SS -- 3/5/2014 16:00:44 >
Post #: 12
3/5/2014 16:02:11   
Drianx

So you'd suggest that whenever people leave a match, they should choose one of the following reasons ingame:

1. I'm sick and tired of being trolled by the broken match maker
2. Another reason

Everyone who chooses the 1st answer should not be suspended, while everyone who chooses 2nd answer should be suspended.

Are you serious?
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
3/6/2014 2:21:09   
Zeruphantom

quote:

If not this, then what is the main "staff's concern right now"?

Implementing balances, patches and updates that don't spark controversy, enragement or complete idiocy from the entire Epic Duel community.

See, this is a big problem. Everyone goes absolutely nuts when they don't get what they want. By having the staff fix a match making system, us players will either love it or hate it (think of products like Nickelback and Coca-Cola). And as the staff push to strive to fix things that we want to be fixed, we aren't doing anyone any favours across the border by continuing to whine and make obviously blatant and idiotic suggestions/remarks with no constructive ideas to support what they've just said.

That's the way things work. The staff (more or less) listen to us, and we go ahead and stuff it up.
AQ Epic  Post #: 14
3/6/2014 12:14:34   
dfo99

i lv 40 rank 2 with bm class and partners lv 34 have owned sometimes two lv 40 players, i will bring some prints to show here
Post #: 15
3/6/2014 12:19:33   
Mother1

@ dfo99

you shouldn't be getting level 34's as partners ever since you are level 40. The lowest it is suppose to go now for level 40's is 36 so if you are still getting level 34's as partners it might be a bug.
Epic  Post #: 16
3/7/2014 11:58:59   
Predator9657

This is annoying, but a way around it - if you are not short on time, but rather short on time that is available to be spent on ED - is whenever you find an unfair match; go AFK. Do something else you need to do, and come back in a few minutes when the match will be over, and pick up some free creds/exp.

Only problem is that this doesn't work if you want to maximize power hour.
Epic  Post #: 17
3/7/2014 16:44:37   
SS

@Zeruphantom
Excuse me for being straight, but what you're saying is at least just as
quote:

idiotic
as the
quote:

suggestions/remarks with no constructive ideas to support what they've just said
. Could you, just for the sake of the argument, read the question before you "answer" it?
Post #: 18
3/10/2014 15:51:19   
Melissa4Bella
AmeSylph

This thread has run its course.

For the future, please keep a few things in mind:

1.) Don't start a thread in the general discussion that is 50% complaint and 50% suggestion (that's a generous percentage). The first half is not allowed and the second half doesn't belong in this particular forum.

2.) If you see a thread that is problematic to begin with, please do not respond. Really. Don't get yourself involved in a thread that can drag you down with it.

3.) If you want to make a suggestion, there is a forum for that here.

Thread locked!
AQ DF  Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> suspended from battles
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition