Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Staff Information Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Staff Information Thread
Page 4 of 22«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/20/2014 14:46:36   
flashbang

It's cool Cronix everyone needs time to be epic. Ironic considering you're a chronomancer.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 76
7/20/2014 14:48:45   
salene

Don't worry Cronix, guardian looks amazing in my opinion
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 77
7/20/2014 14:55:29   
Dragonman

I, for one, welcome our new Breathing Animation overlords!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 78
7/20/2014 16:22:37   
Cronix

Thank you guys :) It's good to know that someone still believes in me! Let's make some cookies because a mysterious chronomancer has B-day tomorrow :P
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 79
7/20/2014 17:06:59   
WHITE DRAGON MAGE

Yeah Cronix I love all your releases and changes, you do amazing work. Oh and I can't wait to see you in game.

Post edited to keep the thread on-topic ~M4B

< Message edited by Melissa4Bella -- 7/21/2014 15:04:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 80
7/20/2014 18:38:10   
salene

@Cronix does an all powerful chronometer, able to bend time, reality, and moglins to his will really want a cookie? (Don't kill me Azan :))
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 81
7/20/2014 21:08:30   
oldmanjenkins

Cronix do you think you might be able to add some fancier animations to the Frostbound Revenant?
I know you're a busy person, but if you had some spare time I would enjoy the class even more if it had flashier animations.
Post #: 82
7/21/2014 1:38:34   
Evangel

quote:

1st of all thank for your comment. Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression.

About "breathing animation" it makes game looks more realistic and in my opinion it looks better than a static standing posture. I see you really hate it because it's not your 1st post about " why you introduced breathing animation, it looks really bad, etc. " [1]

"The "walking" animation should be more of a run" ehh It's not just a walking animation, I sped it up :) Now it's moving almost as fast as the running one. [2]

"...standard weapon-slash" be more creative please ;) [3]

And at last you are wrong about "Guardian Heroes" They're not moving. It's just a bunch of static headless guardians who's flying "very lamely" from point "a" to "b" so you have to "update your database" ;) [4]

Anyway I don't want to justify myself but it's been a 1st time when I've been doing something like that ( dual wielding class ). I still have to learn a lot :( [5]

[1] - I don't think efforts to make the game "look more realistic" will translate well in the end. The profile view of the player character and the medium of the game limits it to how well "realism" will translate, especially when it comes to the human body.

When you breathe, your entire upper body doesn't raise and lower like in the animation, just your chest and stomach. AQ does that, but it doesn't look very good in the end. I know it's trying to make it look like breathing, but it just doesn't turn out well. It looks awkward, unnatural. Especially when the armor/class the player has equipped is full-armor, expanding and contracting. Just looks bad.

There might be an alternative/compromise. But your animations and the AQ animations just don't turn out very well. Nothing personal. Good intentions, just not there yet on the execution.

[2] - Well, speed walking, then. Just looks odd. Maybe change it so it's more of a jog with arm-swaying.

[3] - Just a suggestion. Doesn't need to be a unique snowflake animation. Maybe a thrust + shield bash w/o the jumping, or thrust + slash like with DL's 2x attack.

[4] - Well, still. The original animation looks more spectral and ghostly. The updated animation looks just as static and plain. They're just walking. Needs to be more of an attack and not just walking through.

[5] - There's always room for improvement. That's what criticism is for.

Post edited to keep thread on-topic ~M4B

< Message edited by Melissa4Bella -- 7/21/2014 15:06:13 >

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 83
7/21/2014 1:45:07   
Mordred

I do think the Guardian Spirits should be changed so that they're at least skeletons rushing with blades out for attack like the current one. I'm fine with everything else for the most part. I personally like breathing animations. The front of the shield looks great and I like the fire breath on the Guardian Dragon.

< Message edited by Mordred -- 7/21/2014 1:52:04 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 84
7/21/2014 13:03:20   
afb728

I love the shield; it looks great. Also, that vampire move is looking pretty good.

Great job, Cronix.

That disembodied dragon... hahaha.
DF  Post #: 85
7/21/2014 15:10:17   
Melissa4Bella
AmeSylph

Just went through and deleted some posts because of bickering and being off-topic. If your post is now gone, that is the reason why.

Let's keep within bounds here, guys and gals!
Thanks! :)
AQ DF  Post #: 86
7/22/2014 2:15:29   
salene

@Above sorry Mel. We'll try to keep in consideration others feelings next time we post

I especially love the final skill and who you kept the classic, simple, AQ dragon. Question though; in the animation, it didn't breath fire or anything, is that a glitch with my computer, or was it a artistic decision?

looks great though (as always :P)
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 87
7/22/2014 3:03:18   
Zeldax

@salene
It should have an updated breath animation. I don't think we have ever seen that breath animation before though, which makes it special

Also, I have asked Cronix on Twitter if he could add a body to the Guardian Dragon instead of just the neck and head. He said he could try, but won't promise anything.

< Message edited by Zeldax -- 7/22/2014 3:04:33 >
Post #: 88
7/22/2014 14:12:48   
asgaron

quesition for the mods the dragon mage armour and normal armour are different but there skill is the sam and i think i remember when its 1st came out for a while dragonmage was different
Post #: 89
7/24/2014 5:16:26   
DarkLore

CronixAE
quote:

This man is on fire!!! Choose your own Xan ;) http://twitpic.com/e8rsmj

I guess we'll be seeing Xan again soon.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 90
7/24/2014 11:01:10   
Dragonman

XAN!!!

First Xan I think. I like the black on red better then red on black. Symbols look cool too. And making him blue should be like his final form or something (Or it'd be even cooler if he got white flames. Well, not cooler, hotter actually)
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 91
7/24/2014 15:46:17   
afb728

The blue makes me think we might be seeing the return of the Eggnogmonicon.
DF  Post #: 92
7/24/2014 16:49:59   
SkyLocks

I like the blue Xan because it makes you think he's about to go into a full rage (because blue fire is hotter than red/orange fire)
and it can go with his look before he became Xan (Hint Hint)
DF  Post #: 93
7/24/2014 16:54:44   
Lord Noonien Soong

Having a blue Xan would be like how Ghost Rider changed his flame color in the movie/comics, it would be an awesome final form
DF  Post #: 94
7/24/2014 17:27:55   
WHITE DRAGON MAGE

Well even though I love the first new image of Xan, the blue one would be more fitting because it would suggest that he is under the roses control.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 95
7/24/2014 20:28:12   
SonicTbear

I really like the Blue Exorcistblue flame Xan.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
7/24/2014 20:35:26   
Bagofbricks

The blue one looks sweet, tho it isn't really a true Xan look. the first one looks the best for an actual Xan look in my opinion
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 97
7/24/2014 23:59:32   
afb728

If you'll notice, the blue one has a snowflake on his cloak, instead of a flame. That's what prompted my Eggnogmonicon speculation.
DF  Post #: 98
7/25/2014 0:10:06   
Razen

Hmm, not a huge fan of the flame style for the head and for the flames under the boot. Perhaps you could incorporate some of the older style flames as well? Xan's forearms also seem to be impossibly thin, so you might want to do something about that. I'm not entirely sure WHAT, but I beg that you do something about the thinness of the forearms.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 99
7/25/2014 4:07:03   
Zeldax

A blue flame is hotter than a yellow/orange flame. Also, blue looks really good on Xan.
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Staff Information Thread
Page 4 of 22«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition