Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Hiring more active staff members to test epic duel / help players

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Hiring more active staff members to test epic duel / help players
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/10/2014 5:47:00   
Matt 1000

I find there is a lack of staff members i never see any on the boards to help players in battle and they are hardly ever online most of them have quit or barely come online any more.
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
3/11/2014 6:32:34   
T.600

I certainly agree with this suggestion, Matthew. There is no harm in hiring more volunteers to help ameliorate the general state of the game. I have personally made no secret of the fact that I would be happy to test for ED or even manage public relations for free. My sentiments apply equally to the addition of new moderators, although there is certainly a greater need for more testers in the wake of the recent eggzooka blunder...

< Message edited by T.600 -- 3/11/2014 6:33:18 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
3/11/2014 8:25:46   
Mother1

That would be great but there is the matter of

1 security issues
2 trust issues.

They aren't going to just hire anyone to do this even though it is true they are understaffed.
Epic  Post #: 3
3/11/2014 8:47:09   
Ranloth
Banned

People have lives outside of ED. They aren't gonna test for full 2 days (Thursday and Friday), keep playing for hours daily, and not bother with work/school/social life. Many Testers/Mods go 'inactive' because testing takes hours off their leisure time, and they have personal lives to take care of.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
3/11/2014 10:54:52   
Predator9657

^ Exactly. That's why they should ask for volunteers or try and get more mods/testers who wouldn't mind spending their leisure time on ED.
Epic  Post #: 5
3/11/2014 10:59:49   
Ranloth
Banned

But majority of people who are over 18 (requirement to be a Mod/Tester), are in full-time education, and/or working. On top of that, you have to find someone trustworthy, which makes it almost impossible to find someone who has so many free hours to spend on testing (Thursday/Friday) and then be in-game actively.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
3/11/2014 17:27:04   
nowras

Comicalbiker is an active person and trust able so why they don't make him a mod?
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
3/11/2014 17:30:02   
Mother1

@ Nowras

Comicialbiker would have to apply for the position just like all the other past and present mods did.
Epic  Post #: 8
3/11/2014 21:13:41   
T.600

Although your conjecture may seem valid Trans, I see no harm in testing it through asking for applications for testers. One of the questions of the application could be about how much free time the person has, and something like a Skype call may help verify how credible the candidate could be. Other factors, such as the quality of the application, cover letter and commitment to ED (made manifest by varium purchases, wins etc) may also help them assess credibility.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
3/11/2014 21:21:49   
Ranloth
Banned

That's a fair point actually.

How splitting the Staff (all but Devs) into 3 categories: Mods, Testers, and Help Staff - latter would be basically ED version of AQW's Ambassadors. No power apart from special colour tag (to show their position), and purely focused on helping players. Perhaps, from time to time, they could be asked to help in testing - i.e. during bigger releases, where a lot of feedback is crucial - based on their 'progress' so far, as the "Help Staff".

This way, you wouldn't have to focus as much on the 'trustworthy' part, due to having absolutely no insight into future releases, but just hoping they won't abuse their position. I believe it'd be much easier to find the suitable person for it, because the only requirements would be: 1) little to no warnings in-game, 2) partially behaviour on social sites, 3) age requirement.

< Message edited by Trans -- 3/11/2014 21:23:28 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
3/11/2014 22:00:38   
T.600

I just had a conversation on ED with a tester, who I will not name. For writing about this, I sense a ban coming for me, but I am merely stating the facts here. He believes that it's better to have 'a few good testers' than 'a lot of bad ones'. In response to this, I asked him, how does this supposedly 'good' group of testers miss the return of the Eggzooka in the previous update? In no way was this an attack, I was merely looking for an affirmation of the acclaimed quality of these testers. According to him, it wasn't something they were supposed to look at. In my opinion, one should check all inventory changes, simply to check stats, cores and that the right weapons have been added. It's better to be safe than sorry, as this would only take a couple of minutes anyway. I will reiterate, I have nothing against the testers, but I am merely trying to use facts in order to demonstrate a need for more testers. He claimed that they were busy testing the changes to the servers. This led me to ask, why were the two servers removed?

To me, it can only be a manifestation of a declining playerbase, or atleast a lack of growth in the ED playerbase. Therefore, I said to him that there MUST be a reason for this, but he claimed that 'ED is going fine'. A tester cannot even take responsibility for a mistake, and they are far too fixated on conformity to the alleged rigid guidelines of testing. I claimed that ED needs more testers or at the very least, the testers and devs should show some maturity and claim responsibility for any shortcomings of theirs. I emphasised that ED should have increased its playerbase since beta, and he simply restated his claim that 'ED is going fine' without any concrete evidence.

I was merely asking for a substantiated claim, and guess what I get in return? My 'friend', who I have known on ED for at least 3 years, closes the chat and deletes me! Once again, there is no malice in this post, but it is merely a portrayal of the facts I have witnessed here! I am disappointed, because I just want the game to improve :(!

< Message edited by T.600 -- 3/11/2014 22:35:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
3/11/2014 22:15:12   
Teufel Hunden

What you are about to read in no way defaces the name of Epicduel nor does it call anybody specific out or diminish the work that has been done but it must be heard and understood... :

Testers and mods you may take this however you please but just no this is not a dig but rather factual evidence backing this claim up. Every single person who became mod or tester has changed

from who they used to be back in the old days. They dont talk much anymore and if you need their assistance they get hesitant now. Also, when you get to know a lot of people you get to know

them for long periods of time (beta in this instance) you seem them change and transform but once they become mod they believe they are better than the rest and become ignorant and their

mentality takes a full 180. Aside from a select few individuals who remain on my buddies to this day all the way from beta-gamma days till now, many of these people who were promoted to do

more for the community have thrown their friends under the bus to get a quick buck... it saddens me to see this and i wish it would change but they get too full of themselves or something and get

all big-headed and are too good for us normal-colored name folks. I want my old friends back and i wanna see them succeed but not with the price of becoming someone else. I befriend individuals

who are nice, nice to talk to, and when i dont wanna do anything and log on they are willing to chat about anything and everything and get caught up in life and stuff. They dont do that anymore and

some deleted me and gave no explanation while others gave flimsy ones. It is whatever but if they are going to be like this then so be it. Testers are there to help the community and updates not

hinder it. They are there to help and assist not to hurt and mislead. I do not understand what is going on because back in the day the mods and testers did a magnificent job. I understand those

people moved on but the new people are trigger happy with their mod tools (some, not all) and give no reasoning or explanation to some people as to why they were banned... and what you guys

have to realize is there are individuals who go out of their way in normal game to help people and want to do more but you dont give the chance by already having a biased outlook on some things.

I think you should get to know the individuals and what they have or havent done and what they plan on doing instead of looking that maybe they got a chat mute once or twice. Im sorry to spill

this all out but it had to be done...

A once hopeful and optimistic player,

~Da Bomb Expert

< Message edited by DaBombExpert -- 3/11/2014 22:29:22 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
3/12/2014 1:55:40   
edwardvulture

All players with over 10,000 wins should be able to participate in the testing server and give feedback.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
3/12/2014 3:16:52   
Teufel Hunden

That i do not agree with @edwardvulture due to the fact most of them wouldnt do anything
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
3/12/2014 6:06:49   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above also adding to that, most of them would just be biased and maybe brag about their position because really most of them are just kids that has too much spare time, 17 year olds and up has tons of school work and life to deal with.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
3/12/2014 11:53:46   
DeathGuard

@T.600: There's a flaw in your argument, while Tester didn't found Egg Zooka was out, it is their mistake that it was put in-game? They did it on purpose? Not at all. The main problem here is player base. If there 's an abusable bug, testers don't have the power to decide on players if they want to exploit it. If players that abuse bugs were honest and not cheaters, there wouldn't be a problem with such exploits. About other battle bugs or item bugs, the same can be taken into account.
e.g. There was a certain player whose name I won't mention that found that Energy Parasite deal +150%/300% when using it, and report it minutes after it. He showed me the way it functioned and assure the bug itself was abusable. The devs made a hotfix of such bug and it was taken out.
There is a great different between that player and other players that exploit bugs since they just care for themselves and not the whole community.

Testers are humans, we commit mistakes, we forget things, we get distracted and don't encounter certain things. We commit mistakes in battle. Also because there is a bug that wasn't encounter, it doesn't means they aren't good, could you afford to work, study, and test at the same time? It ain't an easy thing, plus the time required to test is a lot. You can't judge them when you haven't done their work.

@Trizz: Says the humble artist lol
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
3/12/2014 14:27:23   
Melissa4Bella
AmeSylph

This thread has just slid all the way to the bottom at this point. To the point of bickering with each other which isn't helping ED at all.

If your post was deleted, consider this your notice. Otherwise, thread locked!
AQ DF  Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Hiring more active staff members to test epic duel / help players
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition