Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Technician Buff

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Technician Buff
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/11/2014 5:15:46   
My Name is Jake
Banned

I believe Technician needs a little buff to help the Tech Mage class do a little better against physical attacks.

I suggest Technician giving a defense boost equal to the amount of technology you get from Technician x10. A Technician that gives you 35 technology would now give you 350 defense for 2 rounds.

Defense Matrix will be replaced with Energy Shield.

Note: This thread is completely serious and I hope it doesn't get locked or deleted.
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
3/11/2014 5:42:19   
DarkDevil

talking serious this skill actually needs a nerf.

with ~90 dex it could give you nearly 30 tech for 4 turns for 100 energy at lvl 1.

another nerf it needs is that it has 2 turns cd to be on par with reflex.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 3/11/2014 5:43:27 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
3/11/2014 8:24:21   
Mother1

@Darkdevil

Don't forget reflex boost scales faster than technician since it takes 3 support to make it scale where as technician needs 4 dex to make it scale. Nerfing technician in the second way wouldn't put it on par because of the way it scales.
Epic  Post #: 3
3/11/2014 9:56:53   
DarkDevil

^ i think that point has been discussed before , same as why malfunction scales faster than smoke screen , its because they are on two completely different stats.

anyway that point is only about stats being unequal in their effect so one is stronger in skills to make up but it is not a point of argument about technician.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 3/11/2014 10:00:23 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
3/11/2014 20:21:51   
edwardvulture

Please do not feed the troll with your attention. This is probably another joke.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
3/12/2014 2:22:53   
My Name is Jake
Banned

@edwardvulture This balance suggestion is completely serious and not a joke.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
3/12/2014 2:27:29   
edwardvulture

what is your rationale behind this?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
3/12/2014 2:52:50   
My Name is Jake
Banned

I find Tech Mages have a tougher time than they should be having against physical attacks and I think this small buff would be good to help them out a little.

< Message edited by My Name is Jake -- 3/12/2014 2:53:50 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
3/12/2014 10:29:46   
Predator9657

The devs are trying to make the classes more unique (so that eventually they all have distinct skill tree's), and replacing Matrix with Energy Shield is like taking a step backwards. TM's shields are fine as they are. They are also currently the best class so I don't see why you're complaining.

< Message edited by Predator9657 -- 3/12/2014 10:31:20 >

*MUNCH* exceeds 50 KB file size allowed. See the
Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283
Epic  Post #: 9
3/13/2014 4:49:55   
Elloisoul

I dont know what build you are using BUT technician would apply to mages and the way i see it it would make Dex mages hard to deal with as not ONLY does it give tech boost(Resistance) but Physical Defence? then replacing defence matrix with energy shield then it would be an endless battle as dex mages could be enable to have like 500-700 ish resistance and defence if that happens making it impossible to kill as they can just keep healing and we only deal like 30 dmg per turn
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Technician Buff
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition