Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Make Arcade not random.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Make Arcade not random.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/22/2014 17:39:53   
edwardvulture

instead of us rolling to get the drop we want, there should be a shop set up so that rarer drops cost more tokens. I'm pretty sure many of us are mad at getting the same bronze drop that sales for 20 credits after farming for just that one token
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
3/22/2014 17:43:55   
Ranloth
Banned

That's the point of Arcade though, to be random. It's ED's version of Wheel of Doom/Destiny, in AQW. It's also random there. The items aren't meant to be for farming purposes, but cheap alternatives. There's the debatable point in regards to having to upgrade them, but then I've brought up this: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=21535135
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
3/23/2014 19:39:52   
edwardvulture

But in real arcades, you get a certain amount of tickets and you trade them for a price. The arcade we have right now works more like a slots machine, you are mostly going to get a crappy prize. If we made it more work-ethic based, would it have more appeal to more players?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
3/23/2014 19:41:53   
Cyber Dream

Making an arcade not random? Then it wouldn't be an aracde....

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 3/24/2014 6:25:25 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
3/23/2014 19:48:34   
Ranloth
Banned

The Arcade in-game is meant to be like a Slot Machine - not the Ticket Arcade. Although, compared to Slot Machine, you get something every time - instead of making a loss and getting little to nothing.
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
3/23/2014 19:59:57   
edwardvulture

But would more players like it if it was ethic-based?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
3/23/2014 20:12:51   
Ranloth
Banned

No, because it's meant to be Slot Machine like, just like Wheel of Doom/Destiny is.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
3/23/2014 20:17:07   
edwardvulture

"meant to be" isn't a good reason
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
3/23/2014 20:19:59   
One Winged Angel1357

It is also meant to be better than the original arcade which it is.

Frankly I find it more meaningful as a slot machine than a ticket cash in because it gives you a reason to come back to the arcade.

If it was a ticket machine everyone would pick up the rare gold tier weapon they wanted and never bother coming back
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
3/23/2014 20:22:30   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Except, it's been designed that way. <.< So yes, it's "meant to be".
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
3/23/2014 20:24:59   
Cyber Dream

quote:

@ Edward "meant to be" wasn't his reason. He was comparing it to the wheel of doom/destiny which is actually an in game slot machine. Saying that, Ed arcade can be compared to aqw wheel of doom/destiny which also makes it a slot machine. The whole purpose of the arcade is based around the slot machine. Correct Trans?

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 3/24/2014 6:25:32 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
3/23/2014 20:25:01   
edwardvulture

getting the bronze prize every time and selling it for 20 credits is just an annoying experience though. The old arcade, all it took was one battle could win you the robot, the house, now a whole mission chain will guarantee you the equivalent of 20 credits.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
3/23/2014 20:31:39   
Mother1

@ edwardvulture

with this you win every time unlike the old arcade when even if you won the battle you still could have received nothing.

Also there is more meaning to the arcade then just that. Every time you play depending on the price you win you get that amount of points which in turn counts towards tiered achievements as well.
Epic  Post #: 13
3/23/2014 20:39:46   
GearzHeadz

Meant to be is actually a great reason. And the missions chain is hardly anything...

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 3/24/2014 6:25:38 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
3/23/2014 20:40:23   
edwardvulture

The other thing is that these "prizes" are not readily be able to be used. You need to fully upgrade them if you don't want to kill your battle experience. The old system was credits which is always somewhat useful.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
3/23/2014 20:42:43   
GearzHeadz

Yeah I can agree on that one. The items you get should come with stats equal to your level.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
3/23/2014 20:45:36   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

The whole purpose of the arcade is based around the slot machine. Correct Trans?

I believe so. It's meant to have a guaranteed reward every time but also be gambling (slot machine). By having a reward every time you spin, it's allowed AE to implement it into their games without much issue - since gambling has age restrictions around the world, often being 18+
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
3/23/2014 20:53:29   
edwardvulture

last time I checked, slot machines don't guarantee you a prize.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
3/23/2014 21:17:07   
Ranloth
Banned

Gambling concept (slot machine) with a guaranteed reward. Pretty simple concept to understand. It's in ED after all.
AQ Epic  Post #: 19
3/24/2014 1:39:57   
edwardvulture

Of course I get the concept, I just don't like getting the same bronze prize to sell for 20 credits after the 30+ min. it took me to get the token. Just saying, an alternative where accumulated tokens (make them stack) could get you a certain prize would be more enjoyable to me under this circumstance.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Make Arcade not random.
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition