Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Social Contract of Buying/Selling

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Social Contract of Buying/Selling
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/26/2014 15:34:03   
The berserker killer

WARNING INTRO: Before I begin I want to remind you all that this is General Discussion. Meaning that it is a Discussion between the General Population of this Community. And, as members of a community who support this game with both countless hours and real life money, it is imperative that we respect eachothers Comments in this discussion. Please be respectful. Please be kind. And Please keep all negative comments to yourself.

I don't have much to say really, my main concern is about the Social Contract of Buying/Selling. The immaterial contract established between Buyer and Seller upon the transaction. This is a topic where I can't really "Beat around the bush" to elongate this thread so I will get to the point. All I'm saying is that when something is sold, or when anyone sells something they are engaging in a social contract that says "I am selling you this item as it is if you are willing to pay the sufficient funds for it".

With that being said I am not satisfied with weapons, pets, or promos getting nerfed after we buy them.

What do you guys think? Please do not insult staff or the game. This is only for General Discussion so PLEASE be respectful to other peoples feedback in order to keep this thread open. Thank You. Please just come together this one time as a community to have a friendly discussion. Fighting gets us nowhere. The Forums and For Us!

--Ghost God--
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
3/26/2014 15:48:37   
edwardvulture

It's like buying food labeled "fresh" They will still rot eventually.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
3/26/2014 15:50:06   
Trollok!!!

This has been said hundreds of times, but the Terms and Conditions entitle the EpicDuel team to make changes to items regardless of whether they were obtained with in-game currency or via actual money. You can be dissatisfied as much as you'd like but it's not going to change the fact that legally, they are entitled to the change especially if said items were having a negative effect on game-play.

^And well-said.

< Message edited by Trollok!!! -- 3/26/2014 15:51:12 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
3/26/2014 16:00:09   
The berserker killer

Is it really in the Terms and Conditions? Can you show me where? If I see it then my argument is invalid
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 4
3/26/2014 16:03:16   
The berserker killer

Just show me where it's at and I won't ever complain again.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
3/26/2014 16:14:53   
The berserker killer

My argument is indeed invalid. I have found the specific term and agreement that allows them to modify Game Data.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 3/26/2014 16:22:48 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 6
3/26/2014 16:25:30   
zion

Off topic: You're committing forum felonies left and right... and this thread will prob. get deleted as well.

Items always get buffed/nerfed no matter how many varium/dollars/bitcoins/credits it takes to purchase them - they are allowed to balance their game for fair play... Stated many times by the admins/devs/mods that it is in the terms and conditions.

edit: glad you found it... buyer beware!

< Message edited by zion -- 3/26/2014 16:26:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
3/26/2014 16:30:06   
Ranloth
Banned

That's why buying overpowered promos is a bad idea, at least 99% of the time. I don't buy promos for that reason, even if I have the money - it can backfire. Or if you "foresee" a nerf coming - such as x core being seriously overpowered - then just wait for the nerf and make your mind up.

It ain't the first and won't be the last time. Rule of thumb is, if something is blatantly OP and you decide to buy it anyway, you will get disappointed. Ain't exactly fair, but balance is balance. Making exclusions because it's a paid item, is the exact opposite of wanting balance. :/
Sucks if you happen to be the person buying something (especially if you're not aware the item may be OP) and seeing it nerfed, but it was done before and will be done in the future - unless PTR server is made and all balance changes (including new cores) are tested there, feedback given, and then released on player servers.
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
3/26/2014 17:00:30   
Lord Barrius

I noticed this is the second thread on the same subject, so as a developer (albeit on a different game), I figured I'd explain why this is.

As others have pointed out, all AE games have clauses specifically stating that anything in the game (even items purchased for cash) are subject to changes and alterations.

These clauses are not exclusive to AE games, either. In fact, next time you play any game with online features, take a good long look at their Terms of Service: chances are very high they have a similar clause in their game too. Everyone who makes games these days tends to use clauses of this nature. These clauses exists for a variety of reasons, but there are two big ones that we always have to watch for:

1) Legal issues (for example, the art of an item being too similar to someone else's)
2) Balance issues (for example, when an item is much too strong and grants an unfair advantage, especially in a PvP-centric game)

It's something that we always strive to avoid whenever possible, but sometimes it isn't. After all, we're all human, we make mistakes. It happens. And when it does happen, we have to make certain that changes can be made to keep the game competitive and to keep us from getting into big trouble.

With that said, as the topic has been answered to the OPs satisfaction, I'm going to lock this discussion.

< Message edited by Lord Barrius -- 3/26/2014 17:01:23 >
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Social Contract of Buying/Selling
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition