Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Dreadknight, Blood Warlock and other SSy suggestions!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> RE: Dreadknight, Blood Warlock and other SSy suggestions!
Page 4 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/13/2014 16:40:10   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Hmm, but its technically a field effect spell, a universal effect of sorts...like Regigigas slow start ability! Or even better, PeaceZard. Just having it on the field reduces damage inflicted by both sides!

P.S: What double post rule? IS it applicable to me since Im just updating, like creating a log of sorts?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 76
4/13/2014 16:50:34   
strike guardian

Interesting. Would it be more reasonable to make the save on per-hit basis like PeaceZard, then?
Seems more flavorful, and it didn't seem to make sense to me why you would have to make a save.

quote:

All spam rules are in effect, with one exception: AQ Suggestions does allow double posting by the Original Poster only.

This is an essential part of updating a suggestion thread. The creators may need to update changes or new content. Double posting may occur only after the time period of 24 hours has passed since the creator posted last.

I've been following it where relevant.
It usually isn't, but there are times.
AQ  Post #: 77
4/13/2014 16:58:04   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

quote:

Seems more flavorful, and it didn't seem to make sense to me why you would have to make a save.

Well, basically the idea is that you're trying to invoke the gravity field, because of the pressure of Gballs falling on your opponent. Hmm, makes more sense if there is no save involved.. but that wont be balanced now will it?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 78
4/13/2014 17:05:37   
strike guardian

By that argument PeaceZard would also be unbalanced.
Make the save be on a per-hit basis or per-attack basis, and it should be fine?
AQ  Post #: 79
4/13/2014 17:10:19   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

But that's not the point of the spells effect. Its supposed to outright reduce all damage, unless the player fails to win the save... GroovyPZs mechanics dont really match what Im trying to create for this spell, considering there is no way to reduce speed in the game, unless failing a roll, could grant the opposing side Celerity which would fit perfectly!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 80
4/13/2014 17:15:51   
RMC

i like the new updated MC on the shield , having a damageboost on all your items is overkill anyway
AQ  Post #: 81
4/13/2014 17:18:11   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Indeed, I wanted to make the whole thing have extreme synergy, but then the items would be near horrible on their own. Either way, this still does help with the overall damage boost on the sword/Armor skills so yeah, synergistic yet capable of holding on its own
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 82
4/13/2014 17:20:47   
Lord GrimDusk

In AQ, how likely is it that the staff will put this suggestion into AQ?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 83
4/13/2014 17:22:03   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Highly Unlikely!

That's why I have a nagging feeling of trying in the AQW forums...
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 84
4/13/2014 17:25:56   
strike guardian

Ah. You've changed the effect.
It seems fine, if somewhat awkward to implement.
AQ  Post #: 85
4/13/2014 17:27:52   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Which effect are you talking about? Shield or the Spell?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 86
4/13/2014 17:29:44   
strike guardian

The spell.
AQ  Post #: 87
4/13/2014 17:31:30   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

oH, ok... we'll now its able to fit the theme of reduced movement due to increase in Gravitational force.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 88
4/13/2014 21:12:39   
  Rorshach

The Question
(AdventureQuest)

quote:

All spam rules are in effect, with one exception: AQ Suggestions does allow double posting by the Original Poster only.

This is an essential part of updating a suggestion thread. The creators may need to update changes or new content. Double posting may occur only after the time period of 24 hours has passed since the creator posted last.

If you do not wish to double post, it would be helpful for you to edit your post instead. And probably make a note of it that you have edited it.

quote:

In AQ, how likely is it that the staff will put this suggestion into AQ?
Lord Grimdusk, no one can say when. It is entirely up to the staff to decide if they wish to use any suggestions by players. Even so, they are not entitled to announce it to everyone here.

And gentlemen, please keep your posts/comments to be more constructive instead of just short commentary like, "Hey, nice art!"; "I like the idea, hope it gets added someday"; etc.

Do try to help the creator of the thread by posting more information about your thoughts that can contribute or help them in their suggestions - how can it be improved, what is good about it, WHY do you like it (or not), etc.

This is to prevent the thread from becoming full of spam or unnecessary reading; given that it is already 4-pages long.

Or like I said, you can use the EDIT. Some formatting here and there would also help keep things tidy as well. Thanks. (This isn't against forum rules or anything, but it has dragged on rather long already).

ss2195, you may use your post here: [Your Post #7] to let others know of your updates. This is to keep things tidy. I do understand that the latest post would be more helpful, but you can use that post as a log-updater too if you wish to keep track of all changes/additions. Here's an example (nothing from your suggestions at all).

10/4/2014: Added new misc and weapon > misc 1 & weapon 5
12/4/2014: Updated misc and added new shield > misc 4 & shield 6
14/4/2014: Updated pet and added new pet > pet 3 & pet 7

< Message edited by GASKAL -- 4/13/2014 21:13:21 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 89
4/14/2014 15:39:54   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Hmm, thanks for the log idea... I'll do it when I've got the spare time!

quote:

And gentlemen, please keep your posts/comments to be more constructive instead of just short commentary like, "Hey, nice art!"; "I like the idea, hope it gets added someday"; etc.

Do try to help the creator of the thread by posting more information about your thoughts that can contribute or help them in their suggestions - how can it be improved, what is good about it, WHY do you like it (or not), etc.

This is to prevent the thread from becoming full of spam or unnecessary reading; given that it is already 4-pages long.

Though, isnt that almost all they can do, if not give a constructive suggestion? I mean, not many actually have knowledge about how the numbers are done, whats not OPd etc (I dont know balancing myself).. besides its a nice confidence boost, that people actually like my ideas..
I can use them to make the staff get the items in game MUAHAHAHAHHA!! *cough* *cough*

Also just a heads up, the items that dont have their art concepts uploaded will remain so, until I finish my tests, so bear with me!
Also, I've added the thing I want most to get in game, the Armor concept for Death Dealer...

Need to make a challenge battle in the void if possible, to get it! So monster idea too!

< Message edited by ss2195 -- 4/14/2014 15:40:37 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 90
4/14/2014 23:16:49   
GogetaPWNS

i'm to lazy to read through ever post so i don't know if anyones told you yet, but those weapons and armors look sick dude, im suprised your not an artist for any of The AE games, keep up the good work, and i hope one of your ideas may be used oneday.
Post #: 91
4/15/2014 7:40:06   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

*blushes* ^_^

Thanks for your words of encouragement! Yeah, I sincerely hope that atleast one of these makes it in game...though honestly, the more the merrier!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 92
4/19/2014 10:07:19   
ray zard

So have you considered about the colours of the armor set
AQ AQW  Post #: 93
4/19/2014 10:38:12   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Well, its trim is dark, almost blood red while the regular plate is a shade of Maroon. The chainmail that is worn under, is black in colour.

I'll be adding atleast a 1-2 more items today, along with the art for some of the items!

So does Dreadknight look ok?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 94
4/19/2014 11:08:08   
Zeldax

Well, in the image of the full set of the DreadKnight, the DreadKnight Armor has a slighty different in art, like the shoulder plates look smaller, the Symbol isn't there on the shoulder plate and the arm looks smaller. Other than that, it looks great!
Post #: 95
4/19/2014 13:18:08   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Yeah, I couldn't scale it exactly so I guess, so I had to tone down the plate. However, the symbol is'nt there for a reason!
<Insert tattoo that suppresses your corruption-ish logic>

UPDATE: Added Necrosis and Sanctus Hymnos spells to the spell section!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 96
4/20/2014 14:07:30   
Consternation

All of this needs to be implemented ASAP! I would love this new quest-line; everything about this is just great, especially the art.
AQ  Post #: 97
4/20/2014 17:57:25   
strike guardian

Necrosis feels way underpowered (assuming the damage follows standard).
It effectively has a double trigger condition, yet it loses a lot of damage compared to other trigger spells.
Also, the name probably isn't really appropriate. What's the point of causing necrosis on already-dead bodies?
AQ  Post #: 98
4/21/2014 5:42:28   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

How does it lose damage? Against normal monsters, it deals regular damage. Against UNdead, if You're a necromancer, you get a trigger which deals 1.1 damage along with an effective eleseek (Locked to darkness...) ex, darkness is 30%, max mod is 150% so the spell deals 150/30=5x damage *1.1. How is that in any way weak?

Also, while Necrosis doesnt exactly do justice to the name, but I cant think of anything better than that, considering a Necromancer destroying an undead isnt a very common theme ...unless, white necromancy!

@Consternation: Thanks mate! Really appreciated!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 99
4/21/2014 6:40:45   
strike guardian

What I mean is that the paladin-class downtrigger isn't made-up for by the necro-class uptrigger.
For example, Undead Archer has a paladin-class downtrigger of a .9 damage multiplier and a necro-class uptrigger of 1.05 damage multiplier.
In your case, however, you need to get through two triggers - the necro-class trigger AND the zombie/undead, etc. trigger to even access the uptrigger.
As such, I feel like the spell could stand to have a stronger uptrigger.

Putrefy could be a decent term.

< Message edited by strike guardian -- 4/21/2014 6:43:48 >
AQ  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> RE: Dreadknight, Blood Warlock and other SSy suggestions!
Page 4 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition