Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

A Weaver's World: A Collection of Random Writing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> A Weaver's World: A Collection of Random Writing
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/3/2014 23:12:25   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Here I'll just be posting random scenes, poems, songs, any kind of writing that pops into my head that I either can't fit into my story or stories, isn't canon to the AE universe, or just isn't worth writing anywhere else. Critique them if you like, but keep in mind none of these will be 'the best of my work' so to speak.

Comments and Criticism: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21567478

< Message edited by Chaosweaver Amon -- 1/25/2016 15:54:52 >
DF  Post #: 1
5/4/2014 0:05:15   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Note: A lot of, if not all of the names used in this are names used in other works of mine. They are, however, in no way canon, so no need for any fear of spoilers of any sort.

Grimlon readied his sword in front of him, both hands tightly holding the hilt. A greatsword it was, dark grey metal with worn brown leather wrapped around the hilt. Fairly light, it was possible to use with one hand, but easier with two. It's dulled edge glinted in the setting sun, rising up and down in tune with Grimlon's heavy breathing. He wore chain mail, a chestplate, thick rounded pauldrons, heavy gauntlets and armored boots. All enameled in black, with a gleaming silver trim. He circled his opponent, examining every footstep like he had half a hundred times before today. His opponent was shorter, and slimmer, making him a smaller target, but Grimlon was faster, and considerably stronger. His enemy had seemingly better defense as well, a helm and a shield, whereas Grimlon only had his sword and armor. He was confident he would win this bout, due to the fact that he had a better reach against the fighter's short sword, and was, as far as he knew, more skilled.

Suddenly, his opponent went in for the attack, aiming a side ways cut to Grimlon's ribs, to stun him, but only met the greatsword with a loud clang. Pushing the shorter blade away, Grimlon spun around with lightning speed, and showered his opponent with blows, all of which were blocked by his shield, smashing it to splinters. He went fully offensive, not letting the clearly weaker opponent sneak a single strike in. Shoving Grimlon away, he stood stunned for a moment, giving Grimlon the opportunity to leap forward, slamming him to the ground. He flipped up the opponent's visor, and shoved his dagger in his face.

"I yield!" he gasped, rolling away from Grimlon, struggling for air.

< Message edited by Chaosweaver Amon -- 1/25/2016 16:06:40 >
DF  Post #: 2
1/25/2016 16:05:59   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

The Weaver's Ire

As if walking through fire and rain,
All he knows is anger and pain.
And though he feels with such disdain,
He knows the rage will return again.

The fire inside burns so hot and bright,
When all he knows is to die or fight.
The anger within holds unending might,
And when unleashed fills his foes with fright.

But what scares his enemies burns him as well,
And he knows he'll never escape his living hell.
Upon dark thoughts he often dwells,
Praying one day to hear his own funeral bells.

DF  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> A Weaver's World: A Collection of Random Writing
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition