Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Design Notes May 09, 2014: Robin Rev & Muay Thai Fighters!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Design Notes May 09, 2014: Robin Rev & Muay Thai Fighters!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/19/2014 22:45:45   
Gorillo Titan

OS is starting to average 24 people a day :(

60 on release days though.

I think getting back to back release meaning every friday if possible would keep the number up not at an amazing amount but enough to at least have more people who could possibly tell other people to play the game.

I know not spending money on a game thats not moving a long seems like a good idea but telling people also not to spend money is kind of not helping either.

Maybe making youtube video could get more players?

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 5/20/2014 9:41:22 >
Post #: 26
5/19/2014 22:57:42   
DidYouKnowThat

"I know spending money on a game thats not moving a long seems like a good idea"
You mean NOT like a good idea, right? :P

Eh, I know. Ok ok, instead of telling them NOT to, I'll kindly urge them to review their decision. lol.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

24 average? . . That's worse than Herosmash, ain't it?

And didn't you say some dude streamed Oversoul already? I don't think the problem is more advertising, the problem is that it's too boring.
It needs what was originally planned, the towns, character switching, elemental weaknesses, quests, grand quests, pets, artifacts, etc.
Without it, Oversoul has zero chance of moving on.
Post #: 27
5/19/2014 23:05:50   
Gorillo Titan

Most of that probable wont happen without more people.

HS has a lot of players dude >.> its like 4th in the number of players at least 200
Post #: 28
5/20/2014 8:47:32   
Skurge
The Dealer

If you would like to discuss the future/development of OverSoul, you may do that in the Beta Release Thread properly and constructively. Design Notes were meant to serve as a discussion ground for the release in particular, not a place to ponder/criticize the game unconstructively.

~Skurge,
OSGD ArchKnight

< Message edited by Skurge -- 5/20/2014 16:12:56 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
5/20/2014 16:00:35   
Lord GrimDusk

Will Nulgath ever be released himself, or will we just have to settle for his shadow?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
5/20/2014 16:06:37   
The Jop

Maybe in a quest far in the future, since the aim of the game is to collect artifacts to defeat Nulgath since he was the one who initially killed you. But the Shadow already has all the animations of Nulgath, it just has a different name and cards probably.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
5/20/2014 16:57:44   
Gorillo Titan

The 5 hit is kind of differnet also.

think we'll get another character rank up release any time soon?

with skurge back pvp tournament should be announced any day now right?
Post #: 32
5/20/2014 19:27:17   
KingRogue

I for one, certainly hope so.
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
5/22/2014 16:39:14   
Gorillo Titan

Anyone think we will get a release tomorrow since Easter seasonal are suppose to leave tomorrow?
Post #: 34
5/22/2014 17:31:17   
Stalagbite

what is a release haha
Post #: 35
5/22/2014 21:46:02   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

@above: When something is "released." Doh. xD

@way above:

I think Nulgath's Shadow isn't really Nulgath, for several reasons:
1) It's his Shadow, so it's probably like a weaker version of him.
2) I'm pretty sure Nulgath's element is Fire, because whenever he shows his inventory the element shown is Fire.
3) Not sure if he's multi-elemental, like in the demo video of Nulgath vs Good Guys
4) I think real Nulgath has some kind of instant kill move.
5) Real Nulgath has Overfiend blade floating next to him. At least that's what I saw in a screenshot of him in the lobby.

But it's his Shadow so . . . .
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
5/22/2014 22:31:54   
Kamen no Otoko

I think the original Nulgath has it's evolutions, from Miltonius to Nulgath eh?
AQW  Post #: 37
5/23/2014 16:28:29   
Stalagbite

I was bein sarcastic e.e
Post #: 38
5/23/2014 17:13:08   
Mirai Hoshino

There's a lot of things I'd like to see finished in the game, but for now I'd settle for some more female characters. The last one was just an apprentice.
AQW  Post #: 39
5/23/2014 17:33:51   
The Jop

No offense, but I think the last thing we need is more characters. Things like element resistances, stats, the chaos element, quests, team battles, and so on, are the only things that are really going to attract players and get Oversoul going again.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
5/23/2014 17:40:06   
Lord Noonien Soong

Is OverSoul losing it's popularity that fast?! I'm really hoping it doesn't become another WarpForce or somethin
DF  Post #: 41
5/23/2014 20:25:07   
DidYouKnowThat

"Is OverSoul losing it's popularity that fast?!"
LOL! It already lost almost all of its popularity. Just the last ones are leaving. You can't blame them really, OS ain't progressing.

@Jop: Agreed. Instead of taking time to release small characters that don't seem to please, I'd say wait it out 1-2 or 3 maximum, months, and release something big
like Resistance, Stats, Pets, and/or Grand Storyline. 1-3 Months, NOT 1-3 years. -.-

And yeah, I totally forgot OS was supposed to have stats. . . .good catch there.
Post #: 42
5/23/2014 23:39:44   
Andlu

It didn't lose me. I just don't have time anymore
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 43
5/23/2014 23:50:57   
The Jop

@DYKT
Yeah, stats were going to make levels have a significant difference, not the two health difference we have now. I'm just going to expect nothing so if nothing happens I can be happy that I was right, and if the game progresses then I can be pleasantly surprised because that's what I really wanted anyway. I'll try being pessimistic to save myself from disappointment.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 5/23/2014 23:52:51 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
5/24/2014 3:42:18   
Lemonus

That's good to know Andlu.

So how's Revin?

@CRJ
Mini Nulgath in AQ was Darkness/Fire.

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 5/24/2014 4:12:12 >
DF AQW  Post #: 45
5/24/2014 10:27:27   
Vagaran

quote:

Is OverSoul losing it's popularity that fast?! I'm really hoping it doesn't become another WarpForce or somethin

Sadly it lost many because of the lack in updates to PvP (E. Resistance and the likes). Until those starts getting added, expect more drop in popularity.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 46
5/25/2014 19:10:40   
Gorillo Titan

IDK, if you should compare ED with OS ED was a game already being worked on that AE bought it already had a team working on it.

ED also took over 4 or 5 year just to get the number of players it has now.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 5/25/2014 19:16:03 >
Post #: 47
5/25/2014 19:35:11   
Skurge
The Dealer

Locked for clean up. Expect PMs.

To start, I'm going to quote Mritha as it has already been said before:

quote:

And as for the state of the game? Yes, OS looks like it is dying. Maybe it is. But you know what? It isn't dead. So long as the game receives updates, no matter how small or repetitive, there is hope for the game. So long as it still has loyal players who refuse to abandon OverSoul, there is hope that one day it will be the great game we all hoped it would be, believed it would be. Yes it is hard to think the game will survive right now, when we hear next to nothing from the devs nowadays, but there is still hope.

The moment this community quits and walks away is the moment this game will truly die.

The state of the game is dependent upon the community. No one, and I mean no one, can say for sure what Nulgath is or isn't doing, but we all know that this game isn't going to simply "die off". Flaming staff members and making irrational/unconstructive posts about staff is not what this community is about. If you cannot respect Staff Members, you do not belong here. The developers strive for constructive feedback and the ways I've been seeing posts recently is just upsetting. The offending forumites know who they are; so consider this your final warning.

~Skurge,
OverSoul General Discussion ArchKnight

< Message edited by Skurge -- 5/25/2014 19:48:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
5/25/2014 20:58:38   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

Personally guys, if you've got nothing good to say about OS, just don't say anything.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
5/25/2014 21:59:54   
Andlu

@ChaosRipJaw That's wrong. You can say something bad, but use construtive arguments. Forums is not only for good things about the game.
EDIT:@Lemonus Revin?

< Message edited by Andlu -- 5/25/2014 22:03:00 >

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Design Notes May 09, 2014: Robin Rev & Muay Thai Fighters!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition