I will bring this topic back from the dead for a good cause.
I think a revamp for Ascended ChickenCow Lord should be in order, because the armor/class is horribly outdated for DF 2021, and especially, for the Inn.
why is it that way?
- High mana costs, tone them down by about 10%-15%.
- Very long cooldowns for most skills that don't justify
- the outdated damage values - all the burst skills feel very weak for DF 2021, their base damage needs to be increased.
- Mega laggy (although cool-looking) animations.
- Keelia's Superfried cow (stun skill) is quite laggy and could receive a reduced cooldown by 1-3 turns.
- Shield (Super ChickenCow Dance of Defense) is very weak - for 2 turns you get +140 Avoidance, which is extremely weak -
spoiler: practically all Inn bosses, even those that have aged poorly, basically ignore the shield if they use any sort of BtH buff, and even if they don't the coin flip for a hit will most likely fall on their side instead of yours.
(as confirmed by the request to revamp Pyromancer, which is ever since one of the more OP classes in the game, because that class shared an even weaker shield)
- Blind skill (Blueberry Pie) doesn't compensate for the shield because of the long cooldown
- There is a need to increase the effect of the Egg of Mystery - boost debuff skill (say, -50%), but reduce duration by 1 turn as well as cooldown by a few turns.
- the only healing skill should have its' cooldown reduced at least by 3 turns. For the amount of possible heals that you get, I don't think its' justified to have such a long cooldown. Maybe add more hits to it, while lowering and retaining the same amount of healing and retaining the same amount of damage it does?
- self BtH & Boost buff skill (Summon Archimoodes?) should have the same treatment as the boost debuff skill - i.e., - reduce duration so you could use one or two of the burst skills, instead of trying to find the optimal skill rotation for the next 4 turns and maybe increase their effect (?).
- defense debuff skill (Chickcalf Horde) should get less hits but higher damage and reduce both M/P/M as well as B/P/D, otherwise, it just doesn't work for its' intended uses which is to say, debuffing bosses.
- remove the element-lock for the Spicy Wings - DoT skill, I don't even know why that is there; maybe slightly increase the DoT damage.
- Leave the ''Flee'' skill for meme purposes (Or don't).
- Leave the base attack, the Eggteors (multi-attack) and ChickenCow Bomb (175% damage) attacks as they are.
And before you say it - yes, I am well aware this was released as a joke armor. But that didn't prevent it from making it to Tier 3 and destroy things before the Inn became a thing.
Why am I writing all of this?
Because I think it is kind of shameful to just leave this cool armor in the dust collection corner. It should be brought back from the dead, considering the new options for special slotting among others, so it can be a proper Tier 3 armor.
< Message edited by dragon_master -- 2/1/2021 15:38:30 >