Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

2 suggestions for 2v2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> 2 suggestions for 2v2
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/25/2014 20:36:33   
Akomachi

First thing is first, fix the matching system! I am regularly placed in battle against people I have no right fighting. Just a little bit ago, at lvl 13, I was partnered with a lvl 19 against two other lvl 19s. gee, I wonder how that fight's going to end? This is really simple stuff, you should never be forced into battle against somebody who is more than 4 or 5 lvls higher than you (excluding juggernaut) and the highest level in the group of 4 should be partnered with the lowest level. This is how it used to be (i played a long time ago and just came back) and it was well balanced then. I don't know why or when it was changed but I highly recommend changing it back.

The second fix is less important but is still something I would like to see implemented. There is a recurring problem of people going afk and/or leaving the fight before it even gets started. This has always been a problem in 2v2 and nothing has ever been done about it, I am going to propose a solution, the first one being rather simple to implement, the second one being much harder and less likely to work out.

1. auto-attack/skip button. for people who go afk, it leaves the active partner at a disadvantage. To offset this, if a move is not chosen by the end of the turn it should automatically attack the opponent with the lowest hp. This leaves the issue of strategy because there are occassions where not attacking can be a part of your strategy (never used this before but I can imagine it) so to leave this option, you can give us a skip button that skips our turn without attacking.

2. people who leave the battle before it's over, sometimes even before it begins, this is one of my biggest pet peaves. To counter this, I suggest placing an npc with equal stats, hp and mp with the person who left. There may be balance issues that I can't see with this so feel free to contradict me, but if this can be balanced I would like to see it happen.
Post #: 1
5/25/2014 20:47:55   
Mother1

Actually for the longest it is always been 5 for 1 vs 1 and 6 for 2 vs 2. It was just that there were a lot more people and several filters weren't in game before so this was hardly ever an issue. However now they added a legion vs exile filter which in turn pairs off what side you are on first over levels.

But on to your suggestion as it is now not supported.

As it is now unlike when you were playing the population has nosedived. Because of this matchmaking is off due to the

1 the legion vs exile filter pairing sides over levels
2 the match making system trying to find levels for players so they can fight.

Your suggestion would end up isolating players more which in turn will cause longer waits. Even at low levels with my alts I end up waiting sometimes 1-3 minutes to find battles at times which is insane. If you were to add something to relieve the wait time problem that this idea would cause I could support but as it is I can't support since it would also cause players to rage quit due to wait times.

As for the second idea A skip button would be nice since some people skip for tactical reasons but an auto strike button no. Auto strikes depending on the situation could end up having a player charge right into a trap (Color blast and Thorns bot specials are two good examples of this)

Epic  Post #: 2
5/25/2014 20:55:50   
Akomachi

I almost never have a wait time longer than 10 seconds so maybe it's just high levels that have longer wait times. perhaps set it so that searches for those closer in level but after a set amount of time (let's say 1 minute) then it matches with the closest it can get.

as for auto-attack falling into a trap, i would rather they fall into a trap than to have to fight alone every other match.

EDIT: or even better, implement my matching idea in lower levels but loosen it in higher levels.

< Message edited by Akomachi -- 5/25/2014 21:05:17 >
Post #: 3
5/25/2014 21:04:50   
Mother1

@ akomachi

your suggestion would affect everyone at all levels not just your range. I didn't mention this but I have to ask what time of the day do you play? Cause there are very well players who play during non peak hours and the total people online sometimes gets as low as under 200-300.

Not a lot of people and this change would hurt those players a lot. This was why I said you would need something to relieve wait times hence losing people due to wait times.
Epic  Post #: 4
5/25/2014 21:16:52   
Akomachi

wow okay I can see that being a problem. I play at fairly random times but I am EST so downtimes in my time would likely be around 2-3 in the am when i'm sleeping. I haven't seen it go below 500 myself.

What if after a minute of wait time it put you with whoever it could find in your range and filled the rest of the space with npcs? All I know is something needs to be done because some of these match ups are just ridiculous.
Post #: 5
5/25/2014 21:34:39   
oPeaceKeeper

Personally, I think that an auto strike feature would be better on time out than the current one which skips turns. If a skip turn button were added then players who are not afk can simply hit skip turn rather than be forced into a trap. I don't see a downside to this and it helps alleviate the problem of people going afk at the start of 2vs2 fights. Even if an afk player is hit by thorns or color blast then it is no different than them doing nothing.
Post #: 6
5/25/2014 23:48:09   
Akomachi

quote:

Personally, I think that an auto strike feature would be better on time out than the current one which skips turns. If a skip turn button were added then players who are not afk can simply hit skip turn rather than be forced into a trap. I don't see a downside to this and it helps alleviate the problem of people going afk at the start of 2vs2 fights. Even if an afk player is hit by thorns or color blast then it is no different than them doing nothing.

I just had a match that I would have won if my partner had not gone afk at the last crucial minute. even an auto-attack would have allowed a victory.
Post #: 7
5/27/2014 14:18:38   
The berserker killer

Ehh im not sure about auto-strike. However it would be insanely fun to fight with an npc
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 8
5/29/2014 4:51:11   
Seteriel

quote:

1. auto-attack/skip button. for people who go afk, it leaves the active partner at a disadvantage. To offset this, if a move is not chosen by the end of the turn it should automatically attack the opponent with the lowest hp. This leaves the issue of strategy because there are occassions where not attacking can be a part of your strategy (never used this before but I can imagine it) so to leave this option, you can give us a skip button that skips our turn without attacking.

Highly supported.
I've often had partners and enemies, who for unknown reasons didn't attack - and their 1 single attack on the opponent with the lowest HP would have finished the fight in the attackers favors.
Also i sometimes have situations, mostly during first turn while looking at enemies stats+skills, that i lag out my turn. A simple auto attack would also be vital here.

quote:

2. people who leave the battle before it's over, sometimes even before it begins, this is one of my biggest pet peaves. To counter this, I suggest placing an npc with equal stats, hp and mp with the person who left. There may be balance issues that I can't see with this so feel free to contradict me, but if this can be balanced I would like to see it happen.

Difficult. It would mean a lot of server space to be able to duplicate every players build in use - and teach the AI how to use it.

Easier and less "spacy" would be pre-generated NPCs (for example with lvl of 1, 3, 6, 10, 15, 20, 25 etc) and let them join if anything bad happens. Biggest problem here: when should they join ?
If at battle start = during or before turn 1, where players most often leave, would probably be the easiest solution to accept.
If during a battle, no matter if turn 2 or turn 19, this brings major problems again: is it "fair" that a NPC joins that late ? Shouldn't it have reduced HP/Mana ? But how to calculate this ?
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
5/30/2014 2:50:12   
ROOPJEET SINGH

matching will mot be fixed properly because of the lack of player there are limited players it means u have to fight them only u cant say that u will get enemy or partner of the same level as the other untill they put pve players also in game

http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/photobucket269/media/ban_Chaos_ThousandSons_PreHeresy_anime_zps5hbqkacr.gif.html
Post #: 10
5/30/2014 18:27:20   
suboto

I agree on auto strike if time runs out supported
Epic  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> 2 suggestions for 2v2
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition