Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= Fifth PvP Elemental Tournament - Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Fifth PvP Elemental Tournament - Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1712345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/30/2014 14:52:28   
Skurge
The Dealer

The Fifth Oversoul Tournament is now live! So grab WATER-ver you can and sea your way to victory! Da-run-da-dunn!

• Great! Who is my opponent?
    You can check to see who you're fighting in this lovely bracket here: Water Tournament Bracket
    Alternatively, check the following post for a running list of current duels!

• Alright, how do I face my opponent?
    Hunt them down! First, send them a PM with your available times. It is recommended that you list all times in EST. Writing "I'll see you at sundown, Saturday" is too vague and will not help you and your opponent meet your two-day time limit for completing your duels. You may also reply in this thread to set up matches. It is recommended that post in this thread in addition to sending a PM to your opponent.

• Good Game! My match is over, now what do I do?
    Post the results of your duel here! We would love to see some screenshots of your epic matches, so feel free to share! Do not forget to be courteous. We will be updating the bracket and Battles List continuously as the tournament progresses, so help us out by reporting your match results promptly.

• Who am I facing next?
    You can check the bracket or Battles List, and PM your opponent.

• What were the rules again?
    I'm glad you asked! Please check the following quote for the rules once again. The tournament runs much smoother if everyone knows what to do and what to expect. As always, if you have any questions regarding a rule, do not hesitate to post it either in this thread or in a PM to me!

GENERAL TOURNAMENT RULES AND GUIDELINES

quote:

• PvP Double Elimination Tournament. Duel invitation only, so players will have to challenge each other via the "Duel" option for each fight, one after the other. The tournament will be identical to last time (double bracket). A double bracket consists of two different sections - an upper bracket and a lower bracket; when the tournament begins, everyone starts in the upper bracket. As the tournament progresses, those who lose will be automatically sent to the lower bracket and matches will continue there. If you lose in the lower bracket, you're officially out of the tournament as you've lost both matches. The final match will be between the winner of each bracket.
  • A match is a series of 5 duels with the same opponent. If you lose 3 matches, you are out of the tournament!
  • You must win the best out of 3 battles to defeat your opponent! The higher level player should allow the lower level player to go first; if you are both the same level, decide who gets to be the most courteous and allow their opponent the initiative! In the case of a tie (1 win each), continue dueling until someone wins 2 matches in a row. Alternate who goes first between matches.
  • Duelists must use only characters of the element the tournament's theme is. In this case, this means WATER. If your character is listed under "Water" in the Characters List in-game, it qualifies for this tournament!
  • No level restrictions. Duelists can use any level character. (Disclaimer: Participating in the tournament could mean having to face a level 20 opponent, so be prepared!).
  • No card customization restrictions. Duelists can use any CC cards they have at their disposal.

• It is very resourceful to check the forums regularly when the tournament has begun. This will make it a lot easier for both your opponent as well as yourself when it comes to arranging duel times.
  • If you must drop out for whatever reason, please post your forfeit in the tournament thread, AND also PM Kiyone so they know to update the bracket and battles list!
  • To ensure that everyone has a fair chance, ArchKnights will PM you (via Battleon Forums) to indicate that your match timer has begun.
  • When the tournament starts, players will be responsible for contacting each other (either through posts in the tournament thread or through PM's) to arrange duel times. Remember, no-shows/communcation = forfeit!

• Make sure you post in the tournament discussion thread so we all know the results of your duel! Remember to be courteous in victory or in defeat. Post evidence of your match if you can. We all want to see! (Please read this if you don`t know how to take a screenshot and upload it to a site).

• Although there won't be any ingame rewards for winning, the tournament champion will get a custom made avatar for a short while!
  • All Artix Entertainment Forum Rules and Oversoul General Discussion Forum Rules apply in the tournament forum threads.

• < Message edited by Skurge -- 7/13/2014 17:36:44 >
  • AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
    5/30/2014 14:52:35   
    Skurge
    The Dealer

Tournament Notes and Updates:

Completed! The Winner is The Finnish Phoenix.

Post Edit: Updated Brackets. ~Kiyone

< Message edited by Kiyone -- 7/16/2014 8:50:07 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
    5/30/2014 16:22:02   
    BJEBLE

Mod vs. Mod? That's a cool fight. I guess I get more time to farm on my Rainbowtheus before I have to fight if I automatically advance.
    DF  Post #: 3
    5/30/2014 16:53:11   
    NINJAAWESOMO

1-1 on Gorillo, He had to go afk. http://prntscr.com/3o4jqz He most likely has the other picture of him winning. Going 2 wins in a row will be a pain.
    Post #: 4
    5/30/2014 20:55:20   
    The Finnish Phoenix

TFP reporting in, good luck Funksaurus! I hope I can take the funk. :S Nice white text Skurgey. ;D

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 5/30/2014 20:56:35 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
    5/30/2014 21:26:29   
    Ph3x

Started dueling Aata today, score is 2-0 for me so far, as we both thought who won two times in a row moved on to the next opponent, we stopped at that, however we acknowledge it's 3 wins and 2 in a row incase of a tie. So tomorrow perhaps we'll play the third game. I only have a printscreen of the second game, I'll make sure to get one of the third. http://prntscr.com/3o6jyo
    Post #: 6
    5/30/2014 21:32:14   
    The Finnish Phoenix

Nice going Ph3x!
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
    5/30/2014 23:13:46   
      Kiyone

I defeated DeathGuard 3 to 0 in our round. DeathGuard did a good job with the fight given the HP handicap and was very fun opponent to fight against.

Picture results

http://twitpic.com/e53e89/full

quote:

Mod vs. Mod?

Looks like Skurge mess up on that but granted I'm interesting to see how that would have played out.
    DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
    5/30/2014 23:24:26   
    Skurge
    The Dealer

^ Rest assured that would've been pure annihilation. I witnessed the match with DeathGuard and Kiyone and it's safe to you really know how to play your character.

I think I counted 3 five-hit combos in one duel.

< Message edited by Skurge -- 5/30/2014 23:33:19 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
    5/31/2014 13:13:01   
    Deniz87

Megakyle777 beat me 3-0.
    Post #: 10
    5/31/2014 13:51:38   
    the warden

Still waiting to hear back from darklore
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
    5/31/2014 14:26:55   
    Bionic Bear
    Helpful!

Sorry TFP, I was out yesterday. Truth be told my highest water character is a level 4 beta pirate, but I mostly joined this for the laughs.
    I'll be here for another hour if you're available.

Post #: 12
    5/31/2014 14:30:28   
    Gorillo Titan

been waiting 4 hours still no ninja have to log off for the day in the next 30 minutes.

Anyone else notice the earth part in the 1st post? - You didn't see anything. <_< >_> ~Skurge

< Message edited by Skurge -- 5/31/2014 15:56:05 >
    Post #: 13
    5/31/2014 15:14:43   
    Bionic Bear
    Helpful!

I'm going off for today, that's how little time I have.
    I might leave this tournament, really, I don't have much time to wait for other people.
    Post #: 14
    5/31/2014 15:35:10   
    Gorillo Titan

Im logging off to working 7 hours today wont be on till tomorrow 11am - 2 pm

1st duel vs ninja

http://t.co/DR7UcF5AXw

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 5/31/2014 15:36:23 >
    Post #: 15
    5/31/2014 15:46:39   
    BJEBLE

@Gorillo Off topic I know, but wow, that is A LOT of gold from one fight.
    DF  Post #: 16
    5/31/2014 16:25:40   
    Gorillo Titan

I made 60k gold yesterday not even farming though.
    Post #: 17
    5/31/2014 19:00:55   
    Ph3x

Last duel vs Aata today, finishing on a 3-0 for me. http://prntscr.com/3oh81v
    Post #: 18
    5/31/2014 19:08:31   
    Aatavw

I accept defeat from ph3x here are some snapshots. It was 0-3 for me he had a lv 13 Human Fisher and a lv 18 then leveled it up to 19 Soul Wyvern http://i62.tinypic.com/n3w5r4.png http://i59.tinypic.com/33uprw6.png http://tinypic.com/r/qx2ybk/8
    AQW Epic  Post #: 19
    5/31/2014 19:40:09   
    the warden

And still no word from darklore....
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 20
    5/31/2014 22:06:24   
    The Finnish Phoenix

Sorry we couldn't get on at the same window Funk but don't despair I'll do all I can to catch ya tomorrow. Gratz Ph3x, megakyle and Kiyone!

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 5/31/2014 23:21:24 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 21
    5/31/2014 23:08:24   
    Real Deal

i have not heard anything from jop. left 2 messages. is he on someones friends list. let him know im looking for him. thanks
    Post #: 22
    6/1/2014 1:06:21   
    The Finnish Phoenix

I've got him on my FL, I'm sure he'll come through though if his track record's anything to go by.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
    6/1/2014 1:26:41   
    clintonian

If anyone has contact to heavenspawn please inform him that the tourney has started really want to duel him but no reply yet :(
    Post #: 24
    6/1/2014 2:05:36   
    Gorillo Titan

finally find ninja and the duel froze out >.>

I won duel 1 http://t.co/DR7UcF5AXw
    Ninja won duel 2
    duel 3 froze
    duel 4 I won http://t.co/DSeOUJvGYL
    duel 5 this happened. http://t.co/toHhYYjGTc

3 am going to sleep now.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 6/1/2014 3:42:54 >
    Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Fifth PvP Elemental Tournament - Discussion Thread
    Page 1 of 1712345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition