Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Fifth PvP Elemental Tournament - Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Fifth PvP Elemental Tournament - Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 17«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/5/2014 22:02:48   
Gorillo Titan

Been on all day waiting for ninja back to work tomorrow not that long a day so I might have time to duel tomorrow.
Post #: 126
6/5/2014 22:19:36   
The Jop

I just fought Kiyone, and won 3 rounds in a row. She's a great duelist; I only survived Round 2 with 80 health. And that was against her Katana Zon.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 6/5/2014 22:22:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 127
6/5/2014 22:24:26   
  Kiyone

http://twitpic.com/e5jc0l/full

Here's the picture from duel. Jop wasn't able to get the second one since the browser crash at the end. He is a tough opponent. Even with a changing character strategy. I couldn't beat him. He really has master his water characters. Fun duels but will be tough for anyone to face in the tourney.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 128
6/5/2014 23:19:40   
Gorillo Titan

The dream I had might go 2 - 0 it seems just need a giant Dage foot character. lol
Post #: 129
6/6/2014 0:07:53   
The Finnish Phoenix

Congrats The Jop! That makes me your next opponent! Good luck, have fun, and I'll rendezvous with you as soon as I see we're both online hopefully. :)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 130
6/6/2014 0:29:51   
The Jop

Good, I was looking forward to this. I can fight you now, since I'll be busy for the next few days. I just have to do it in the next hour.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 131
6/6/2014 8:10:25   
The Finnish Phoenix

Sorry, by the time you posted I was already off to sleep but I should be free for much of today.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 132
6/6/2014 12:50:56   
Real Deal

Day 2. Heavenspawn its me and u. check your pms. if he is on somebody's friends list and u see him online, tell him I'm looking for him.
Post #: 133
6/6/2014 13:29:55   
The Jop

Round 1 - The Jop
Round 2 - There was a health glitch during this match, so we redid it.
Round 2 Redux - The Jop
Round 3 - Dylligraphy
Round 4 - Dylligraphy
Round 5 - Dylligraphy

Congratulations to TFP! He used at least 5 Corruptions in every round (10,000 Damage!), while healing and shielding. The battles raged on for hours, but he eventually overpowered me (and his dual element strategy worked a lot better for Revonthurkey than Soul Wyvern since he could just use Neutralize instead of switching charges). He's definitely a formidable foe, and he has a good chance to become the champion again.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 6/6/2014 13:32:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 134
6/6/2014 13:44:51   
Gorillo Titan

I thought of using REV but the lack of fresh start and healing and shields seemed like a big flaw and only having him at level 7.

Good to see someone figured it out though.
Post #: 135
6/6/2014 13:50:06   
The Jop

One thing we agreed on is that water could really use a DoT, since none of its cards are very efficient, whereas corruption does 2000 damage for 10 energy. The most energy efficient attack that water has is maybe Water Rapid, that does 400 damage for 3 energy?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 136
6/6/2014 13:50:10   
The Finnish Phoenix

The Jop: Thank you for posting those, re-doing match 2, putting up with my not-so-watery hybrid strategies, and being such a good opponent! To be honest I thought Revonthurkey would be less effective than the Wyvern and that I was doomed after going down 0-2, the Surges and the Fresh Start + Power Flow combos were doing overwhelming damage and I couldn't get set up before dying. I didn't think just one Corruption per cycle would be enough damage, but combined with normal attack cards it very slowly whittled away at shields and HP.

I think there's a good chance we could meet again in the final considering you won 8 straight duels (2 straight against BJEBLE, 3 straight against Kiyone, and 2 straight against me) and you time all your cards so well, but for that I'll have to do my part too and win my next rounds against whoever emerges from the other side of the upper bracket. Good luck eliminating your opponents and finding a counterstrategy should we meet again!

As for the Water DoT, I would really like to see one. So far, the HoTs and then Sacrifice on some Water characters is a bit like an indirect DoT in that you convert the HP you receive into damage, but it's not very effective since Sacrifice can't be CC'd and it takes more cards and time than straight-up DoTs.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 6/6/2014 14:16:25 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 137
6/6/2014 14:34:05   
Gorillo Titan

Well if I had the water contest we would of had a DOT for Vortex 6 turns 250 damage each turn
Post #: 138
6/6/2014 14:54:24   
The Finnish Phoenix

That sounds cool and similar to Electric Arc, but I think it would work really well on a Water character since obviously they take a while to kill what with all their heals and defenses. Electric Arc generally doesn't do much for most Lightning characters since often the battle's over before they can an Arc's full duration off, Resonance being the closest one to an exception but even it just has its 3 Defends and no heals of any sort which isn't much in the way of defence when you consider other elements' cards.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 139
6/6/2014 19:11:57   
DidYouKnowThat

@Finnish: So a Water/Lightning combo? The bulk would come from heals and shields, while you're able to let loose Arc's full potential.
Post #: 140
6/6/2014 19:36:19   
The Finnish Phoenix

Yes that would be really good too come to think of it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 141
6/6/2014 19:47:16   
Gorillo Titan

Wasn't helix wizard suppose to be a lighting/water

also what's special about spell cards?

Post #: 142
6/7/2014 10:12:56   
Bionic Bear
Helpful!

Ah, so it seems TFP will be winning another tournament. No surprise there :)
He chose an interesting character to play as, I see, from Jop's screenshots.
Post #: 143
6/7/2014 14:40:21   
Skurge
The Dealer

Wow! We already have a semi-finalist! Congrats to the Phoenix for making it. ^^

Now we just wait on Gorillo Titan/NINJAAWESOMO and the warden/clintonian and we'll be good to go.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 144
6/7/2014 15:20:18   
The Finnish Phoenix

I'm glad you believe in me Bionic Bear-I'll do my best not to let you down! This tournament is very far from being determined though and I expect there'll be many more grueling drawn out slugfests with hour-long duels like Gorillo vs. Ninjaawesomeo by the end given the defensive nature of water characters.

Thank you very much Skurge for the kind words, for making this tournament possible, and of course for the gold semi-finals star. I'm touched!

quote:

Wasn't helix wizard suppose to be a lighting/water

also what's special about spell cards?

Looking back, you're right! And it almost won too, came second to Soul Wyvern (votes were 69-50). That being said, I still love Soul Wyvern because it's probably the prettiest character in the game and has an amazing deck in its own right (for those who use it properly as opposed to me who CC'd 4 Corruptions and charged Neutral which didn't work out so well. xD). We'll probably get Water/Lightning eventually.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 6/7/2014 15:29:30 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 145
6/7/2014 16:44:01   
Real Deal

Day 3. Still no word from heavenspawn.
Post #: 146
6/7/2014 16:47:31   
the warden

only second person to duel against and im fighting him tommorow.
Ah well time to level monk xd

TFP: i will and ok xd

< Message edited by the warden -- 6/7/2014 18:12:26 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 147
6/7/2014 17:30:13   
The Finnish Phoenix

^Have fun against clinton tomorrow and whatever you do don't underestimate him! :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 148
6/7/2014 17:48:56   
Aatavw

Ok i have to go on vacation so i will have to forfeit the tournament. Ill be back on June 16th! Have fun and good luck.
AQW Epic  Post #: 149
6/7/2014 19:20:36   
The Finnish Phoenix

Enjoy the sunshine, see ya around when you come back round mid-June.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Fifth PvP Elemental Tournament - Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 17«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition