Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 147 - Read the first post!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 147 - Read the first post!
Page 27 of 29«<2526272829>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/18/2014 6:46:37   
Lemonus

Well he said "smart"

Note how the Water and Earthies act and the quotation marks.
DF AQW  Post #: 651
6/18/2014 23:11:24   
DeathGuard

I found Soul Wyvern and it evaded me just as Dwakel has done + x5 times already .-.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 652
6/18/2014 23:23:59   
Gorillo Titan

How about a voting forum like they did for the stress choice character?

I really wanna see gorillaphants in this.
Post #: 653
6/19/2014 0:55:03   
Megadragonknight

Nulgath had replied back. But he has yet to answer our question but do read his post especially the 2nd last paragraph.
Post #: 654
6/19/2014 0:58:22   
The Jop

What are more characters going to do? I hate to say it, but it seems like this is it for Oversoul. I don't know what the point of sticking with it is if it's been confirmed that we will never have anything more than more characters. I'm really upset that it ended up this way after all the time and hope I put into it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 655
6/19/2014 1:00:52   
Megadragonknight

*Sigh* And there is always hope for OS but thx to tons of other AE projects. :( At least lets be a bit happy OS still have update although characters release every week will be really too much.
Post #: 656
6/19/2014 3:25:07   
Vagaran

I really liked the idea Megakyle came with, someone who understands coding could maybe try out some different codes on an offline server then release it on live when it's ready. Could maybe give Oversoul some more life.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 657
6/19/2014 4:38:58   
Lemonus

Seeing as everyone knows different types of coding, it may be too complicated or time-consuming for the staff depending on how they do it.
DF AQW  Post #: 658
6/19/2014 4:48:19   
megakyle777

Lemonus: I don 't think it would be too time consuming. I admit some of this is conjecture but I recall staff saying once that they have offline versions of games that they use to test the code before it goes live. Give the community access to one that exists for OS, and allow them to code stuff into it.

The main concerns come mostly from security and legal reasons. For obvious reasons all code would need to be looked at first to prevent hacks, theft or backdoor entry, and legality issues could come from many various SG issues. If such hurdles can be cleared however it should be simple enough to do.

Vagaran: Glad you like it. I hope they at least listen and consider it.
DF  Post #: 659
6/19/2014 6:36:24   
Gorillo Titan

Well it looks like its up to Blackshock and umm, who else knows how to flash well and hasn't given up on OS?

Since OS has no new coders new characters are just gonna be reskins of other characters with the same decks.

@Mega That idea kind of destroyed itself why risk legal fees and people personal info such as credit card numbers on a game that doesn't make any money to begin with?

Nulgath pretty much said he was moving on to the secret mobile project only a few people know about myself included.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 6/19/2014 6:37:20 >
Post #: 660
6/19/2014 6:40:09   
megakyle777

Above: I believe such issues can be overcome. It might not even BE a issue: Just make it so people can't make SG content and you're good.
DF  Post #: 661
6/19/2014 6:43:52   
Gorillo Titan

The game needs money which come from SGS no new sgs content and no one to buy it equal the community going down to 20 people or less since people have been complain about only character releases for a year now.
Post #: 662
6/19/2014 8:18:59   
megakyle777

As opposed to no new updates because of a lack of money anyway? OS is dead either way, we may as well try and revive it with community support.
DF  Post #: 663
6/19/2014 8:21:46   
Gorillo Titan

Characters aren't gonna bring people back.

Mage a flashed Dage character could but thats about it also who here has the flash skills to make a character?
Post #: 664
6/19/2014 8:24:35   
megakyle777

...I never said just characters. In fact I explicitly suggested the opposite: to give us full coding control over a offline version of the game so forum coders can make the features that we wanted then give them to AE to upload to the game proper.
DF  Post #: 665
6/19/2014 8:42:42   
Gorillo Titan

Who on the forum knows how to code OS and even so it company policy for AE to only have coders who went to college.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 6/19/2014 8:43:28 >
Post #: 666
6/19/2014 9:10:05   
megakyle777

Alright then , what would YOU suggest? OS can't have coders on it, Nulgath is working on something else entirely, and he has pretty much said this game IS DEAD. What do YOU suggest then? Anything?
DF  Post #: 667
6/19/2014 9:24:10   
Gorillo Titan

We move on with are lives like the people who play other online games that never leave the testing phase.
Post #: 668
6/19/2014 10:00:16   
megakyle777

Well, I don't know about you, but I bleeding well don't give up that easy. Nulgath is asking for ideas on what to do and I suggested one. If he says no, THEN I will give up.
DF  Post #: 669
6/19/2014 10:01:42   
Gorillo Titan

Just wonder why they didn't give up on HS its been out longer >.>

I guess AE games are just gonna be dressup games and nothing more >.>

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 6/19/2014 10:02:17 >
Post #: 670
6/19/2014 10:01:53   
The Jop

AE will only support Oversoul if it becomes financially viable, which seems impossible at the moment. We would have to get at least 1000 players consistently to get some staff attention. It's tragic. Oversoul is confirmed to be dead, from the creator himself. I may stop visiting the forums after the tournament just because now I know there will never be more to the game. It has been fun talking with all of you, but it was mostly about Oversoul and I don't want to talk about it anymore.

@megakyle
Giving players freedom to code would be a disaster. People could do anything to the game, and having to check through that much code would be more than a full time job for a programmer. Nulgath already said that Oversoul has no coders, so that would not be a possibility. The only thing that would help is if we brought 1000 players to the game (since AE isn't bringing in more players) who would support it financially, then it may continue. It just seems unrealistic that we would be able to do that.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 6/19/2014 10:05:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 671
6/19/2014 10:19:22   
megakyle777

I made this thread:

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21717757&mpage=1&key=�
DF  Post #: 672
6/19/2014 10:25:47   
Megadragonknight

I really don't want OS to just die out. Be positive or negative, I am neither side anymore. I may not 100% give up this game although I will only 50% give up OS. The only way to ensure OS rise would be what the Jop mentioned, it would be the only way out although it will be unlikely. I can suggest to get many AQW players to come play OS since AQW had more than even 10,000 players. We really need them although we alone won't be able to persuade them to join since most AQW players just focus entirely on dress-up.
Post #: 673
6/19/2014 10:38:45   
Blackshock

Still hoping maybe a kickstarter could help give the game a much needed boost financially. Anyway, as for the community content thing, I'm gonna assume since nulgath said it would be possible to overlay new art with the movement/skeleton/animation of preexisting characters, it'd be much easier to create characters if they were molded into any of the pre-existing archetypes? I have plenty of free time during the summer break, hopefully I could practice my hand in actually doing art in flash.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 674
6/19/2014 10:46:13   
Gorillo Titan

SOmeone needs to figure out how to combine the AQW char page with OS to make new characters.
Post #: 675
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 147 - Read the first post!
Page 27 of 29«<2526272829>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition