Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 147 - Read the first post!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 147 - Read the first post!
Page 28 of 29«<2526272829>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/19/2014 11:19:37   
Lord Noonien Soong

^ it definetly would be nice to have an OS char page
DF  Post #: 676
6/19/2014 11:27:06   
DeathGuard

I will try my hand at flashing with OS style one of my characters since I'm out of college for 3 weeks. Sent Nulgath some message, if he replies, I may give you more output of such message.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 677
6/20/2014 13:53:17   
DeathGuard

They were released already?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 678
6/20/2014 13:55:50   
Gorillo Titan

No that was posted before Nulgath told us he moved to another project so no idea if we will get it or not.
Post #: 679
6/20/2014 13:57:42   
DeathGuard

Check the date of the DNs. It is June 20 :P
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 680
6/20/2014 14:00:38   
Axel459
The Void Calls

We're still not allowed to post that site here >_>
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 681
6/20/2014 14:03:52   
clintonian

Let's hope they come today and be in the wild and please have a good deck!!

Join the PVP turn-based combat Battle Card MMO game Oversoul!
Epic
Post #: 682
6/20/2014 14:06:39   
the warden

Above: agreed. I havent been playing os too much this week b/c waring in df and aq xd
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 683
6/20/2014 14:07:16   
Gorillo Titan

I know its a long shot but giving them both differnet animations would be awesome but most likely same decks same animations and cost sgs.
Post #: 684
6/20/2014 14:17:35   
clintonian

What if its like dfr riders in terms of rarity lol! There is a possibility
Post #: 685
6/20/2014 14:18:17   
Gorillo Titan

Would they be at the undead dungeon then?
Post #: 686
6/20/2014 14:25:38   
clintonian

Probably in nightmare dungeon
Post #: 687
6/20/2014 14:31:04   
Gorillo Titan

why nightmare thats the void stuff location gravenyln controls the undead?
Post #: 688
6/20/2014 14:37:47   
clintonian

Cause they just fit more there to me
Post #: 689
6/20/2014 15:17:38   
Gorillo Titan

So is Warlic done working on OS now?
Post #: 690
6/20/2014 16:43:47   
the warden

looks like no os release according to artix dns.
Above: idk
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 691
6/20/2014 16:48:26   
BJEBLE

Deathguard, although I don't really play CV the way that you do, I still think it's really fun.
DF  Post #: 692
6/20/2014 17:24:25   
DeathGuard

Yeah, I found it to be really fun even though many criticized his deck or potential.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 693
6/20/2014 17:52:23   
BJEBLE

@DG Yeah, as long as he gets Energize some time in the fight then you're enemy is going to be on the defensive, and then you'll just brute force your way through to a victory! I find it funny because my Shadow main, Lich, follows the complete opposite strategy of my CV. Variety is good I guess. But the deck is pretty easy to handle as long as you don't waste your attack cards or use a ton of Sacrifices.
DF  Post #: 694
6/20/2014 18:22:34   
Gorillo Titan

Did salene stop making YouTube videos?
Post #: 695
6/20/2014 18:31:37   
BJEBLE

@Gorillo Probably not, maybe school got a lot harder so she had to focus on that or something. I mean, from my perspective she's doing really well so unless it's something in real life then she should continue to make videos.
DF  Post #: 696
6/20/2014 19:58:09   
The Finnish Phoenix

My problem with Cyber Void is that it's essentially a less consistent version of Lightning chars built around SuperCharged. Usually I LOVE dual-elemental characters, but it defeats the purpose when there's no way to take advantage of its two energy reserves because it doesn't use much Shadow energy to begin with, and you can't CC your way around that since CC's reduce your chances of drawing that all-important single copy of Energize and many CC's that would otherwise be effective conflict with SuperCharged.

It would be more natural just to charge into SuperCharged than Energize into it as you would have the charges anyway, but instead you have to wish upon an Energize. You have so much more control with Lightning chars since SuperCharged was designed with the Lightning element in mind, whereas a Shadow char has to reinvent its formula to incorporate it.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 697
6/20/2014 20:12:10   
BJEBLE

@TFP I fix this with a lot of attack cards. Have a hand that uses barely any charges? More charges for the Shadowfires and Life Drains that I'll use later on. If it's the first hand then I'll just charge to 14 and use it. And it isn't exactly built around Supercharged, supercharged makes it a lot stronger and a more unique character, but it's really based around attack cards. That's why if I have a Sacrfice or Life Drain, I want to use it immediately because 1. I can't use Surge on it and 2. I can't discard it for Energize.
DF  Post #: 698
6/20/2014 20:28:38   
DeathGuard

I have found a defensive CC to be a lot helpful since it helps to use that "extra" shadow energy you have when waiting for Energize.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 699
6/20/2014 20:34:24   
The Finnish Phoenix

@ BJEBLE: I notice you have outfitted it with CC's including a Neutral-525 attack, a Shadow-525 attack, and a Life Drain from your screenshot, and I remember testing similar CC's myself but being frustrated that they made Energize harder to draw. Starting at an earlier charge is definitely valid but it means you can't convert as much energy as you would if you had a higher charge regen rate, and each 4 that isn't a 5 adds up to the point where your opponent might produce and probably will convert more energy through one element than you could through two after Energize. I say that Cyber Void is built around SuperCharged because SuperCharged isn't there because it happens to have lots of attack cards, the attack cards are there because it has SuperCharged.

That said, the best pure Lightning characters tend to be better than the best pure Shadow characters, so even as a lesser version of characters like Volt Engineer, it still gives characters of its own element a run for their money. It's a pity that it wasn't released early as I'd be curious to see how it would've faired in the Shadow tournament, though I'm not sure it could have survived the likes of Black Dragon if it ran into some bad luck, or if it could have broken through Poison Drake's Iron Hides without falling too far behind.

@DeathGuard: Right, and I know Void Reflection's been thrown around as a possible solution, but it has some of the same problems in that it makes Energize that much harder to draw, can't be discarded for Energize, and has no synergy with Surge, combos, or SuperCharged.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 6/20/2014 20:38:36 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 700
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 27 [28] 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 147 - Read the first post!
Page 28 of 29«<2526272829>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition