Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 5 of 23«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/4/2014 12:17:45   
Megadragonknight

@megakyle
I understand the disagreement and why it would be hard to let it go of such stuff since OS is greatly loved by us. The feeling is mutual but at the same time, I have to learn "let it go" is one powerful method to live happily. :)

@titan
I know but I do know Nulgath is aware of us being really sick of character release alone every week so he may have plans on future OS release. Quest, Grand Quest, features or anything so long as its not only character release every week. That would make us satisfy. I am now fine with whatever releases OS bring so long as OS is update every week. Also, megakyle is right, any suggestion is now welcome at the current moment.
Post #: 101
6/4/2014 12:27:55   
Gorillo Titan

Whats the point of flooding the game with unimportant characters though?

IF the game does get GQ they will have to spend a lot of coding fixing the location of characters they just decided to put over the map just cause people wanted them or they'll add them to shops since they wouldn't have locations for them leading people to complain about they cost SGS which pretty much means they want stuff but they don't wanna spend money to help the game grow.

Compared to several of AE games only a few even have large communities such as the first games they made AQW DF and AQ even BG isn't doing that well its ranked lower than 136 on the RPG scale last I checked not even making it on the list of 1000 best apps.

They need to come up with a better way of organizing there games with AQW as there only real money maker they HAVE to focus on it more than anything if that game fails the company fails and they will have to start laying people off leading to even less progress in other games.

As far as OS goes we need a way to get over 1000 people playing this by next month if it stands any chance of progressing, if not the game could take over 5 years just to get back on the radar similar to Herosmash is now which is a game that has the same playstyle as AQW so it can easily get more coders if they choose to work on it.

Maybe we need Warlic and Rolith to also take part in this forum to give us there feedback on the situation also.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 6/4/2014 12:30:44 >
Post #: 102
6/4/2014 12:37:56   
bei4

It will be alright nulgath :D , Oversoul will rise again.
I like the ideas of kickstarter project and youtube vids , twitter and stuff they can really help OS.
And nulgath can't you hire some people to help you with OS maybe some forumites , that could do it for free , since money is also a big problem.

And just a personal question(THAT I REALLY NEEDED TO ASK YOU ;P ) for you , sorry if this is irritating , but is there a evolution coming for Burn Mage since I am the only person as far as I know with Burn Mage LVL 20 , so can you please give him a evo , you would make me happy and I think also some other people.

< Message edited by bei4 -- 6/4/2014 12:40:47 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 103
6/4/2014 12:42:18   
Gorillo Titan

Only artist can work for free on OS coders have to have degrees its been confirmed by several of the AE staff even Artix.

The game is still owned by Artix its his company Nulgath just runs it all the huge decisions are up to Artix.
Post #: 104
6/4/2014 12:52:18   
megakyle777

Then we take it to the top too Gorillo. All the way to the top.
DF  Post #: 105
6/4/2014 12:58:10   
The Jop

A player referral system in Oversoul would really help. It would be great to have a way to advertise Oversoul built into the game, like it is for other AE games. I know Oversoul is still in Beta so it may not be the greatest first impression, but it's been said several times that they only way to get staff supporting the game is by bringing in a larger audience.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 106
6/4/2014 13:00:33   
clintonian

Seriously this is sad but still I will stay with the game. The kickstarter that someone mentioned is a nice idea I would personally support that.
Post #: 107
6/4/2014 13:17:12   
Gorillo Titan

Artix would have to agree with a kickstarter and it more than likely wont just be aimed at OS alone it would be aimed at HS OS AQ3D which I heard needed at least 80k just for them to have started working on it again.

IF a kickstarter was to work we would already have to have a team all tha money and no one sees a big increase in features in ETC in a shortish amount of time 5 months would have a huge backlash.

THough a lot of people are willing to put money towards video games now a days we would need videos to go with the kickstarter showing off the gameplay to attract donators.
Post #: 108
6/4/2014 13:21:17   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

For those of you who have commented on the "at liberty to say" thing, everyone one who becomes staff for AE, whether a moderator, an admin, a writer, a coder, an artist, etc, has to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) This is a binding contract, and it means that we can talk to each other ALL we want about what is happening, but we cannot talk about those things with anyone outside the NDA circle. It's to protect us and the company. And, yes, it is very hard sometimes to adhere to it, especially when you are realllly excited about what is happening, or you desperately want to tell your faithful what's up. When Nulgath said he was not allowed, the information at the time wasn't something that was supposed to be common knowledge, and in all likelihood, something they were desperately trying to fix, so discussing it would have caused more harm than good.

Nulgath loves his game. I've had several conversations with him. His passion is there, as is his creativity. Obstacles are always present, and whatever is to come from this, whether it is a learning experience, a boost in a new direction, etc, it will have come for a reason.

Continue to love and support Nulgath and the game, and he will continue to do all he can.

And thank goodness I finally was able to help him fix the forum issue. I'm telling you, I was about ready to reach through the computer screen and strangle the program... Thankfully, that violence was avoided.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 109
6/4/2014 13:38:49   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

How about kicking off the FB Page and reaching out to people...? Issuing posters to various websites and such promotion..?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 110
6/4/2014 13:42:22   
Gorillo Titan

We need someone to do the promo ads.

If only they had a promo for OS with BG we could of got a lot of new players.
Post #: 111
6/4/2014 13:44:16   
Andlu

That's sad. The way you said made me think it's trully game over. But I'll try to support OS always. Couldn't we actually call everyone we know to OS? We need player base and money to keep it going. If not then we could call this our last life. And nearly dead ;-;

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 112
6/4/2014 13:48:14   
The Jop

What I really want to ask Nulgath is "Do you really believe that Oversoul has failed? Are you no longer planning to add more gameplay features?" It sounds like he's given up on it, but hopefully we can turn it around.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 113
6/4/2014 14:02:07   
Gorillo Titan

@Nulgath will you be releasing the character brutus and jono and todd on friday the 13th like REV said?
Post #: 114
6/4/2014 14:04:14   
Andlu

@Gorillo Honestly does specific characters really matter right now? I mean this is to explain what happened and what could be done really :I
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 115
6/4/2014 14:07:13   
Gorillo Titan

It was said they would be released on friday the 13 next friday the 13 is going to be a long time from now plus they are part of the grand quest and just reminding him if he forgot.

Nulgath logged on the forum about an hour ago but didn't post.

It was made so we could ask him questions people just decided to try and give him ideas.
Post #: 116
6/4/2014 14:12:49   
megakyle777

quote:

For those of you who have commented on the "at liberty to say" thing, everyone one who becomes staff for AE, whether a moderator, an admin, a writer, a coder, an artist, etc, has to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) This is a binding contract, and it means that we can talk to each other ALL we want about what is happening, but we cannot talk about those things with anyone outside the NDA circle. It's to protect us and the company. And, yes, it is very hard sometimes to adhere to it, especially when you are realllly excited about what is happening, or you desperately want to tell your faithful what's up. When Nulgath said he was not allowed, the information at the time wasn't something that was supposed to be common knowledge, and in all likelihood, something they were desperately trying to fix, so discussing it would have caused more harm than good.

Nulgath loves his game. I've had several conversations with him. His passion is there, as is his creativity. Obstacles are always present, and whatever is to come from this, whether it is a learning experience, a boost in a new direction, etc, it will have come for a reason.

Continue to love and support Nulgath and the game, and he will continue to do all he can.

Don't worry Eukara, we will. We will do whatever is in our power to aid the Archfinnd. As you've seen there are a ton of suggestions, some feasable, some mess so. We ain't giving up and I'm sure nor will he.
DF  Post #: 117
6/4/2014 14:22:46   
the warden

For honor, I preserve the Realm of Oversoul!
I will support this game until the end.

I was so happy when this got annouced to start with and Im not leaving it now.

I do have a suggestion which has already been said but I do think a crossover would be a good idea of sorts.

I do agree with whats been said about the forums keeping the game alive.
I will not leave it as long as there are updates and I have characters to level.

I look forawrd to the releases in this game everytime they are announced.

In my opinion it has the potentional to be one of the best AE games, the problems that have stopped it so far though are great we can over come them.
As long as there is hope this game will never die.

And thats my longest post ever but it was worth it.

thank you Eukara Vox so much for helping Nulgath get his Ip problem fixed.

I do have a question as well. Will the 2 vs 2 character thing be added to the game?

I remember it from the demo thing and it looked really cool:)

< Message edited by the warden -- 6/4/2014 14:45:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 118
6/4/2014 15:05:03   
Gorillo Titan

Is it possible to get any other AE people involved with OS to take part in this conversation?
Post #: 119
6/4/2014 15:37:19   
Andlu

So agreed that every post on OS should now have:
For honor, I preserve the Realm of Oversoul! ?
We can get this game from the... Rags to riches?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 120
6/4/2014 15:40:23   
Gorillo Titan

We need people from other games to play OS not just forum people large number of people don't use the forum a good example is the last water contest about 200ish people voted while the contest before those had thousands.
Post #: 121
6/4/2014 17:13:53   
LigerBeard

I think that the best thing that we can do right now is to get OS noticed by a larger community. I believe this because I see plenty of ads for AQW, and it has many more players because of that. If we can place ads in certain locations that people visit often, we will get more players, which is crucial for the development of OS as a whole!
@Nulgath: I will never quit OS for my whole life, and I will always remain loyal to you and to OS. And that's not just me trying to be dramatic, that's a promise from me to you!
For the sake of OS, I will always be one heck of a player!(reference completely intended)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 122
6/4/2014 17:49:04   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

Well .Good thing the IP issue is resolved.

So . . . OS is um, injured? Fear not, it will recover. It is just a matter of time. I hope.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 123
6/4/2014 18:01:27   
Gorillo Titan

Is Double rainbowtheous still gonna happen?
Post #: 124
6/4/2014 18:32:42   
BJEBLE

Going to start a livestream with Oversoul, I can PM someone the link if anyone is interested. The more people who watch the stream, the more likely people want to sign up and play the game.
DF  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 5 of 23«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition