Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Friday the 13th - Full Moon War Stories and Poetry Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: =DF= Friday the 13th - Full Moon War Stories and Poetry Discussion
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/18/2014 22:07:21   
Jaden
Friendly!

Just posted yet another section, with a little less fighting and a little more insight into Jaden's character.

......And this page is mine.
DF  Post #: 26
6/18/2014 22:48:07   
deatharrows

Part two is out and it let's you chose the ending. P.S. The Ending will be climatic if you vote. So you should probably do that.
DF AQW  Post #: 27
6/19/2014 2:30:09   
salene

@Anyone can I get any advice on my story? Update tomorrow guys, I had a very "busy* day today *sigh*
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 28
6/19/2014 2:43:28   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

@Faerdin: Since Valtrith's form, created by using Sepulchure's item/negative emotion, was destroyed is also the essence and power of the DoomKnight bestowed upon the Baron lost?

@salene: This part had me confused.
quote:

Finally I saw my mother walk into the woods, axe in hand, bundled up tight in warm attire. She walked across our weather beaten front yard, and was soon swallowed by the shadows at the edge of the woods. I laughed as I saw a flock of birds fly from the woods, screeching at an unseen terror. It was late now, and my mother had not returned <>. Was she okay?

yet

The "Finally" threw me off as I thought the mother had "finally returned", but if I understand it correctly then that is a flashback of when the girl last saw her mother.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 29
6/19/2014 5:11:06   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Baron Valtrith...
spoiler:

Whatever power he may have been bestowed when Sepulchure's item was sacrificed still lingers, but that is only a fraction of the power that lies within him. As I envision Baron Valtrith, he was originally among the wealthiest of dark elves- and therefore had access to many tomes and essays that detailed powerful, experimental magicks at the time.

That simply wasn't enough for him, so he made a deal with the Mysterious Stranger. Whenever one of his flunkies failed their attempts to conquer Lore- for there had been a long line of failed Doom Knights even before Sepulchure and Dethrix- their bodies were destroyed and their essence was cast into the heart of Baron Valtrith. In return, the Baron would remain loyal solely to the Stranger.

This is why he is associated with the 13th and all things unlucky. He is not only a powerful embodiment of darkness, but an embodiment of failure. Sepulchure detects this within Baron Valtrith before he starts to fight him.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
6/19/2014 8:15:34   
deatharrows

@Faerdin, why are your stories so deep man? I'm just trying to make a story about a cheese canon and you charge in with deep history and backstory. Your kind of punching my story in the face right now.
DF AQW  Post #: 31
6/19/2014 10:19:32   
AlkaNephrite

I need sleep. But instead, I wrote. *slumps* I hate me.

It's weird and I just kinda made stuff up as I went along so don't be surprised if it's incoherent.

But it was fun. *pauses* Yeah, it was still fun to write.
Post #: 32
6/19/2014 11:14:40   
Dragonman

Option B for deatharrows' story :P

I haven't really been commenting, but everyone's has been good so far. :)
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 33
6/19/2014 15:32:36   
Ferakin

So, I may have completely and totally forgotten about this. Partially my bad. Whatever, I returned to read and write a little.

So, uh, wow. That's, uh, some pretty good stuff you guys made there. Kinda makes me wanna stop writing my crap. Or stop reading everything you make, whichever makes me feel less terrible. Some shorts, some crazy-wacky stuff, some really awesome stuff, all of it being very nice.

I wanna vote C for the cool assassin skills, but I also wanna vote D for silly nerd laughs. Pick the one that floats your boat, Deathy.

So, added onto what I already made, which I had planned to do earlier, but oh well. Actual fighting this time, though it honestly doesn't last long and is rather sub-par, frankly. More dialogue though, because we all love that. Bit more depth though, so meh.

And Dragonman, I totally gave you a great out there, so you better take it man.

< Message edited by Ferakin -- 6/19/2014 15:33:39 >
DF MQ  Post #: 34
6/19/2014 16:16:07   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Well I'm going to finish my story all at once when we hit 100% in the war, because as I was writing the part that I would have been up to, I hit f5 by accident, which refreshed my page, thus losing it.
DF  Post #: 35
6/19/2014 18:46:41   
Dragonman

Everyone talks about how bad theirs is, and how everyone else's is so much better. At least you guys aren't just the weirdest storytelling gimmick of all time :P.

Actually, I take that back, I love my gimmick.

EDIT: Crossover... hadn't ever done it before... Way more fun than I thought it'd be. Kudos to Ferakin!

< Message edited by Dragonman -- 6/19/2014 19:55:30 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 36
6/19/2014 20:42:21   
Ferakin

I'm beaming with happiness here. Literally beaming, sunlight is coming from my face, I'm getting worried.

And I just have an inferiority complex. Really doesn't help when Faerdin decides to write something.
DF MQ  Post #: 37
6/20/2014 1:30:57   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

The DragonFable General Discussion Forum is full of capable and talented writers.

None of them have self-confidence. xD

I can safely say that wars cultivate a miniature renaissance. Everyone has a story to tell, and do they know how to tell it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
6/20/2014 3:15:06   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

You seem confident enough in your story, wolf-buddy. :P Then again, you're pretty much unanimously agreed by the lot of us to be a great writer (which you are).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 39
6/20/2014 10:25:46   
  Stephen Nix
Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

It is time for a change!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
6/20/2014 12:38:50   
deatharrows

I'm going to type part 3 now. You can still vote if you want. By the way, it could take awhile because I injured my hand, so it is a bit painful to type. By the way, about the werehyena and news, just watch Anchorman 2. It will all make sense then.

Part 3 is done. I'm gonna say this right now. This not nearly my best work. If anything, this remind of the EnTropical Tales. That being the first real story I made, and one I'm not very proud of. The plot is ridiculous, the interaction feels kind of rushed, and the plot itself also feels very rushed. I tried, but it's not that good. However, you can still read it if you want. I'm not a fan of it but you may be.

< Message edited by deatharrows -- 6/20/2014 13:28:31 >
DF AQW  Post #: 41
6/20/2014 16:25:55   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Well I just put up my second-to-last chapter. I'll put up the final one when the war boss is released.
DF  Post #: 42
6/21/2014 1:28:24   
Ferakin

Well, that certainly was a foreboding ending, Faerdin. You sure know how to make a guy feel safe about the future.
DF MQ  Post #: 43
6/21/2014 11:45:06   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

I agree with Ferakin, it really was quite eerie.
DF  Post #: 44
6/21/2014 12:50:30   
hidan_orochimaru

@Faerdin:As much as I liked Seppy curb-stomping Valtrith,I don't know why,it seemed too much,but that's just my opinion,I think it's because I like Valtrith a little(now before anyone kills me here,I say I like Seppy more than any other NPC in the entire game).

And you could have used "FATALITY!!!" in the end where Seppy destroyes Valtrith,seeing as he FINISHED HIM!
DF AQW  Post #: 45
6/21/2014 12:53:06   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

I just added another part to my story. Faerdin features in this part and some of my friends have appearances. Also, there's a very obvious nod to a certain forumite. Please read it and let me know what you thought. =The Afterparty=
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 46
6/21/2014 14:24:24   
Dragonman

Well I'll have to spend some time catching up on everybody's stories, they've all been great so far though!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 47
6/21/2014 14:26:36   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

spoiler:

It's funny Arthur should ask how Aura is doing. At this point in our story, Aura is canonically locked away in Espina Rosa. :)

@hidan: My writing was a bit too grisly, truth be told, but I was kind of going for that. What Valtrith and Sepulchure were setting out to do was objectively ugly, and I wanted for their argument and battle over it to be presented as such. And it may look like Valtrith was a tad downplayed for the story, but that is partly because we had such devastating victories in the war that Sepulchure never was given a moment of weakness.
@Ferakin/Amon: Recreating the Necrotic Blade of Doom is no mean feat. So everyone in Faerdin's DragonFable universe should probably be pretty scared right now.
@above: Agreed! It's awesome to see how much L&L regulars and warmongers alike contribute in writing to wars.

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 6/21/2014 14:28:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
6/21/2014 14:30:55   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

spoiler:

Oh, then I think that makes for a most interesting crossover. Anyways, what do you reckon Faerdin would talk to Mel about...? I hope I've portrayed your character correctly.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 49
6/21/2014 14:34:08   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

spoiler:

They would likely have a terse discussion about how GOSHDERNIT WEREMONKEES DON'T BELONG IN AMITYVALE!

<-< >->

Monkees are evil, y'know.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: =DF= Friday the 13th - Full Moon War Stories and Poetry Discussion
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition