Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Changing Field Medic and Adding new skills

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Changing Field Medic and Adding new skills
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/22/2014 15:46:49   
  Exploding Penguin

Field medic is the only skill on every class so.....

Let's make it a skill that doesn't show up on your skill tree but you'll always have it, like striking. It'll have the regular 4-turn cooldown, and it will scale with level AND support (to buff support because it's disappointingly weak right now). No skill points are invested into this skill and so the only way to raise its effectiveness aside from level is from having more support. Energy cost will increase with the more support you have, but it's extremely efficient so that the cost scales very slowly with the actual heal increase from support. Minimum energy cost is 170

Now that field medic is removed from every tree, we can now add a new skill to each class to make them a bit more unique and fun (fun is more focused rather than balance in this suggestion).

Circuit Breaker:
Class: TM
CD: 2 turns
Cost: 120 (+10)
Scales with: Support
Description: Deals blockable support-scaling damage that does not improve with skill point investment. For 2 turns after, your opponent's energy gain from all sources is reduced by a % that does not improve with any stat and with skill point investment.
1. 33%
2. 38%
3. 43%
4. 47%
5. 51%
6. 55%
7. 58%
8. 61%
9. 64%
10. 67%

Explanation: adds more viability to support builds. Since the debuff only lasts 2 turns it's a bit hard to time but those who can use it well can reap great benefits from it. TM has very weak energy drain potential overall so this should make it a bit harder for your opponent to maintain comfortable and usable amounts of energy.

Charged Strike:
Class: BH
CD: 1 turn
Cost: 140 (+15)
Scales with: Dexterity
Description: Instantly gives the friendly target resistance which scales with dexterity, and causes their next strike (duration lasts infinitely until they strike) to deal 10% additional damage and remove an amount of the striked target's resistance for 3 turns. Also heals the allied target for a very weak amount which scales with level but not dexterity.
I'm bad with numbers of scaling skills so I'll skip on those and let you guys figure out how it should work.

Explanation: BH is really reliant on mark of blood and smoke for most of its damage and endurance since static grenade's energy recover is pretty weak. This should add a bit more utility and focuses more on how BH has a very strong offensive set while also hosting good countering options with strong defensive skills and an effective energy drain.

Pacify:
Class: Merc
CD: 3
Cost: 155 (+20)
Scales with: Support
Description: Gives a buff effect to an allied target, improving their next auxiliary attack while also giving 20% max rage instantly and cutting the target's auxiliary cooldown by 1 turn. This buff effect does not wear off until an auxiliary attack by the buffed target is used. The next aux attack does % improved damage based off of your total aux attack damage before defenses are calculated in (EX: If your aux damage range is approximately around 500 and you have a 50% damage boost against an enemy with about 300 defense/resistance, you will deal ((500 * 1.5) - 300) = 450 damage). It also pacifies the target enemy for 1 turn, instantly removing 15% of their current rage IF they aren't already at 100% rage (basically, if an enemy can already rage the next turn you can't stop them even with this skill) and reducing their next turn's rage gain by 35%.
1. +10% increased aux damage on the next aux attack
2. +15%
3. +19%
4. +23%
5. +26%
6. +29%
7. +32%
8. +34%
9. +36%
10. +38%

Explanation: Makes support builds more viable. Mercs are also great at handling rage with an instant rage boost, intimidate to reduce enemy rage gain on their strength-based attacks, and surgical strike removes 50% rage. This just adds more to that element in an attempt to bring back some unique attributes to the class so it can be set apart from others.

Hemoplague
Class: BM
CD: 1
Cost: 75 (+20) HP (not energy!)
Description: Inflicts the enemy with a poison to their bloodstream, dealing damage over time for 4 turns or until they use field medic. Deals no on-hit damage and scales with nothing (maybe level, but I don't care too much about exact numbers). Since it deals no on-hit damage, gives no rage. However, Hemoplague's damage will work with mark of blood, meaning you will lifesteal off of the poison effect if the enemy target is also afflicted by MoB at the same time. This skill seems like it does a lot of damage compared to other poison skills, but remember that it does no on-hit damage and deals it over 4 turns instead of 3 making the overall damage dealt come in much slower.
1. 25 damage
2. 35
3. 44
4. 53
5. 61
6. 68
7. 74
8. 80
9. 85
10. 90

Explanation: BM currently hosts very weak damage skills and relies mostly on its godly endurance with basic attacks to win fights. This skill was brought in as a dynamic way to mix up BM's playstyle. It costs HP to use rather than energy, but will also return HP if the enemy is afflicted with mark of blood, opening up tons more strategic options.

Rend
Class: CH
CD: 2
Cost: 100 (+15)
Improves with: Strength
Description: Strikes and rends the target's defenses, increasing all damage they take by a % for the next turn. This means that rend can wear off without them taking any bonus damage if you choose not to damage them the next turn. Note that this synergizes with static charge to give you more heal if you choose to use it next turn. Blocking rend will result in only 70% of the original debuff's effect.
Getting really lazy and don't feel like doing numbers anymore. You should get the idea behind the skill though.

Explanation: Adds for more strategic plays with CH. Rend can be a good skill to follow up with a static charge for increased energy gain. It can also be used to help focus down a single opponent in 2v2, but getting it blocked can be fairly punishing.

Recharge
Class: TLM
CD: 0
Cost: 240
Improves with: none
Description: Removes 1 turn of cooldown off all your skills, auxiliary/gun, and robot. Can be cast on an ally. Investing skill points reduces the energy cost. Note that it has a 0 turn CD so it can be used consecutive turns in a row.
1. -0 energy cost
2. -17 total energy cost
3. -31
4. -42
5. -53
6. -63
7. -73
8. -83
9. -93
10. -102 (so it'll cost you 138 energy to use it)

Explanation: Adding to the name of being "tactical," this opens up tons of build options for TLM, particularly for support builds who cry because of the extremely long aux cooldown. Can be used in numerous different ways to mindgame an opponent and catch them off guard, especially if you use it on an ally in 2v2.

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 6/23/2014 0:14:19 >
Epic  Post #: 1
6/22/2014 16:47:28   
Armored986

Not necessarily those skills, but remove Field Medic from skill tree and replace with another skill is a great idea!

Very good, supported.
Post #: 2
6/22/2014 17:40:56   
Mother1

IIRC wasn't the support increasing Field medic the reason it became so overpowered before they nerfed support the first time? While this would be a good way to buff support I agree I feel unless the scaling is really high (since even with 5 wasn't high enough) this will overpower field medic and make heal looping even more overpowered.
Epic  Post #: 3
6/22/2014 17:58:47   
  Exploding Penguin

I think the field medic CD got increased by one after the support scaling was removed IIRC. Also with all the energy steals available now I think it'd be pretty hard to heal loop successfully while also maintaining viable damage outputs.
Epic  Post #: 4
6/22/2014 19:41:53   
ScarletReaper

I think this is a great idea. I miss my support builds being viable options. supported.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
6/22/2014 20:24:17   
Jacobfarrow1

One hundred percent supported. This will make the game much more fun.

One question though: Will all of these skills be placed in the slot Field Medic was in?
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
6/22/2014 22:07:51   
Mother1

@ Exploding Penguin

I recently fought against a dex TM with my focus TM build. We were both able to heal loop quite easily even with the high 4 turn cool down until turn 40 when I went for broke. If the right combination of class and build appeared with this current balance then heal looping can and will happen.

Only difference would have been with this the field medic would have worked in my favor since I had more support than my opponent.
Epic  Post #: 7
6/22/2014 22:13:08   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

Will all of these skills be placed in the slot Field Medic was in?

Yes. I tried to make some of the suggestions somewhat logistic in their placement to match the other skills in the same branch of the tree. Ex: Charged strike is in the same branch as energy shield for BH

@Mother1: That's probably cause you're both TMs, and its a class with probably the weakest energy drain and the strongest energy recovery. Any other matchup probably wouldn't have lasted that long.

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 6/22/2014 22:14:44 >
Epic  Post #: 8
6/22/2014 22:35:24   
GearzHeadz

I agree with that way you invented of getting rid of field medic from the skill tree, that was a really good idea, maybe a little tinkering, but that was a good idea man. Maybe not use a of those skills in field medics sted, but definitely something.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
6/22/2014 22:40:27   
Mother1

@ exploding Penguin

While this is true believe it or not it was the main reason why all energy drainers and gainers earned an extra turn for cool down outside of energy parasite. Because this one class could heal loop endlessly in this situation.

This can also happen in cases where a TM goes against an opponent who doesn't use an energy drainer as well.
Epic  Post #: 10
6/22/2014 23:58:31   
  Exploding Penguin

@Mother1: I think that's more a problem of energy flow in general with TMs. Support-scaling field medics would be viable on pretty much every other class from what I can tell, except maybe on mercs due to the high conversion rate of static smash (although it can be blocked), and for BMs, but you can just burn all your energy to avoid giving BMs it.

Edited the first post with added explanations for all the skills, telling you all why I decided to suggest that particular skill and how it could be used if it were to be implemented.

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 6/23/2014 0:15:04 >
Epic  Post #: 11
6/23/2014 13:36:42   
The berserker killer

That's the perfect idea. Field Medic should be a skill that we always have and, i'm not sure if you said this or not, but it should be Level Based. It should be Support based. That way you cant just have 20 support and heal 500. You will ultimately be forced to increase your support.

This is genuinely an awesome idea.

Supported
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 12
6/23/2014 13:53:51   
  Exploding Penguin

It is level-based, but not skill point investment based. Also if you don't have much support you can't expect your field medic to be healing that much, but I think level-based still needs to be there because health automatically increases as you level up as well.
Epic  Post #: 13
6/24/2014 12:40:53   
The berserker killer

Then this is highly Supported
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 14
6/24/2014 15:10:58   
GearzHeadz

I would suggest giving cyber hunters frenzy where field medic used to be if this were to take effect. Cyber Hunter is the only class with only one way to gain health, which is field medic, and needs more ways to gain hp.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
6/24/2014 15:50:25   
  Exploding Penguin

@GearzHeads: Or maybe give them another strong defensive buff or something? I don't like the idea of all classes having the same amount of ways to heal cause it takes away from class diversity. But I see what you mean.
Epic  Post #: 16
6/24/2014 15:56:58   
GearzHeadz

Nooo! Not a another defensive buff! That's the last thing we need! But yes you make a good point about classes and sharing skills. And perhaps another str based skill is the last thing CH needs another way to gain health, and possibly deal damage. Maybe a support based attack that could return health. I'm not quite sure, but the class needs another way to gain health since it only has only way to do so atm. Frenzy could definitely fit in there now though.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
6/29/2014 8:33:12   
King Bling

GearHeadz If CH gets frenzy then all of the people will be looping static frenzy static frenzy,,,, so its no a good idea and by the way even tm dont have any healing abilities except field medic itself!!!!!
Dont overpower CH and the suggested skill by Exploding penguin for CH is OP as with the massacre build they wud do a lot more damage like 450 to 500 per each strike/aux and massacre wud do like 1200+ dmg itself!

BUT I HIGHLY SUPPORT THE FIELD MEDIC BEING REMOVED FROM THE SKILL TREE AND REPLACED BESIDE THE STRIKE BUTTON OR SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Post #: 18
6/29/2014 10:23:13   
GearzHeadz

TM's supercharge gives them health back.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
7/1/2014 9:00:43   
xzkamityx

supported, but I can see the tact merc skill becoming very insanely over powered if i'm reading this right. If you're saying field medic will stay and just have another skill added. If tact mercs used recharge to decrease a skill's cooldown by a turn, that would really decrease it by two as a turn was used to activate it. Tact mercs could heal loop with battery and field medic like no tomorrow. On the other hand if it only reduce the cooldown of robot, aux, and gun, that would make support builds viable for tlms.
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
7/1/2014 10:08:58   
Rui.
Banned

I dont think heal is gonna be removed ever.. why ?? 1. Critical heal core is linked to heal. 2. Adding new skills would lead to another year of whining and balancing out these skills. 3. Atm this is a balanced skill and has the same effect across classes. 4. 2 vs 2 would be broken without this imagine 2 players vs dex mages and they get stuns. Lol hopeless game.
Post #: 21
7/1/2014 10:26:23   
xzkamityx

good point rui.

I just imagined two straight dex tms on the same side in 2vs2...bought had a heart attack
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
7/1/2014 12:01:39   
King Bling

@Rui. Did you even read the whole post? He suggested that, since heal is a common skill between all the classes, why not put it beside the strike button, instead of it being in skill tree, and plus it could get space for a new skill as well

he is not suggesting to remove heal, just change its place besides strike.
Post #: 23
7/1/2014 19:34:27   
xzkamityx

@ King Bling
he was just clarifying something up for me about the heal being removed.
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
7/1/2014 22:00:20   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

supported, but I can see the tact merc skill becoming very insanely over powered if i'm reading this right. If you're saying field medic will stay and just have another skill added. If tact mercs used recharge to decrease a skill's cooldown by a turn, that would really decrease it by two as a turn was used to activate it. Tact mercs could heal loop with battery and field medic like no tomorrow. On the other hand if it only reduce the cooldown of robot, aux, and gun, that would make support builds viable for tlms.

Recharge has a high energy cost, gives no rage on use, and still costs a decent amount of energy even with tons of skill points invested. TLM also only has battery backup which has a whopping 5-turn CD.
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Changing Field Medic and Adding new skills
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition