Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Changing Field Medic and Adding new skills

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Changing Field Medic and Adding new skills
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/2/2014 11:35:19   
Rui.
Banned

Alright let me give you my thoughts on your skills since i have some free time now. I am taking into consideration that if we are moving the field medic these would be tier 1 skills hence they would with 17 support at level 1. Tm skill - would empower strength rather than support. Would makballastic bunny bot even more useless. Not really helpful beyond level 1. 2. Bounty hunter skill. Lol 4 effects on 1 skill ? You serious ? Bm is not relient on smoke or mark. A good bounty can emp and win the game with 0 energy. 3. Merc skill - mercs need support to hybrid this is just gonna give them unnecessary power .. Hybrid right now is extremly op why would you wanna give them anything to do with support. 4. Blood mage skill.. Now you want blood mages to counter sheilds as well ? Wasnt enough that they can bludgeon and parasite with mark and intimidate... Lets ingore armour and get back health fyi.. Blood mage has the best damage dealing skills in the game.. Fireball and bludgeon with gun for strength .. Overload and rain for dex and cannon bot and sjpercharge for tech.. With best sheilds wouking off support. 5. Cyber hunter skills.. I dont see much diff in this and cheapshot.. Why not give them the bounty hunter skill eh.. Lol 6. Tactical merc.. Woot i like this.
Post #: 26
7/8/2014 20:18:29   
The berserker killer

This is singlehandedly the best idea I have ever seen. Everyone has the potential to heal, the only side effect I see of this being implemented into this game is another skill to differentiate each and every class. I just think it should be support based but.....that's just me
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 27
7/12/2014 15:03:05   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

Tm skill - would empower strength rather than support.

Except strength has no part in calculating damage for Circuit Breaker

quote:

Would makballastic bunny bot even more useless.

It's already been established that pretty much every other bot outclasses bunny bot, and that its only good use is against NPCs who will strike themselves and give you free turns and damage on them. So it honestly doesn't matter if it makes it more useless in PvP.

quote:

Not really helpful beyond level 1.

A lot of skills are currently useless beyond level 1. IE bludgeon is extremely inefficient past 1 skill point investment, and same with fire scythe. Since the energy cost increases very slowly with skill point investment, you could just dump any extra skill points you have into this skill if you already have enough energy gain in your TM build.

quote:

Bounty hunter skill. Lol 4 effects on 1 skill ? You serious ? Bm is not relient on smoke or mark. A good bounty can emp and win the game with 0 energy.

Yes, I'm serious. BH is fairly reliant on smoke/mark. I don't think I've ever played a BH past the static grenade release which hasn't used at least one of either on me in a fight. "Good" is a very nondescript word and logically any good player can win any game if they satisfy the conditions and luck doesn't screw them over.

quote:

Merc skill - mercs need support to hybrid this is just gonna give them unnecessary power .. Hybrid right now is extremly op why would you wanna give them anything to do with support.

Hybrid is only seemingly OP because everyone plays the damage race game where all you have to do is out-damage your opponent with no care to your own defenses, and you just get hard-countered by hybrid. Make a more versatile build and it's no problem at all. Also, support builds are extremely useless right now because they're outdamage by most other classes. Just think of support merc being like a caster build.

quote:

Blood mage skill.. Now you want blood mages to counter sheilds as well ? Wasnt enough that they can bludgeon and parasite with mark and intimidate... Lets ingore armour and get back health fyi.. Blood mage has the best damage dealing skills in the game.. Fireball and bludgeon with gun for strength .. Overload and rain for dex and cannon bot and sjpercharge for tech.. With best sheilds wouking off support.

I play a lot of BM. Fireball is useless. Plasma cannon is weak and costs too much energy. Bludgeon is only useful at level 1 and is extremely inefficient to invest in. Overload costs too much energy and there's no other motive for running a staff over a sword for them. Supercharge costs so much energy I doubt you could ever use a level 4+ supercharge in the current meta. And who shields against BMs these days? From what I've seen (since I'm currently BM): No one. not even 1% of people do. BM logically has good damage skills but never enough energy to use them.

quote:

Cyber hunter skills.. I dont see much diff in this and cheapshot.. Why not give them the bounty hunter skill eh.. Lol

It's very similar to cheap shot (I just noticed after you pointed it out), but it has good 2v2 utility for teamwork plays.

Stated at the beginning of the OP:
quote:

fun is more focused rather than balance in this suggestion

Thank you for your feedback

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 7/12/2014 15:04:11 >
Epic  Post #: 28
7/15/2014 20:40:57   
GearzHeadz

I had a thought. Why not have the field medic increase with focus once it is removed from the skill tree?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 29
7/15/2014 20:51:53   
Jacobfarrow1

@GearzHeadz
That would make Focus better, that's for sure. I'd like that, as Focus would be more viable for all classes (Not saying it isn't already).
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
7/15/2014 21:06:54   
GearzHeadz

Maybe make it +50 health with each focus tier like robot. And a buff to support by increasing the heal with +1 for every +1 support point, or something low like that, so support won't get overpowered. Or maybe not at all. Its all concept still. And what of energy cost? Would the cost increase with focus? If so, the cost would have to be low enough to actually benefit form the extra heal points, while not being so high that it negates itself.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 31
7/17/2014 11:36:24   
Remorse

I really like this idea!

I think making field medic a level one skill across all classes is a great idea,

The only issue I have with it is making the cost increase as you get more support... that counteracts the actual benefit of the increased heal for some builds.

I know you added the cost to prevent abuse ETC,

But honestly when it comes to heal builds, rather then preventing abuse (abuse builds should not be removed, they should merely be easy to counter) then they should just add more ways to counter them.

Hatch-ling rush is already a huge counter to healing, and they could easily add more similar cores if builds started to abuse the support improvement factor of heal as well.

Overall though I really like this idea, definite support from me,
Some of the skills could be changed if need be (though you have provided some great ideas for new skills as well)

But the main thing to this is the field medic change which I think would be really good for variety.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 7/17/2014 11:39:51 >
Epic  Post #: 32
7/17/2014 11:59:11   
GearzHeadz

Yeah I agree with you on that part. I like the idea if making heal on par with strike, but I'm not so sure on all of those skills.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 33
7/23/2014 15:12:03   
The berserker killer

Bumping this. it is too good of an idea for it to go into archive. This is absolutely perfect
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Changing Field Medic and Adding new skills
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition