Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 149 - Read the first post!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 149 - Read the first post!
Page 10 of 29«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/8/2014 14:11:09   
Siruiz

@The Jop
Understandable. A smaller community isn't always the funnest, but is usually more friendly than others with a huge playerbase.
If they do have another contest, the players would be kept busy, and in the meantime they can keep working on a bigger release without having to worry about it for a while.
Post #: 226
8/8/2014 14:12:55   
The Jop

@Siruiz
The problem is that they're not working on a bigger release. Nulgath struggles to get coders to put in one character every two weeks.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 227
8/8/2014 14:20:56   
Siruiz

@The Jop

Then what they need to do is have a contest of greater proportion. Maybe help design a quest or something, something along the lines of those dungeon quests. Regardless, I do realize the lack of characters. I'm just suggesting they release something bent on keeping the community occupied, while they can figure something out.

< Message edited by Siruiz -- 8/8/2014 14:29:17 >
Post #: 228
8/8/2014 14:26:46   
Vagaran

quote:

Also, are you guys really just gonna give up on OS just like that?!? We can't just let OS die just because of a couple of bad things for it! If we lose faith in OS then it'll be dead in the water, but if we can just have faith in OS, then it will stay alive!! So please, don't give up on OS, we can still keep it alive!!

I REALLY do want to have the hopes that OS will start shining, but lets face it. No gameplay updates for over a year, no coders who can focus all their time on OS and only character after character for months...there just isn't much hope for OS at this point. We can hope all we want, but unless Nulgath can find some coders that can work with the coding of OS it's rather hard to imagine it going well.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 229
8/8/2014 14:41:00   
The Jop

There's no Oversoul release mentioned on Artix.com. so it looks like we're going at least 3 weeks without a release.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 230
8/8/2014 17:47:57   
Gorillo Titan

Klunk and diligaf don't count they are volunteers.
Post #: 231
8/8/2014 18:46:25   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

I'm just going to leave this here from what I have been seeing recently...

We all must remember we cannot expect everything to be handed to us on a silver platter. Of course us staff can try and get new players to come in the game, but us alone cannot do that. For this to work, the players themselves must be positive as well. Sitting on a forum, complaining about how "dead" a game is doesn't help anyone, but only hurt it more. The moral of the story is we all need to be positive and look forward into the future instead of be bleak and grim. Imagine if you signed up for a new game and on the forums, you saw nothing but negativity about how "dead" it is. That is a setback.

We do read the forums. Infact, we have held contests and even the current poll about who you wanted to see in OverSoul and have your input. It's not negligence. We're there and we are indeed watching; trying to improve along with you all.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 232
8/8/2014 18:51:41   
The Jop

@Asuka
Yes, being negative will only hurt the situation more, but hope has gotten us nowhere. Players have had hope in Oversoul for almost 2 years, but it's only gotten worse and now it can't even keep up with releasing one character every two weeks. There's a point where people get aggravated because all the support they gave Oversoul for years has gotten it nowhere and no staff member is doing anything to get it to grow anymore. All the responsibility and blame is being put on the playerbase: "they're making things worse by complaining", "Oversoul will only thrive if players get other players to support Oversoul."

At the end of the day, the choice in whether to develop Oversoul and give it a chance to thrive rests in the hands of the developers. No amount of positivity from the players will change that, only more money being made will.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 8/8/2014 18:53:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 233
8/8/2014 18:56:52   
Asuka

It really is a double bladed sword. Of course the blame isn't on you or the players entirely.

The point was just being negative in general will only hurt it more instead of do good.
With how things work currently, OS would need a significant improvement within the player base to start growing more.

The more popular a game is, the higher development which goes into it is.

We can advertise so much, but in the end it's all about what players think and play.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 234
8/8/2014 19:01:52   
The Jop

@Asuka
Staff doesn't seem to understand that an incomplete game that's still in beta after nearly two years isn't going to grow its playerbase. If they worked on stats, chaos, elemental resistances, plot, team battles, etc. instead of very small character releases once or twice a month, the game would be a lot better off. Isn't it possible to take a huge break from adding characters (since that doesn't help the playerbase anyway) and work on gameplay features instead? You can redirect any ideas to Nulgath if you think they would help.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 8/8/2014 19:09:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 235
8/8/2014 19:11:07   
Asuka

Possibly, but again, it requires players. You can work on the most extreme, most complicated system ever, but if in the end there's still only so few players, it would all be for not if it was not going through the profit mark.

Let's do an example.
I start game.
It has only 10 players.
I take away coders from other, semi to successful games/new projects to make complicated, nice system.
Still only improves about 20-30players.
All that time wouldn't wield enough profits for it to continue working on.

So the point goes back to # of players and # of profits it's making.

Both of these are a factor, not one or the other.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 236
8/8/2014 19:14:45   
The Jop

I think adding to the gameplay would help bring in players and profit. In alpha there were over 500 players, so I think people were interested in Oversoul, and would be interested again if new features were introduced. I've heard from a lot of people who used to play Oversoul that they stopped because there wasn't really anything to do and also some players who stopped because they didn't know how to play, since the tutorial is outdated and easy to miss.

It may be a risk, but we know that the status quo of adding characters is not going to help the game at all.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 8/8/2014 19:16:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 237
8/8/2014 19:25:11   
Asuka

Again, requires both of the same points.

Coding and new features are much easier said than done, especially with OverSoul.
Getting coders requires money and money comes from profits. (Back to my point with profits)
Having happy and loyal players rewards the money for said development and coders.

At the end of the day, you must remember Artix Entertainment is a company that has many different games and all require some looking after.

One cannot get special treatment over the other if one isn't doing so well.
It all comes down to what's making the profits.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 238
8/8/2014 19:28:32   
The Jop

Well, that's a shame. In that case, it does sound like Oversoul is dead and I don't see the point of hoping otherwise. I don't see any reason for Oversoul to start making more profits in the near future, so I don't see it getting any more staff support or growing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 239
8/8/2014 19:41:54   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Asuka's right. Artix isn't going to give Nulgath the resources to push the game forward until we actually get more players in the game. And it highly discourages people to want to join either the team or the game when all they see on the forum is negativity and the entire playerbase just sitting back waiting for the end of times. The number of forumites I've seen actively try to get this game back up and running is depressingly small. AE isn't a game company known for giving up so easily. Why is the playerbase the opposite way? If we're truly a part of AE, then I say we should go down kicking and screaming, clutching tightly onto OS as it falls into the abyss. We need to be positive. We need to look death straight in the eye and tell him he's not getting OS today, he's not getting it tomorrow and he's not getting it ever. When it all comes down to it, the players are the life and blood of AE and right now we're just letting the arteries get clogged up.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 240
8/8/2014 19:46:32   
TheSage

The staff do know the current situation, but of course, there are things that must be kept unsaid to the ppublic/player base. We must remember AE is a company of Free to Play broswer based games. Lets start with the basic. If AQ had not survived or made any real progress, we probably wouldn't have what we all have access to today. Running servers are also not free, and this is a monthly payment. We also must take that into consideration.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 241
8/8/2014 19:51:58   
The Jop

I did advertise Oversoul in a number of places about a month ago, and it did nothing. No one is going to base their entire decision on whether or not to code in a game on the players' level of positivity on the forums. They base their decisions on how much they enjoy the game and how much they understand the coding. You can encourage players to keep believing all you want, but you shouldn't be blaming them for the state of Oversoul by any means, not after all the support some players have given to Oversoul for almost 2 years. The developers ultimately have the say in whether or not to help a game. Of course they look at if a game is doing well in terms of money and the number of players, but they can help a dying game and ignore a successful game. In fact, I think they should help their dying games, since what they're doing now shows that they're okay with leaving their games to stagnate and putting out subpar games that are permanently in Beta. It's giving them a poor reputation, especially now that Artix thinks he should make two more mobile games while several of his games are struggling.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 242
8/8/2014 20:05:53   
Gorillo Titan

I think a large part of the problem is we don't get any real information directed at us about OS most of the stuff we have to figure out for are self and go from there.

Also OS never really had a full team with Rolith leaving only a few months into development and then no one ever being taught the code for OS two years seems like it would of been a lot of time to try IMO.
Post #: 243
8/8/2014 20:26:14   
Andlu

It's an infinite loop. We won't get "new gameplays" or "new coders" if we don't get more playerbase. But we also won't get more playerbase without more new gameplays or new coders.
It's endless.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 244
8/8/2014 20:50:39   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

We just need to recruit players to play OS each day and play for like 30 minutes to an hour daily. Eventually we'll get enough players that they'll give us some gameplay updates which will attract new players, instead of us relying on current players who are only playing just to save the game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 245
8/8/2014 21:12:39   
Gorillo Titan

What's more important number or player or the amount of money spent?

Since you guys asuka,sage,mallet all work for AE what do you guys suggest for us getting more people one of you work on HS if I'm correct why did they do to keep it from not getting any releases at all?
Post #: 246
8/8/2014 21:33:30   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

None of us work on HS, and honestly you can't have paying players if there are no players in the first place. You need a foundation before you start building the house. Just like you need a playerbase before you can get players supporting the game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 247
8/8/2014 21:57:23   
Gorillo Titan

I thought either sage or asuke tested on one of them.

How do you recommend us getting new players I personally don't know 30 people.

Salene YouTube videos were getting people but she stopped doing that anyone willing to play OS on YouTube to get more people?

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 8/8/2014 21:58:25 >
Post #: 248
8/8/2014 22:19:17   
The Jop

If you're part of any other community on the web, especially ones dealing with games, it would help if you mentioned this game and described the situation.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 249
8/8/2014 22:40:34   
Gorillo Titan

I have no internet and I've done that in several differnet ways asking gamers to review it on YouTube and writters on wattpad.

I kind of want to here someone who works on AE plan for how we could save the game besides the vague answer of getting more people such as what would be the best way to draw people in.

I doubt a lot of the negativity on the forum is known by most of the people who play OS.

I've personally spent full days in OS talking to new players giving them tips and asking them to try and get more people to play the game.
Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 149 - Read the first post!
Page 10 of 29«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition