Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 149 - Read the first post!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 149 - Read the first post!
Page 11 of 29«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/8/2014 22:44:56   
The Jop

@Gorillo
Not you, you've been one of the most active players in trying to help Oversoul. If anyone else wants ideas on how to help, they can mention/link to Oversoul to other communities they're part of on the web.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 251
8/8/2014 22:48:38   
Gorillo Titan

We need someone willing to take charge of the situation and organize a way for us to get out of these dark times.

REV is going back to AQW since Nulgath will be having his showcase.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 8/9/2014 0:48:38 >
Post #: 252
8/9/2014 4:19:48   
Vagaran

@Asuka
I know being negative won't do any good but being positive hasn't helped much either.

Yes we can't do much if there aren't enough player but getting players is easy said than done. I managed to convince 2 of my friends to give OS a try, they stopped playing after a week because the game was a little confusing and they just found it boring in general. Without the interesting feature Nulgath had planned like Artifacts and the likes it's just not easy to have players playing the game and not easy at all to have them spend any money in it either.

Like Andlu said, it's just an endless loop.

We can't get new players/have players continue supporting without any good gameplay and vice versa we can't have any proper gameplay updates without the money for it.

Well I have tried getting a few people into the game through advertising on other sites aswell, dunno how it went for those.

< Message edited by Vagaran -- 8/9/2014 4:31:28 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 253
8/9/2014 4:58:21   
megakyle777

Here's the problem.

We get say maybe 10 people in game.
5 leave because they find it boring, they think other games are better, or the gameplay is not very well explained
5 stay because they like it, but then leave the monet they find out it's pretty much dead.

Getting people into a game with no support is HARD. I only have a few friends myself, and it's unlikely they would play for anything more then five minutes if they are not suitably impressed.
DF  Post #: 254
8/9/2014 8:27:26   
Gorillo Titan

Talking about Artifacts is going to do anything for OS people want them yes but it's not gonna happen unless we get more people try and talk to people about the stuff we do have such as unique characters, fun pvp and a diverse gaming community some people stick around when they have nice people to talk to in a game.
Post #: 255
8/9/2014 9:24:54   
Megadragonknight

This had become the same topic we discussed over and over again. Its getting real tedious. If AE staff gave up OS, so be it. I can't no longer remain either positive or negative. Nulgath and Artix still can choose to continue with OS and try not to give up OS if they just take the risk once by releasing some new gameplay update such as Chaos, Stats or Elemental Resistance. If it succeed in attracting more players to join OS and pay for SG package everytime, then there is still hope in OS.

We, players, do our best to continue to support OS as we preserver on for more than 1 year ever since OS became dead. Although Nulgath still continue for more character release plus with new AWESOME artwork he create which is Void Warlord of Nulgath, Beastmaster of Nulgath, Archmage of Nulgath and more. Nulgath will just release any character he drew for AQW to OS along with new characters he will draw for OS character release. That one, I am actually still fine with it.

Anyway, no matter what, all we can just do is continue to play OS to show our true support. Until then, I do hope Nulgath will find a way to revive OS back even though chances is only about 50%.

I am not sure what else I can say for OS other than just being so impress with character release. But all I can do is continue to play OS and purchase SG package when I can afford it.
Post #: 256
8/9/2014 10:52:39   
Gorillo Titan

Do we even need chaos I think from the chart it was only chaos and neutral who had effects on each other the other elements should be fine.

They should of had enough time for devs to know how to code omni and from the way rolith talks he only wants to work on omni games. I'll try and ask him about training someone to code for OS don't expect anything to amazing though. I know one of the MODS who wanted to code for OS but he says no one had gotten back to him on teaching him OS code.
Post #: 257
8/9/2014 11:14:10   
Megadragonknight

That can work. Hope Rolith is willing to teach that Mod.

I will be very please if Chaos character will finally be release in OS. That is the last gameplay update I wish OS will have and that can be the least Nulgath can do for us.
Post #: 258
8/9/2014 11:33:38   
Gorillo Titan

Chaos isn't hard its just not profitable at the moment when the coders can be working on something else.

Its irritating to see the DEVS from other games talking to to the community but OS has very little of that warlic doesn't use his twitter or forum account Nulgath barely uses the forum even with a fixed account and doesn't even do anything besides post game releases on Friday for his twitter.
Post #: 259
8/9/2014 11:41:08   
Megadragonknight

Yeah. I just hope Nulgath can fulfil this last wish of ours and that is just to finally release Chaos character as a way to thank us for supporting OS despite its already dead. I am afraid that I must already gave up on hoping OS will shine again BUT I never give up on OS completely. I still keep playing OS so long as there is character release. At least it can give me a reason to keep playing OS and allow me to have some fun on hunting/using new characters.
Post #: 260
8/9/2014 11:46:51   
Gorillo Titan

Nulgath said Chaos Drakath wouldn't be chaos if you didn't read that.
Post #: 261
8/9/2014 12:43:13   
Megadragonknight

What you mean? For your info, I don't have twitter account so I don't know anything about what Nulgath would said in twitter. Forum would be the only way I would know what Nulgath said.

Edit: If I misunderstood your point, forgive me but you need to explain it slightly more clearly. No offense as when it comes to language, I am not really good at it so at times, I tend to misunderstood people's main point or explanation.

< Message edited by Megadragonknight -- 8/9/2014 12:45:19 >
Post #: 262
8/9/2014 13:02:54   
The Jop

@Mega
quote:

Heard back from Nulgath. He is going to start working on winners right away. The Grimlord will be a major laglord, but it is what you want. :P He also noted that just because there's a chaos character in the list, it doesn't mean chaos element will be implemented. Unfortunately, it's a whole other coding process that none of the coders can get to with all the other projects going on. He was excited to start on the winners.

And I've already spent 525,000 gold without getting Corruption. This is driving me crazy.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 8/9/2014 15:59:24 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 263
8/9/2014 16:05:44   
The Finnish Phoenix

Sad that Grimlord'll lag, it really isn't much bigger than something like Sentry Lord so I don't see why it would have to unless it had crazy animations. Still very nice to see it finally arriving in OS though, I still consider it the best AQW armor to date.

quote:

It all comes down to what's making the profits.

How unfortunate. Then why not focus your efforts on AQW so an active OS player like Gorillo or The Jop can become Nulgath's spokesperson? It doesn't seem as though you have much vested in this game anymore.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 264
8/9/2014 16:19:03   
Gorillo Titan

Lag machine is his way of saying it should have cool animations I think he said it about Astor and moose even though moose is huge with eh animations but Astor is relatively small but has an awesome 5 hit though.
Post #: 265
8/9/2014 16:26:57   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

quote:

How unfortunate. Then why not focus your efforts on AQW so an active OS player like Gorillo or The Jop can become Nulgath's spokesperson? It doesn't seem as though you have much vested in this game anymore.

As much as we can be invested, we also have other projects. There is no "Spokesperson" position. Oversoul isn't my only game I do testing/work on. OverSoul isn't just what Warlic works on. We're all on separate projects as well and just because they're secret from the public mass doesn't mean it's anymore "invested". There's always things Artix is working on, but not always will people know until he announces it.

~Removed unnecessary comment.
Mritha

< Message edited by Mritha -- 8/11/2014 20:30:45 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 266
8/9/2014 16:29:20   
The Jop

@Asuka
Other dedicated players can help with testing though, since you're busy with several other projects. There's no reason that even the volunteer staff for Oversoul have to busy with other projects.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 267
8/9/2014 16:51:28   
Trollok!!!

Well, as negative as this sounds, there's not much to test except for character releases...
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 268
8/9/2014 16:54:30   
The Jop

@Trollok!!!
Yeah, those do need testing so things like the Gravelyn Defenders don't get released as Gravel Defenders.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 269
8/9/2014 17:00:37   
Trollok!!!

I never said they didn't need testing. I was implying that Nulgath wouldn't need more work on his hands like managing the training of new volunteers over small character releases. It's kind of belittling to suggest that equipping a single character and checking its deck, name, and animations would require more than the current manpower Nulgath has.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 270
8/9/2014 17:06:29   
The Jop

Is there really training? You just play the releases before they come out and report any mistakes to Nulgath. The current testers are preoccupied with other things, so the game could use dedicated players that don't have to struggle to find the time to test.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 8/9/2014 17:07:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 271
8/9/2014 17:13:46   
Axel459
The Void Calls

Oh, you're talking about Oversouls current state again.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 272
8/9/2014 17:19:41   
Trollok!!!

Despite it being a volunteer job, there is training involved. It's not Oversoul, but a buddy of mine who tested for EpicDuel said as much. As such, despite the prospect of six possible new characters, I really do not think Nulgath would need any more help since as you said,
quote:

You just play the releases before they come out and report any mistakes to Nulgath.

< Message edited by Trollok!!! -- 8/9/2014 17:21:39 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 273
8/9/2014 17:21:57   
The Jop

Well, if he does there are people available. The current testers are preoccupied so it would definitely help to have players who will always be willing and able to test.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 274
8/9/2014 17:37:02   
Trollok!!!

Looks like Drakath won't be Chaos but he'll still be a good addition to the game. Hopefully he'll be hard to get so we don't see everyone who has a Soul Gem using him.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 149 - Read the first post!
Page 11 of 29«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition