Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 149 - Read the first post!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 149 - Read the first post!
Page 9 of 29«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/4/2014 12:53:04   
The Jop

That's Sepulchure's name before the Doomknight armor/blade warped his mind and made him evil. He was a knight named Valen Pulchure who was good friends with Alteon, and helped him overthrow the tyrant King Slugwrath.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 201
8/4/2014 12:57:21   
Gorillo Titan

Nulgath should of commented on the during the poll and voting its his character. >_<
Post #: 202
8/7/2014 8:41:11   
Skurge
The Dealer

D'awww. I missed the poll! It's going to be fun seeing some of those characters put in the game, especially since it's community-driven.

Hmm. All we need now is something with a little more steam
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 203
8/7/2014 12:29:56   
The Jop

They should remove the link to the Oversoul Bugs forum, since it doesn't exist anymore...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 204
8/7/2014 13:43:24   
Gorillo Titan

Would involve coding from a programmer which we don't have they have the other bug thing though.

Looks like no release this,week anyway.

For those who haven't read it yet two new AE mobile projects one should be announce today.

Also Nulgath is back on AQW http://www.aq.com/gamedesignnotes/nulgathsneakpeek14-4165

One of the new games is an idle game pretty much a game that works without you doing anything going AFK and you still will advance.

A lot of the new AQW stuff will give a OS vibe two of the new armors he drew even have the OS circles.

Will Nulgath working on AQW bring back the hype OS had when it first came out after he builds up his fan base again?

Post merge due to staff create tdouble post. ~Kiyone

< Message edited by Kiyone -- 8/11/2014 21:18:57 >
Post #: 205
8/7/2014 20:33:11   
The Jop

@Gorillo
I think it'll just make more people move to AQW since it actually gets updates from Nulgath, but maybe. The fact that the Gravelyn Defenders are Heromart items for AQW but people can get them for free in Oversoul hasn't brought any new players in. What actually brings in players are gameplay updates, which probably will never happen at this point. Cysero says we need a larger playerbase to get coders working on Oversoul, but new players aren't coming without gameplay features being added.

[color=#0000FFPost edit to remove reference to remove post. ~Kiyone]

< Message edited by Kiyone -- 8/11/2014 21:19:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 206
8/7/2014 22:40:37   
Gorillo Titan

The warlords of Nulgath look awesome and the Toxic Fiend looks cool.

It was confirmed Artix doesn't force anyone to work on a game people ask or they volunteer for OS to get up and going a Coder would wanna know there time would be wasted on a game and with barely any coders reading the OS forum they pretty much just see the pathetic number of plays and lack of money from it and pass on it. Newer game make more money so the coders would make more money.

OS might just be in the AE graveyard.

I don't think they can find a way for OS to thrive without the other games suffering and the next plot of AE revolving around graveyln being the champion of light and her competition from Dage and Nulgath will keep him pretty busy.

Also with thr release of an idle that project should be done quickly and bladehaven 3D and the decision to put the AQ3D features into AQW will be another busy time for AE.

Post Merge to staff create double post. ~Kiyone

< Message edited by Kiyone -- 8/11/2014 22:02:16 >
Post #: 207
8/7/2014 23:28:02   
Elite Tuga

Even if Nulgath had to "sweet talk" Artix himself, and convince to give a second opportunity ext, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt giving it a shot.... theres literally no excuse(s) (it's not like Nulgath will lose his position just talking constructively about his own game).

OS should get Chaos implemented, even if it s the last thing it ever gets!!!... it's worth the try to see what happens next.

Epic  Post #: 208
8/7/2014 23:33:47   
The Jop

@Gorillo
The staff doesn't make more money depending on how successful their games are, they work on a fixed salary. That was confirmed by Cysero here. The problem is that they're needed in more successful games, and everyone other than Rolith and Warlic have to learn how to code for Oversoul since it's so different from most AE games. Also, Nulgath doesn't work in the Underground Lab in Florida, so it's more difficult for him to convince people to work for Oversoul or give it a chance.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 209
8/7/2014 23:34:10   
Gorillo Titan

We need 2 vs 2 new cards and a log in bonus to keep people coming back to OS. More packages like Shadow of Nulgath and Felix of light was

Artist make extra when they have a personal shop in game.

Warlic lives in Florida right? Nulgath working on AQW and his NPC not having much purpose in AQW lately gives me this vibe AQW new plot has him returning from OS to AQW with several things that were scheduled to release but we never got �� and him being out of OS now as the game being done.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 8/7/2014 23:38:41 >
Post #: 210
8/7/2014 23:36:26   
The Jop

@Gorillo
Where did you hear that artists make more money for personal shops? I think that's a rumor players started, and it's not true.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 8/7/2014 23:40:38 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 211
8/7/2014 23:40:51   
Gorillo Titan

Looks like it wouldn't be surprised no update till the next seasonals in September.
Post #: 212
8/7/2014 23:43:55   
DarkLore

I checked the wiki today. Interesting. So OS pulled a HS universal-server stunt. Not too surprised. Also not surprised that even that won't keep the player total above 30 if we're lucky. Still great update though. Still a HS thing they did.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 213
8/7/2014 23:50:33   
The Jop

I don't know how we'll get anything anymore, to be honest. No one is working on this game anymore. Even Nulgath is part time only.

Remember when staff members said all we needed to make Oversoul a success was continuing to support it no matter how bad the situation gets?

< Message edited by The Jop -- 8/7/2014 23:55:18 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 214
8/8/2014 0:20:03   
DarkLore

Not to mention my souls the archfiend ows me for that wretched error code 12 bug!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 215
8/8/2014 5:25:04   
Vagaran

quote:

There's nothing we can do right now. I guess we can just have the last moments of joy with OS.

Pretty much all we can do at this point.

Any ideas suggested to help the game back has been shut down...

I guess OS is just gonna have some character releases every now and then.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 216
8/8/2014 5:38:01   
Gorillo Titan

Well its been several months and when we normally go a while like this without anything new we get a character contest.
Post #: 217
8/8/2014 13:15:53   
LigerBeard

@Gorillo Titan: You're right! Maybe that'll attract the attention OS needs!
Also, are you guys really just gonna give up on OS just like that?!? We can't just let OS die just because of a couple of bad things for it! If we lose faith in OS then it'll be dead in the water, but if we can just have faith in OS, then it will stay alive!! So please, don't give up on OS, we can still keep it alive!!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 218
8/8/2014 13:26:08   
The Jop

@LigerBeard
The only things that will attract attention for OS are new gameplay updates like stats, chaos, team battles, elemental resistances, plot, etc. The character contests have gotten less participants every time, just because the Oversoul playerbase has gotten much smaller over time.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 219
8/8/2014 13:42:31   
Siruiz

@The Jop
Character contests may not help OS gain more players, but at the very least it's exciting for the community and helps to keep players around.
Post #: 220
8/8/2014 13:45:35   
The Jop

@Siruiz
The only way the game will grow is if the playerbase grows, and it will only grow when new gameplay is added. I don't want to just have the same playerbase and have the game stagnate. It may be interesting for about 50 people, but who cares if it means that there will just be continuous character releases and the game will never really grow or change in any way? I'm okay with adding character releases/contests, but I don't think it will add anything substantial to Oversoul.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 8/8/2014 13:47:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 221
8/8/2014 13:51:20   
Gorillo Titan

The chaos energy card seems awesome the chaos buff card gives you 1 - 10 energy without the need for giving up cards.
Post #: 222
8/8/2014 13:54:20   
The Jop

@Gorillo
Oh, I thought it meant it would increase your damage by 1-10, but I don't know. The other chaos card we've seen is chaos strike, that does 1-10 damage for 4 energy.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 223
8/8/2014 13:59:33   
Gorillo Titan

That would be cheat +1000 damage for no energy...

Off topic comment remove ~Kiyone

< Message edited by Kiyone -- 8/11/2014 22:05:25 >
Post #: 224
8/8/2014 14:07:53   
The Jop

@Gorillo
When Sepulchure killed Death, everyone who died became a zombie.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 149 - Read the first post!
Page 9 of 29«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition