Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

2 vs 2 balance

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> 2 vs 2 balance
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/10/2014 15:26:10   
Stonehawk

How about a balancing system for 2 vs 2 where high ranks get lower ranks as partners? For example: Variation and ConQrR are rank 60+ and they are always partners. Maybe they should each one get a lower rank on their team to balance it a bit more... is that even possible? Does that make sense?

P.S.: Also, I think lower lvl people should get the highest rank on the battle.

< Message edited by Stonehawk -- 8/10/2014 15:30:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
8/10/2014 16:09:25   
Variation

^I face against rank 20+ players with level 36 partners all the time, what's your point? The developers already have a handicap system in place for legendary ranks only the Legion vs Exile filter overrides it. I face against Exile players that ally up all the time, but even when I have a crappy partner against them I don't waste my time here because that is a strategic aspect of the game. Also no one in this game are "always partners," a client by itself cannot manipulate the matching system. The server has complete say so over who is your partner and the client doesn't partake in any aspect of it.
Post #: 2
8/10/2014 16:10:58   
lionblades

For the most part, I think this is already in effect. Some players including myself have experienced this:
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21768535

Also, about Variation and ConQrR...they are legion so they get paired up more often. The Devs are still using the Legion/Exile filter ( is useless imo) which can possibly override level/rank differences. Its easy wins if you "abuse" this and get good partner and not L36 noob lol. I've done this a couple times and most of the time I win because of this filter haha. Rather than your suggestion, removing this filter would be the first step to decreased wait times and better matchmaking.
AQW  Post #: 3
8/10/2014 16:19:37   
Mother1

For this suggestion itself not supported.

The player base is already low as it is, and level 40's thanks to the new matchmaking change have the lowest player pool and range. This would cripple wait times even more for higher ranked players.

Also as Variation and Lionblades have pointed out the legion vs exile filter overrides the hadicap system seeing at it pairs for the side you are on over the this.

Not to mention you can't 100% grantee that you will get the partner you want even with the method people say increases the odds. The pairing is still random.
Epic  Post #: 4
8/10/2014 16:21:10   
Stonehawk

I agree with lionblades, this exile/legion filter would be removed, wouldn't it make it better?

@Mother1

Wait times wouldn't increase, I just suggested that the game switches partners by rank, for example:
when 4 players in lvl 40 are in a battle, 2 of them rank 60 and the others rank 10, then it would be 60/10 VS 60/10 instead of 60/60 vs 10/10.

The way it works ensure a loss for the lower ranked guys. But lionblades explanation makes sense, so they are partners because they are legion.

That's why I think this filter is not helping at all, plus I keep getting legion partners, and there's nothing wrong with it lol.

< Message edited by Stonehawk -- 8/10/2014 16:26:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
8/10/2014 16:28:04   
Mother1

That has been suggested ever since they put the thing into play. Even in the beginning when it first came it made matches harder to get, and was actually removed for a short period before they placed it back.

They keep on making the filter looser and looser but the problem is that it is their period. As long as it is working off of even 1% then there is still a one percent chance players will be match off of the side they are on rather than the levels which is unacceptable.

Epic  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> 2 vs 2 balance
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition