Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Skill Overhaul (Part 1) - Core Upgrades/Unlocks

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Skill Overhaul (Part 1) - Core Upgrades/Unlocks
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/11/2014 4:51:10   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

This is a small part of a much larger skill overhaul idea. A 50,000 word suggestion might be a bit overwhelming so I'll separate it into small fragments, with the more vital aspects first. I would greatly appreciate feedback from the community.

SKILL CORE UPGRADES/UNLOCKS

Goal: Increase skill/core reliability and usefulness in combat, as well as loadout diversity by encouraging the use of cores that are currently underrated or ignored completely.

Requirements: A small revamp of the current chance system (increasing the % limits in most cases) and A LOT of coding. ^_^

How it works: Players can start off with a certain core and upgrade it to stronger versions of itself. For example, let's assume that the limit of Deflection has been raised to 50%. A player who decides to use a strength based build with low technology may elect to use Aim Assist to improve his/her chances of getting a clean hit with a sidearm. The default Aim Assist is set at 7%. This particular core, however, has 10 sets of increasingly difficult challenges (i.e. Win 10, 20, 30, ...100 battles using a sidearm with Aim Assist equipped in the final attack). The completion of each challenge increases that core's percentage up to a maximum of 17%. Once unlocked, each level of Aim Assist (for sidearms) will be available even if the player purchases a new Aim Assist core for a different sidearm. The Aim Assist for auxiliaries will have to be upgraded separately through it's own challenges.

Other Examples:
Ninja Reflexes (default = 4%) would have a maximum of 14% at level 10. Challenge: Block enemy's melee attacks 10, 20, 30, ...100 times.
Gun Mastery (default = 4%) would have a maximum of 14% at level 10. Challenge: Deal a critical damage with any sidearm equipped with Gun Mastery 5, 10, 15, ...50 times.
Deflection Shield (default = 6%) ...maximum of 16% at level 10.
Frost Aura (default = 11%) ...maximum of 21% at level 10. Challenge: Inflict FrostBite on an enemy 5, 10, 15, ...50 times.
Critical Heal (default = if <20%HP, do 20% heal) would increase to 30% (if <30%HP, do 30% heal) at level 10. Challenge: Perform a Critical Heal 10, 20, 30, ...100 times.
Nanosteel Armor (default = 8%) ...maximum of 18% at level 10. Challenge: Survive incoming critical damages 10, 20, 30, ...100 times.

You get the idea. Of course, this is not limited to passive cores. Active cores such as Armored Roots, Energy Storm, Growth Serum, and many others will each have their own respective increases in potency as well as unique challenges.

...and as icing on the cake, for each core a player fully upgrades/unlocks, an achievement is awarded.
Epic  Post #: 1
8/11/2014 5:29:07   
FameFortune

not supported
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Skill Overhaul (Part 1) - Core Upgrades/Unlocks
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition