Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Stamina Points: Precise Overview

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Stamina Points: Precise Overview
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/14/2014 11:26:39   
Remorse

What is it?

Stamina Points is a rage like bar with a numerical value of 500 (full) set to it. ( Click here)

This bar is given to each class in the same value and used up by certain skills that will have a Stamina cost assigned to them.

These skills include:

-Assimilation
-Battery Back-up
-Energy Parasite
-Static Charge
-Static Grenade
-Static Smash
-All cores with an energy cost.
-Possible others for later future use.

Like rage, Stamina Points is not a stat and thus can not have the base amount increased.

When you do not have enough stamina to use a skill/core you will not be able to, until you regain the amount required (see below)

The stamina cost of these skills and cores will be determined by the level and power of the skill/cores, but here is a visual idea: Skill Maxed Out---- Skill level 1
Weak Core Cost---- Strong Skill Core

How Do you Gain Stamina?

At the start of each turn you regain back 20% of the max base which is 500, so every turn you regain back 100 stamina for you to use.

Logic wise, you "catch your breath" or "you're rested" meaning logically gaining back stamina for resting makes perfect sense.

Why is it useful?

Currently with the passive to active change combined with multiple other changes there is high constraints on energy and creating stamina points will help release pressure in two ways,
-Cores no longer cost energy
-Some skills that drain energy have a cost limiting the abuse and spamabilaity.

Why not just change energy?

The problem I believe is the currently free costing energy drains which are highly spam-able and have almost no downside, this forces the player pretty much into using drains just so they are on the same ground as the opponent and leads to builds with less reliance on energy to become overpoweringly strong (STR builds).

Giving cores and free costing skills can only be easily achieved through the creation of not an overly complex feature, stamina points.

Is it too hard to do?

I don't believe it is, it shouldn't be any harder to make then rage was as it works on a similar principle, I also feel the amount of issues it helps with is so immense it is easily worth the time to create it.

Other balance Issues Stamina Addresses:

-Reliance on energy
-Skills having no downside maxing except for used skill points
-Heal/Energy looping
-Infinite energy draining
-Overpowered/Underpowered cores (the cost determined by power feature will bring the stronger ones down to average and the weaker ones up)
-Overpowered/Underpowered robots (same reason as cores)
-Overpowered/Underpowered currently free costing energy drains (same reason as cores)
-Energy drains costing energy, emp, atom, buff (If the other skills cost stamina then the ones costing energy have a new advantage)
-Underpowered skills (creating stamina creates new opportunities to buff skills more effectively then before)
-Many more!

What do you think?

< Message edited by Remorse -- 8/14/2014 11:49:43 >
Epic  Post #: 1
8/15/2014 0:44:31   
FameFortune

Unfortunately I do not support. This would change the game in a way that would make me not want play it anymore and it's probably too hard to implement. I feel as if getting passive skills back have a higher chance of happening than a stamina implementation. If something that big had a good chance I'd do more about getting passives back.
Post #: 2
8/15/2014 5:16:19   
Remorse

^ I see,

Well could you perhaps some reasoning as to why you don't like the change?

What about it do you not like?
Epic  Post #: 3
8/15/2014 5:52:59   
FameFortune

The fact you need to spend stamina to use free skills. I do not mind if its for weapon cores.

< Message edited by FameFortune -- 8/15/2014 5:53:53 >
Post #: 4
8/15/2014 6:28:34   
Remorse

^
How is that a bad thing?

Giving it a cost means it will have to have strategic decisions attached to it.

Currently their is no reason not to use it,

Similar to this was the reason why passive was removed so something has to change.

Stamina only restricts consecutively using these skills, so you can't spam them as much but it won't stop you from using them.
Epic  Post #: 5
8/15/2014 15:48:45   
Justingbieberfangirl

Supported and this could actually fix some other few problems not mentioned such as passives cores having NO DRAWBACK what so ever.
(E.g. if you use a strike when you have Lucky Strike core equipped it would drain 10 stamina points)

I would love this game to be a waayy more tactical and planning based but it is aimed for 10* year olds who just want to look cool. Seriously stata wise ed has over 1k SAME WEAPONS (with few exceptions which have locked cores on them)

(*This is why the key system was removed from ed(When you purchased var you got keys with your pack from which you could choose what you wanted. I think charfade said that is was really painful to try to explain to the kids mom on how the keys work.)

But I dont think this will EVER get implemented as 84 days ago on their livestream they mentioned that a balance tool which rabble has been working on will be finished soon meaning that we can have the normal ed balance back... hopefully...

Also there would be some issues such as the tutorial and people who have played ed before and are restarting/playing on alt are going to gain even greater advantage.
Not even talking about npcs and how all of them should be go through and checked if the npc is still beatable.

Conclusion:
Is this something which would be cool and helpful? Yes.
Is this realistic? No.
Post #: 6
8/16/2014 4:36:21   
Remorse

^ They made rage to deal with tanks,

And it turned out to be a cool feature which has added more fun to game play.

I wouldn't say adding this to solve many issues just like rage which would also add to game play, be called, "unrealistic".

Since it has happened in the past,
Perhaps it's not something for the near future because they are busy with the balance tool but it is still a suggestion for the future.
Epic  Post #: 7
8/17/2014 2:45:13   
  Exploding Penguin

Took a while for me to get to this cause for some unknown reason, I felt like avoiding checking this thread out. Upon reading it, however, I was quite refreshed cause IMO it's a great suggestion. Here's why I think so:

Free-cost skills are pretty much entirely cooldown-based. This makes for extremely monotonous fights because I literally know exactly what my opponent is going to do every 5 turns...battery backup. I also know that pretty much every 4th turn they'll assimilate.

The MAIN reason why I support this though, is because energy flow is currently a humongous factor in the current meta, making control of it an essential factor in winning fights. With a new resource like the suggested stamina bar which regenerates itself, people can play more strategically by managing it, but that's not the best part. The best part is that there could be future skills/cores made which will affect stamina, therefore affecting energy flow control and further developing how intricate battles are and opening up limitless possibilities in strategic play. Right now my BM build focuses on managing the energy flow of the battle extremely well, but if stamina were to be implemented and some skills/cores which alter stamina flow are made, then I could entirely modify my build to control stamina as a resource rather than energy as one, which would have its own perks and drawbacks compared to the alternative. Or, rather than having complete control of one or the either, I could create a build which controls a bit of both and creates a juggling act. Balancing this would probably be a huge task but implementing it would probably be more notable of a change to battle mechanics than what Gamma has done. Robots and focus changed a huge portion of the meta and made it way more fun for the most part, and I don't doubt implementing a new resource like stamina would change it even more than the introduction of focus builds did.

The possibilities of different strategies, builds, and core combinations should stamina ever come into existence in the game are endless.
Epic  Post #: 8
8/17/2014 5:30:40   
Remorse

^ I am very glad you feel this way exploding penguin,

Because this is how I feel about it, and is why I have been probably over advertising it.

Some other potential uses:

Endless duration shields!:
Basically they could make shields that instead of costing initial energy they could instead drain stamina each turn that it remains active until the player decides to turn it off at which point the stamina cost per turn would stop occurring. ( They could apply this to shadow arts making it a useful skill, since it is in desperate need of a change)

Buffing intimidate: Intimidate is a hard skill to buff at the moment but most of us would agree that is is missing something, that something could be a small debuff that reduces the amount of stamina the opponent gain back per turn.

STR based skill spam control: It could cost small stamina costs (very small) to use STR based attacks (except for sidearm) giving more of a reason for the STR builds to monitor how they spam STR attacks and giving more counter play for those versing them.

Buffing Adrenaline boost: Similar to intimidate it could have an opposite effect were it increases the amount of stamina you get for a few turns.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 8/17/2014 5:33:59 >
Epic  Post #: 9
7/3/2015 14:35:34   
nowras

I support this but i think stamina should be called Dark Energy would be better :)

Massacre builds would come back to life
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Stamina Points: Precise Overview
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition