Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Separate Passive Skill Tree!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Separate Passive Skill Tree!
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/7/2014 3:59:48   
Remorse

^ Some Great ideas there penguin,

My favorites are :

quote:

-Barrier Charge: A small % of damage blocked by shields whose source is this person (meaning any shields the CH casts, including skill cores, and including shields cast on allies) is stored. On the user's next static charge, their static charge will recover bonus energy equal to the stored charges.

quote:

-Rageborn: You lose the ability to rage. Instead, your rage meter is transformed into a status bar like HP and EP. Taking damage and dealing damage both increase your rage bar by a very small amount. Dealing critical hits on enemies increases your rage by a larger amount. Stacks of repeated blows (mentioned in an earlier post) increase your rage gain. Being blocked or deflected causes you to not gain any rage from that attack. Lionhart bot special and adrenaline both give you a decent amount of rage. Once reaching max rage, your rage will drain back to 0 over a span of 2 turns, and you will be healed for a % of your max HP once this happens.

For this one I really like the healing concept,
Perhaps it would be simpler, if it simply switched the rage from being an attack to being a automatic heal.
And work the same way as raged in gained now including the bonuses from cores (the synergy with this and the lionheart bot might actually make the bot useful)

Don't be afraid of strong synergies between some passives and cores and robots/skill.

Because as long as their is a way to counter it then it shouldn't be a problem, in terms of this particular synergy you can simply counter it with a rage drain.

I will add some when I get a better time to think them through and balance it.

I'm not sure how I feel about stacking primary damage style bonus passives, perhaps my bias for being anti strength and attack spamming is kicking in.

If you can think of more ways to counter this style of consecutively attacking then I would definitely consider adding them.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 9/7/2014 4:00:22 >
Epic  Post #: 26
9/7/2014 14:23:12   
slumbering insomniac

without a doubt the best idea I've seen yet, please make this happen!
Epic  Post #: 27
9/7/2014 17:37:24   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

If you can think of more ways to counter this style of consecutively attacking then I would definitely consider adding them.

You could make the melee attack/strike steroids have easy ways of getting them disrupted via stun skills or forcing heals if they stack consecutively but the stacks can wear off, or I guess you could make the damage scale off of support and otherwise be ridiculously weak if the user has no support.

Merc:
-Thick Armor: All strikes and skills which "strike" (including debuffs, assimilation, energy parasite. Does not include skills which do not play the strike animation such as cheap shot or dobule strike) deal a set amount less damage. This value increases with level.

TM:
-Rewire: Rewires all strikes and skills which "strike," DOUBLING reroute's effectiveness when receiving damage from them.

BH:
-Dense Smoke: The block chance increase for yourself and the block chance reduction of the opponent which comes from the dexterity debuff are doubled (a smokescreened enemy has a higher chance of being blocked by you. This passive takes that boosted block chance granted from smokescreen and doubles it).
-Counter Strike: Blocking an attack returns a % of the damage that would have been dealt back to the attacker.
-Parry: Sword only. Blocking an attack negates 100% damage instead of 85%, and returns a % of the damage that would have been dealt back to the attacker. This stacks additively with counter strike. Also, parrying an enemy melee attack will disrupt any self-buffed stacks from melee-based passives (for example, parrying a melee attack will reset repeated blows' stacks). Note that parry will NOT reset debuff-based stacks on yourself.

TLM:
-Rapid Regeneration: Being hit by a melee attack triggers rapid regeneration. Rapid regeneration doubles the passive heal-per-turn effect mentioned in a previous post for the next 2 turns. Rapid regeneration cannot trigger more than once every 4 turns.
-Thorned Armor: Reflects a % of damage received from melee attacks back to the attacker. This % is calculated before calculating damage mitigation caused by defense/resistance and other buffs on the holder of this passive

BM:
-Harden Veins: Hardens your blood before being hit by melee attacks. Reduces a large amount of damage taken from bleeding sources (but not poison). Halves the speed at which melee-based debuffs are applied to the holder of this passive.
-Cripple: Intimidate or other debuffs provided via skill cores consume all rend stacks and cripple the opponent as well, PERMANENTLY reducing their melee damage by 1% per stack of rend. These stacks cap at a total of 25. Using field medic will cure stacks of cripple equal to the amount of skill points put into field medic (meaning a level 1 field medic heals 1 stack of cripple, a maxed field medic heals 10). Additionally, each stack of cripple lowers the opponent's block, critical hit, and deflection chances by 0.5%.

CH:
-Static Field: Causes a static field to emanate from the holder of this passive. Static field causes any attackers to take damage when they use melee attacks. Static field's damage scales with technology.
-Field Charge: Using static charge empowers static field. Every time static charge is used, static field's damage is increased by a small %. These stacks do not cap.
-Drain Anger: Static charge now removes a % of the enemy's max rage from their current rage.

quote:

Perhaps it would be simpler, if it simply switched the rage from being an attack to being a automatic heal.

I did not specify, but I meant that you lose your ability to attack with rage, and as soon as you reach max rage it automatically triggers the heal no matter who's turn it is.

quote:

I'm not sure how I feel about stacking primary damage style bonus passives, perhaps my bias for being anti strength and attack spamming is kicking in.

I actually thought of many of those as ways to let people use melee attacks or strike without needing strength to get some desired effects out of it. Most passives that I suggest which stack infinitely are geared towards a playstyle where people try and prolong matches a bit so that after a certain point they become godly, like how IA is.
Epic  Post #: 28
10/23/2014 14:19:36   
slumbering insomniac

anyone know if staff are considering this?
Epic  Post #: 29
10/23/2014 14:22:21   
Ranloth
Banned

No, we are not considering returning passive skills - either the way they were, or into a separate skill tree.

< Message edited by Trans -- 10/23/2014 14:25:49 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 30
10/23/2014 14:31:11   
Remorse

^ Let me go ahead and take the word "Skill" out of the description then it will technically be allowed,
Since, passive cores exist because they don't have the word "skill" in it's description....

My suggestion are no way asking for skills,

These passives are not level up-able, they are one off mini passive buffs, and are therefore in the exact same category as weapon passive cores.

So please explain to me how you can exclude an idea that is identical in logic as already existing content?

I am sorry, but I am not the type of person to accept things as they are when a proper explanation is lacking, I like to understand why...

Also adding to this frustration is the fact that they are potentially excluding one of the few concepts that will actually make the game enjoyable again.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 10/23/2014 14:38:38 >
Epic  Post #: 31
10/23/2014 14:41:17   
Mother1

@ Remorse

You might want to ask a Mod not to lock this thread seeing as it was bumped after two weeks of inactivity.

But on another note I guess is they don't want anymore free skills that don't require turns becoming must have skills on any form of skill tree. Don't hold me to it, but that is just my guess to why they won't bring back passives to another skill tree.
Epic  Post #: 32
10/23/2014 14:48:05   
Remorse

^ The point is mother,

My idea does not result in that scenario at all.

You pick from a range of one only investments that would have equal opportunity cost between each other.

Meaning their are no "must haves" when you are comparing apples with oranges.

They way I see it, it is no way different from passive weapon cores, except this version is class exclusive, giving identity back to classes.

Also when you mention must haves this only becomes an issue when their variety choice is low to begin with, having a full tree of these passives would mean it would simply add variety as each build would require different things.

ALSO!!

Adding this idea would remove must have skills currently in skill trees now in the form of 0 energy costing spam skills...

There are particular skills now that have the same "must have" requirement as old passives ever did.

If anything my idea would remove the "must have issue" as it would remove the need for these broken skills in the first place.

This current energy exchange meta is extremely broken and bad for gameplay and the skills allowing for it's abuse should be removed (battery, statics, etc.)

Are they so blind as to see that they have not even solved the issue by removing passives?

Why leave a clean up attempt unfinished?

More on that, why exclude ideas that don't add to it and in-fact could lesson the issue?

P.S

If a mod is reading this, could you consider leaving this thread open as I feel the discussion could bring valuable insight into the issue.

I would at least like an acceptable answer as to why my post should be locked, rather then Nightwraiths's quote when the counter argument I have put forward both nullifies this and is unanswered, thank you.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 10/23/2014 14:56:51 >
Epic  Post #: 33
10/23/2014 16:08:16   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

Hi everybody,

First of all, I'm locking this thread since posting in a dead thread is a violation of the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules. Posting in dead threads is considered spam and may result in warnings.

Secondly, I've kept my eye on this thread and allowed it to remain open. There's clearly a lot of thought and passion behind these posts and that's exactly what I love to see. However, after personally talking with the ED team, the message is clear: Passives will not be returning. If you wish for further explanation, please contact the staff directly.

Just to be clear, this post was not locked based on its content. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thanks,
Battle Elf
ED GD Archknight
AQW Epic  Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Separate Passive Skill Tree!
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition