Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= Design Notes September 12th, 2014: Void Pirate Next Week!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Design Notes September 12th, 2014: Void Pirate Next Week!
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/12/2014 22:54:55   
Skurge
The Dealer

quote:

Void Pirate coming to AQW & OS Next Week!
Posted on September 12th, 2014 by Nulgath

TLAPD is coming so be ready to get your Void Pirate in AQW and OS!

Character Release coming next week:
  • Void Pirate
  • Gamma Pirate
  • Beta Pirate

< Message edited by Skurge -- 9/12/2014 23:12:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
9/12/2014 23:00:35   
The Jop

Why is AQW getting top billing even in OS design notes? Surely something from a different game should be mentioned after the release of the game I'm actually on the website for.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
9/12/2014 23:14:54   
Gorillo Titan

It was meant for AQW but he decided to bring it to OS Nulgath is full time AQW now.
Post #: 3
9/12/2014 23:53:38   
DarkLore

Well that sucks!! Nulgath is back in the AQW phase? He really wants OS to die huh?

< Message edited by DarkLore -- 9/12/2014 23:55:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/13/2014 0:09:36   
Gorillo Titan

Its best Nulgath spends his time on projects that really matter OS isn't that OS made 2 years today.
Post #: 5
9/13/2014 0:15:29   
elite dark slayer

OS was his project! He was really into it and even played undercover a lot! I have a feeling he's not given up.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 6
9/13/2014 0:37:49   
The Finnish Phoenix

I'd like to think of it more as alphabetical order than top billing, but maybe that's optimistic. Anyway, Gamma Pirate and Void Pirate, guys!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
9/13/2014 0:55:13   
Gorillo Titan

You guys need to stop bringing up what happen 2 years ago Nulgath could of did a lot of stuff when the game first started it was kind of a necessary thing but its been years since he even logged on OS. VP isn't that visualy appealing to me it needs differnet color clothes are something just make it less of a reskin of beta pirate maybe.
Post #: 8
9/13/2014 1:11:25   
elite dark slayer

What are you talking about? VP looks hilarious!

Edit: Dilligraphy logged on for a moment just now

< Message edited by elite dark slayer -- 9/13/2014 1:55:49 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
9/13/2014 6:32:21   
megakyle777

Look, I'm tired of the complaints. if you want OS to live, get people in game and to pay for the game. How many of you have actually brought SG recently? Even the smallest amount? Or playing for anything more then the most recent char? I haven't.

I'm right there with you. It sucks and I want OS to live. But the only way we can get OS to live is if we get people PLAYING AND PAYING. Complaints at this point will do jack stuff.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 9/13/2014 6:33:07 >
DF  Post #: 10
9/13/2014 6:33:44   
elite dark slayer

I JUST remembered what VP's bade reminded me of! The force sword animation of soulweaver in DF! And more off topic, earth elemental is great! A very defensive powerhouse.Really fun to level!

< Message edited by elite dark slayer -- 9/13/2014 6:35:33 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
9/13/2014 6:40:56   
Elite Tuga

Nulgath has little time for us, thanks to AQW but it shouldn't be an exception to completely disregard OS. Hopefully he will keep making us new characters at the minimum. Just a shame that the last 5 out of 6 AQW Poll char's winners will take very long (month's) to come around at this tedious rate.

P.S. I like the new Void Pirate look (although they could have given him a new jacket LOL), anyway just hope he's the Master form of the previous seasonal Pirate & equipped with a better deck & i'd be satisfied for now.

P.S.S. Megakyle777 does have a point, we need to complain less & continue to do more in what we can.

Epic  Post #: 12
9/13/2014 7:13:45   
Gorillo Titan

Void pirate is a Standalone character gamma is the rank up void pirate should rank up to void captain like in AQW though.

No one wants to spend money in OS anymore ranking up hard to rank up characters is a waste of money to a lot of people and we have to deal with people who tell people not to play cause its a waste of money.

OS, just to expensive of a game with most of the players being kids who don't have jobs.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 9/13/2014 7:30:05 >
Post #: 13
9/13/2014 7:46:17   
Elite Tuga

quote:

OS, just to expensive of a game with most of the players being kids who don't have jobs.

That's not enough of a good excuse, Titan. Look at how successful and luring AQW is for these "jobless kids" & over there they most probably do near enough anything to get their hands on money to pay for membership(s) ranging from $19.95 (3months), $39.95 (6months) & $57.95 (12months). That said Oversoul isn't expensive & it's far from it, what you mean is that OS hasn't got much to do to keep new/old players very entertained, therefore players spend less or near to nothing, those are two different things.

quote:

No one wants to spend money in OS anymore ranking up hard to rank up characters is a waste of money to a lot of people and we have to deal with people who tell people not to play cause its a waste of money.

If players can invest on other AE games without an issue, I don't see a problem for OS other than theres not as much things to do here. Without investment no game can survive, we all know that. If we want it to prosper we all should contribute if we can afford too.
Scaring off new players by saying "it's a waste of money to invest in this game" is not helping the community numbers grow. You guy(s) should know better.

< Message edited by Elite Tuga -- 9/13/2014 8:42:36 >
Epic  Post #: 14
9/13/2014 7:57:25   
Gorillo Titan

Tuga didn't you say you haven't spent any actually money in OS?

Shoot all the old players have everything no reason to buy large sums of sgs anymore unless you can find someone willing to buy a bunch of sgs just to help keep the game alive and then having to tell them it could take years for there investment to mean anything.

We are in a circle OS needs constant releases the players can't do it alone we pretty much have to lie to get people to play now.

OS won't advance without several big things us working with the "OS TEAM" to get more players by them releasing constant updates and us telling people to play if both sides aren't on the same wavelength its just a waste of time on both sides. Us getting new people but no new updates coming just means the new players will quit and us not working to get new players will just have warlic and Nulgath slow down producation again.

I know we all agreed to have OS releases slow down if it meant we got big updates but THE BIG UPDATES aren't coming lol.
Post #: 15
9/13/2014 8:21:39   
Elite Tuga

quote:

Tuga didn't you say you haven't spent any actually money in OS?

Yes, because i've been doing survey's in my spare time, but at any given moment I can change that & decide in paying with real money to help out that little extra. Theres no time limit to investing money in a game, as long as we all do it at some point is what matters, if we can afford & wish to help out of course.

quote:

We are in a circle OS needs constant releases the players can't do it alone

I understand your point that we can not do this alone, but if we do our part first then maybe we will just about convince the Dev's to do their part, second. After all one side has to "kickstart this situation."

quote:

we pretty much have to lie to get people to play now.

It's better to lie sometimes as long as it's in a positive way & it also depends on what it is, IMO. I say this because if we wish to ever see a chance of numbers growing community wise then we will have to continue being positive like we have been for the last 2 years towards the new comers if we wish to see any improvements. Pessimism won't get anywhere, although we do have our reasons we can't give up now after all the handwork & time we spent here in OS. You of all knows that.

P.S. I'm done discussing this issue, I just hope we don't give up this OS fight until we win.
Epic  Post #: 16
9/13/2014 8:25:14   
megakyle777

quote:

I understand your point that we can not do this alone, but if we do our part first then maybe we will just about convince the Dev's to do their part, second. After all one side has to "kickstart this situation."

This, pretty much.

If we want OS to live, we need to get people here.
DF  Post #: 17
9/13/2014 8:25:54   
Gorillo Titan

We actually do have a time limit each month they have to pay to keep the servers going meaning each month they lose money they need to make enough money to keep servers going and pay the DEVs. We already started its just not going well.
Post #: 18
9/13/2014 8:54:43   
Sinister Ace

quote:

We actually do have a time limit each month they have to pay to keep the servers going meaning each month they lose money they need to make enough money to keep servers going and pay the DEVs. We already started its just not going well.

Time limit or no time limit we all should help out whenever we can, it's better late than never. Other AE games like AQW make so much income they can pay for our OS expenses, so that's not much of an issue until OS develops into something bigger & more expensive.
Post #: 19
9/13/2014 9:22:46   
Gorillo Titan

It was confirmed each game funds its self OS not bringing in large sums of money means it doesn't have the money to pay a bigger team to work on it. Small sums of money over a long period of time won't change a thing we need large sums over a long time I've played OS since 2012 october it was a slow decline as releases slowed down and the number of people quit. I can even remember back in early 2013 as many of the player talked about how OS was lacking as far as features and quest and back then it actually made at least 5 times as much since the community was still over 200 people at any given moment.

Now speaking hypotheticaly if OS was to get a massive game release not just puny quest but a huge reboot adding in the final element and elemental resistance and a massive release of characters for the chaos element and something to satifisy the people who quit the game it could get more people but it would have to happen at one time rather then spread out bigger releases mean more people small releases over time mean people either get tired of waiting or forget about the stuff that was suppose to come and don't come back.
Post #: 20
9/13/2014 9:31:25   
The Jop

They went back to Herosmash to help it, so I don't see why they can't do the same thing for Oversoul. I guess the time they invested in it didn't pay off because it's basically dead now and they're giving people infinite membership. But a lot more people were interested in Oversoul than Herosmash when it first came out, so they should at least try to bring Oversoul back. Herosmash at least had all the features it had planned before it was abandoned, and Oversoul also deserves that much.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
9/13/2014 9:37:12   
Gorillo Titan

HS was an easier game to program anyone who worked on AQW could easily transfer to HS and not need anyone to teach them. OS on the other hand completely differnet and Rolith only wants to work on mobile games now and warlic is a mystery impossible for players to contact him but artix and other AE staff tend to tell us what he's doing like right now he's at least working on idle Dragons. So both of them can't train anyone.

Whose complaining I was just saying the facts OS can't move ahead unless some decides to train people to actually keep up with the game updates which isn't very likely to happen.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 9/13/2014 13:51:26 >
Post #: 22
9/13/2014 9:55:07   
Andlu

Like I said before. HS had tons of staff. OS had like 5? Anyways, we should not really be complainning about anything. Nothing will help right now, except for "money and more playerbase"
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 23
9/13/2014 13:52:21   
Gorillo Titan

Whose you guys favorite season and seasonal character?
Post #: 24
9/13/2014 13:55:45   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

All the stuff from October.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Design Notes September 12th, 2014: Void Pirate Next Week!
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition