Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Anti lost connections ideas

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Anti lost connections ideas
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/24/2014 23:43:27   
youbo

Don't you hate it when your partner just leave for no reasons in 2vs2 or when your internet drop right when you were about to win a battle?

To counter those kind of situation,I propose the following suggestions:

-When your partner leave in 2v2,you get the control of his character and play his turns at his place with his character.If this is impossible,at least make them AI controlled.
-If you lose connection,it will simply say so. Your character stay in the battle,even in 1vs1,and the turns go on at normal(you will skip if you don't come back before your timer reach 0)If your internet come back before you skipped a turn,great!Otherwise you still stand a chance to win if you did not skip too many turns. Coming back will send you back to your battle automatically,and take back control of your character if 2v2.

AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 1
10/25/2014 12:19:48   
Thylek Shran

It could be hard to add code to grant the ability to control another character
as the active player would need all of his skill and attack buttons.
AI control should be possible but it would be a weak partner then.
DF Epic  Post #: 2
10/25/2014 16:52:31   
Stonehawk

Supported. Believe me, a "random-moves" character on your team is better than none. It's like the other player lost control of the character when he disconnected, but it still fights by itself. Sounds good.

P.S.: I do not support controlling both at the same time, I think allies have to choose what they want to do, but if you control both you are kinda in advantage for being able to think completely about both you and your allies' move at the sime time, while the opponent might have one ally that is not so smart or doesn't hear him, for example.

< Message edited by Stonehawk -- 10/25/2014 16:56:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
10/25/2014 21:02:11   
youbo

@Thylek Shran
I don't know if controling the other caracter is possible,but if not,like stonehawk said, an AI is WAY better than nothing at all.

@Stonehawk
I don't think 1 playwe controlling both is an advantage. First,you have ally chat for talking with your partner.
Also,yes, if an idiot leave and a smart guy is left,he will be advantaged but the opposite is also true,if an smart guy leave and a idiot is left,he will be dissadvantaged.
Therefore,it even out.

What do you guys think of the second suggestion?
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 4
10/27/2014 8:15:58   
Thylek Shran

quote:

-If you lose connection,it will simply say so. Your character stay in the battle,even in 1vs1,and the turns go on at normal(you will skip if you don't come back before your timer reach 0)If your internet come back before you skipped a turn,great!Otherwise you still stand a chance to win if you did not skip too many turns. Coming back will send you back to your battle automatically,and take back control of your character if 2v2.

It would make duels unnecessary long for the remaining players because of the
10 seconds for each skipped turn. There is also no guarantee that the character
that got disconnected will come back so all that waiting could be for nothing.
Most of those duels will be lost anyway for the player/team that left as only one
missed turn can make the difference between win or loss. Its easier to start
a new duel and live with that loss which is only a statistical flaw.
DF Epic  Post #: 5
10/27/2014 15:32:47   
youbo

Not longer than if the player stayed. Remenber that they wont be healing,using defense buff,or cause the remaining player to need to heal.
By experience, I can say that I could have won nearly half of the time I got disconnected,if I lost 1 turn. And most of the time,I would not even lose a turn as I generally only need to disconnect and reconnect my internet for it to come back.
Also,It prevent people from keep creating games and leaving as they will be send back to their current game if they come back.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 6
10/27/2014 18:45:15   
Mother1

I have to agree with Thylek Shran on this one.

Any while it sucks that some player get disconnected due to bad internet, laggy computers, or the system itself screwing them holding up duels so said players can come back would make duels longer, and with the small player base we have this will slow down others who are trying to find duels in the game.
Epic  Post #: 7
10/27/2014 22:05:35   
youbo

Its not like the game just stop and wait for the player to come back,everything go on as normal,even if the player don't come back,it will still be faster than a game where everyone play because the one who lost connection is not defending himself.
At the very least,limit it so that if a player skip more than 1 full turn this way,he still get kicked out if you think it slow it down that much so people who just have to reconnect to fix internet can continue their game.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 8
10/27/2014 23:20:42   
Mother1

@ Youbo

Actually it would slow matches down. When someone losses a connection unless it is one person on both teams the team that has two players left can finish off the other person a lot faster than it would be if the someone disconnected but the avatar was still there as a meat shield. Not to mention that person's extra 15 seconds wait will add up to making the duel longer as opposed to there being no one there like it is now and the other 2 players beat up the last one. While I don't wish disconnects to anyone in two vs two that fact is still stands.

Also if you have a bad internet connection and you know it why are you playing 2 vs 2 in the first place?

If you know you got a bad connection you should either

A) play 1 vs 1
B) Play Juggernaut
C) NPC grind
D) Don't play period and chat with friends

Playing 2 vs 2 when you know you have a horrid connection or a laggy computer is very irresponsible to whoever you are partnered with. We already have the system screwing people over which is bad enough.
Epic  Post #: 9
10/28/2014 14:26:24   
GearzHeadz

I would agree that the idea of placin AI would be for the best. Also be sure to allow the players to know when it becomes an AI, so the partner doesn't think they are playing with the actual person.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
11/2/2014 20:22:19   
youbo

I am pretty sure that a player that spend 5 second on turns,attacking(forcing you to spend time healing) and healing himself is not faster to kill than someone spending 15 second per turn and doing nothing.
But since people seems to dissagree with me,I am going to drop that part.

I change that part of the suggestion to the following,that should also fix afk players:
-(AI version) A player that is about to skip his second turn in a battle get an AI for that turn(instead of skiping it)and the rest of the battle. They get an ''I am back!'' button they can click anytime which let them take back control on their following turn.
If they are disconnected(not just afk),the AI take over when the player is about to skip his first turn instead.They stay in the battle and when they come back,its the same as an afk player who clicked the ''I am back!'' button.
-(If 2v2 and with other player control version) The other player get control as the start of the turn after the one afk-guy skipped. They get the ''I am back!'' button right when they skip their first turn.
If they are disconnected(not just afk),the other player get control right away.When they come back,its the same as an afk player who clicked the ''I am back!'' button.

Like gearzheadz said,allow people to know weither the player is disconnected,afk,or AI.

@mother1
What happen with my internet is that it say ''limited'' randomly with interval from minutes to a few hours. My computer is a decent gaming computer and my connection is perfectly fine except when it just drop when that happen.
It take 5 second to fix by disconnecting an re-connecting.
I play 2v2 because
A) I have missions that ask me to do it
B) I heard juggernaut is extremely hard at my level,1v1 is less fun and NPC grind is just not fun at all after the first few times.
C) ...whats the point of being on ED if I don't play period?
I am avoiding the problem by disconnecting and re-connecting by myself between every 3-5 battles but its just really annoying to keep doing that. Yes,I tried solutions I found on the web,they did not work.

< Message edited by youbo -- 11/4/2014 16:16:11 >
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Anti lost connections ideas
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition