Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= Seventh PvP Elemental Tournament - Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Seventh PvP Elemental Tournament - Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1812345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/16/2014 14:30:01   
Skurge
The Dealer

The Seventh Oversoul Tournament is now live!

• Great! Who is my opponent?
    You can check to see who you're fighting the bracket linked here: Neutral Tournament Bracket (Special thanks to Igneous for helping me!)
    Alternatively, check the following post for a running list of current duels!

• Alright, how do I face my opponent?
    Hunt them down! First, send them a PM with your available times. It is recommended that you list all times in EST. Writing "I'll see you at sundown, Saturday" is too vague and will not help you and your opponent meet your two-day time limit for completing your duels. You may also reply in this thread to set up matches. It is recommended that post in this thread in addition to sending a PM to your opponent.

• Good Game! My match is over, now what do I do?
    Post the results of your duel here! We would love to see some screenshots of your epic matches, so feel free to share! Do not forget to be courteous. We will be updating the bracket and Battles List continuously as the tournament progresses, so help us out by reporting your match results promptly.

• Who am I facing next?
    You can check the bracket or Battles List, and PM your opponent.

• What were the rules again?
    I'm glad you asked! Please check the following quote for the rules once again. The tournament runs much smoother if everyone knows what to do and what to expect. As always, if you have any questions regarding a rule, do not hesitate to post it either in this thread or in a PM to me!

GENERAL TOURNAMENT RULES AND GUIDELINES

quote:

• PvP Double Elimination Tournament. Duel invitation only, so players will have to challenge each other via the "Duel" option for each fight, one after the other. The tournament will be identical to last time (double bracket). A double bracket consists of two different sections - an upper bracket and a lower bracket; when the tournament begins, everyone starts in the upper bracket. As the tournament progresses, those who lose will be automatically sent to the lower bracket and matches will continue there. If you lose in the lower bracket, you're officially out of the tournament as you've lost both matches. The final match will be between the winner of each bracket.
  • A match is a series of 3 duels with the same opponent. If you lose 2 matches, you are out of the tournament!
  • You must win the best out of 3 battles to defeat your opponent! The higher level player should allow the lower level player to go first; if you are both the same level, decide who gets to be the most courteous and allow their opponent the initiative! In the case of a tie (1 win each), continue dueling until someone wins 2 matches in a row. Alternate who goes first between matches. If the match continues to prolong for a long time, we'll use the Poker Rules described in the previous thread. This is only to occur when the match is causing the tournament to delay too much.
  • No level restrictions. Duelists can use any level character. (Disclaimer: Participating in the tournament could mean having to face a level 20 opponent, so be prepared!).
  • IronHide CC is banned from the tournament! Duelists can use any CC cards they have at their disposal, except IronHide!

• It is very resourceful to check the forums regularly when the tournament has begun. This will make it a lot easier for both your opponent as well as yourself when it comes to arranging duel times.
  • If you must drop out for whatever reason, please post your forfeit in the tournament thread, AND also PM Skurge so they know to update the bracket and battles list!
  • To ensure that everyone has a fair chance, ArchKnights will PM you (via Battleon Forums) to indicate that your match timer has begun.
  • When the tournament starts, players will be responsible for contacting each other (either through posts in the tournament thread or through PM's) to arrange duel times. Remember, no-shows/communcation = forfeit!

• Make sure you post in the tournament discussion thread so we all know the results of your duel! Remember to be courteous in victory or in defeat. Post evidence of your match if you can. We all want to see! (Please read this if you don`t know how to take a screenshot and upload it to a site).

• Although there won't be any ingame rewards for winning, the tournament champion will get a custom made avatar for a short while!
  • All Artix Entertainment Forum Rules and Oversoul General Discussion Forum Rules apply in the tournament forum threads.

• quote:

Additional Notes:

In order to make things a bit more clear, I'll try my best to explain some of the rules said here.

• Timer:
    Opponents have 48 hours to arrange a duel. If there is no communication from one end of the participant, he/she will be eliminated after the specified time period. Please understand that this does not mean that you only have 2-days to complete a duel, rather, 48 hours to keep communication between yourself and your opponent. If my fellow AK's or I find that someone hasn't logged in for 2-days, that's a very clear indication that he/she is making little attempt to participate and you will be eliminated. Additionally, If I get complaints from the participants, that will also affect your position within the tournament. It's always best to update your whereabouts and keep the discussion going in the thread!

• When a match goes too long, what happens?
    Under normal circumstances, a match may be prolonged to an insane number of duels. If that numbers reaches 7+, we will use the Poker Rules provided in the Sign Up thread (Special thanks to Kiyone for the great idea!). When one of the AK's sees that a duel is creating inconsistencies in the bracket, we will personally PM the participants explaining the situation. If you do not receive a PM from us, simply continue the match like normal.

• IronHide/Corruption:
    The CC restrictions have been finalized. IronHide CC is banned completely, however Corruption is not. I explained the rules behind this months ago in the Beta Release Thread and have done more than enough testing to justify my choice.

Thanks,
    Skurge

• < Message edited by Skurge -- 11/24/2014 18:16:09 >
  • AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
    11/16/2014 15:23:25   
    Skurge
    The Dealer

Finals
  • Signeous vs "Shadow, Earth & Water Champion", Dylligraphy

Neutral Tournament Currently on Pause

Tournament Status updated. ~Kiyone

< Message edited by Kiyone -- 12/15/2014 1:08:10 >
  • AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
    11/16/2014 15:28:12   
    Bionic Bear
    Helpful!

Uh...I don't see my name here, but I signed up on the first page of the sign-up thread.
    Post #: 3
    11/16/2014 15:33:39   
    Skurge
    The Dealer

Bionic Bear: To keep the layout organized, a few players will have to wait until a previous match is finished before they can participate. For example, you'll have to wait for my duel with King Rogue to finish before one of us can duel you. ;)
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
    11/16/2014 15:36:57   
    Bionic Bear
    Helpful!

Oh, righto, many thanks, Skurge!
    Good luck to all!
    Post #: 5
    11/16/2014 15:53:23   
    the warden

good luck to you all:)
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 6
    11/16/2014 16:03:40   
    Over_under

Omg i am vs clinton i am gonna get rekt lol...i am level 9 aust right now half way to 10 so i can evo him
    Post #: 7
    11/16/2014 16:08:54   
    Bionic Bear
    Helpful!

^If you were to evo him, you'd really have no chance, since you'd have a level 1 character for the tournament.
    Best to level him up to 10, then keep on going, for now at least.
    Post #: 8
    11/16/2014 16:12:28   
    Over_under

Yus ik he is half way to 10 right now when i get to evo him i will try to level him up again to ATLEAST 7+ and if i do not i will use my monk or thok
    When does the torny start

Double-posting: Please do not double-post, it is considered spam and only clutters the page. Next time use the button to add in any additional information to your post. If you do accidentally make an extra post then use the button to delete that extra post. For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior. ~Kiyone

< Message edited by Kiyone -- 11/16/2014 20:41:44 >
    Post #: 9
    11/16/2014 18:06:41   
    the warden

It starts today.

Off topic comments remove. ~Kiyone

< Message edited by Kiyone -- 11/16/2014 20:43:47 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
    11/16/2014 18:18:02   
    Gorillo Titan

Cool I still have time to practice.
    Post #: 11
    11/16/2014 19:15:33   
    clintonian

Beat over_under 2-0 he had a huge lvl disadvantage
    Post #: 12
    11/16/2014 19:22:04   
    Gorillo Titan

Why not use lower level to make it fair?
    Post #: 13
    11/16/2014 19:25:52   
    Over_under

Monk was prob the best or only good neu he had and and he does not need to pity me because of my low level
    Post #: 14
    11/16/2014 19:41:13   
    elite dark slayer

You my friend, have a good mind for defeat. /sigh. MAN, I think clinton actually has a bunch of excellent neutrals, you know. You could always ask him. Ok forumites, a poll: Do you think tourneys are good for making friendships or breaking them? I know I have an EXCELLENT friendship with DarkLore after he completely wrecked me in the energy tourney.
    DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
    11/16/2014 19:45:36   
    Gorillo Titan

Using lower levels to make it fair is more fun since you actually have to use skills instead of overwhelming power.
    Post #: 16
    11/16/2014 19:52:18   
    elite dark slayer

And that, Gorillo, is especially true this time round because of the fact that many battles are gonna be interminably long. At least IH was banned.
    DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
    11/16/2014 19:55:33   
    Gorillo Titan

I know every tournament I've been in if it was a huge level gap I used a lower level.
    Post #: 18
    11/16/2014 20:26:48   
    elite dark slayer

Good to know, Gorillo.
    DF MQ AQW  Post #: 19
    11/16/2014 21:07:03   
    The Finnish Phoenix

Wow tough bracket! Elder Dragonslayer first round (Level 20 Monk) and even if I do manage to win I've got Hendrik up next. ;_; Good luck kakarot it should be a good one if our practice matches were any indicator. :)

quote:

Why not use lower level to make it fair?

Why not level up in the first place to make it fair? :P

quote:

MAN, I think clinton actually has a bunch of excellent neutrals, you know.

For sure, he definitely has multiple Level 20 Neutrals (he has a video to confirm Orc Chieftain, I've seen him with a Level 20 Thrak, and he likely has more on top of those. All the more impressive since he's a free player.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 11/16/2014 21:42:45 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 20
    11/16/2014 21:10:56   
      Kiyone

With character levels in this tourney and OS tourneys in general. If players have different levels with the characters their using. It up to the particapants descretion. if they want to attempt to match character levels of the same element. Official, the higher level player does not have to match or meet the lower player levels. So a level 20 character is allowed to face a level 1 character for example. If a higher level player wants to give a lower level player a more even level fight its their call but they will not be compensated or giving second chances if they lose.

Remember guys this is a tournament. As much as we want ya all to have a fun tourney. Theirs going to be moments do to various factors we can't control. The competition asbect may outway the fun asbect. So be cautious on that.
    DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
    11/16/2014 21:18:54   
    Elite Tuga

Well that sucks for me, I came too late to sign up. I thought we had until "00:00 Server Time, Sunday." I had forgotten about doing it earlier because I have been busy this week. If 'Skurge' could add me in (just this once, surely 1 more player wouldn't hurt) it would be great, i'd appreciate it.

If otherwise, then good luck to you all and may the best and most honourable player win!

Epic  Post #: 22
    11/16/2014 21:21:06   
    elite dark slayer

I beat Warden 2-0! No screenshots, though. He doesn't know how to do that and I can't do it on my device. I actually won against a forumite twice in a row for once!
    DF MQ AQW  Post #: 23
    11/16/2014 22:08:18   
    The Finnish Phoenix

I can see how the "entirety" could be misleading, but the IronHide ban applies only to the CC'd (1100) version which is why it's mentioned after "The CC restrictions have been finalized".

The Iron Hides that come with your characters' decks (the 1000 version) are allowed.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 24
    11/16/2014 22:40:29   
    Skurge
    The Dealer

It was in regards to the CC only, like The Finnish Phoenix mentioned. I've edited the post to clarify. :)
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Seventh PvP Elemental Tournament - Discussion Thread
    Page 1 of 1812345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition