Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AK= The Ultimate Golden Giftbox Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AK= The Ultimate Golden Giftbox Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 612345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/11/2015 19:11:37   
Kaelin

You love opening them. You savor their art, their functionality, or their min-max potential. You have wishes for new items or items that may come back, and you'd like to talk about why it'd be good see them. Discuss it all here.

Please remember that usual forum rules apply, so if you want to list some items, you need to discuss them as well.
AQ  Post #: 1
1/11/2015 20:29:06   
Luster Bladewarrior

Okay, for starters, typing from hearsay of a hearsay:
UR chance - 1 in 32 boxes.
Rare chance - 1 in 6 boxes (confirm?).

Second, speaking of kickass art, Botanical Staff looks positively eerie.
AQ  Post #: 2
1/11/2015 20:33:49   
Gitskreig

The main thing I think is needed, primarily to even the playing field, is an equivalent of Polala/Dunamis for Rangers.

Another idea could be a house item or something that gives you access to temporary items you deposit in it. Would help us 100% proc users by giving us easier access to any replacements for no-drops we use. Or, you know, adding 100% proc no-drops. That would be nice too.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
1/11/2015 20:47:11   
gubgub

I feel like everyone would be appreciative of more armors in GGBs. It has been mostly weapons for a while now.

Personally I want some shields in the boxes, maybe with stat drives; I don't think we've gotten any from the GGBs.
AQ DF  Post #: 4
1/11/2015 21:01:30   
Lord Noonien Soong

quote:

Another idea could be a house item or something that gives you access to temporary items you deposit in it.

To add on, maybe it'd let us access past rare faces our character had a long time ago as well?
DF  Post #: 5
1/11/2015 21:36:35   
poopbum

quote:

The main thing I think is needed, primarily to even the playing field, is an equivalent of Polala/Dunamis for Rangers.

^This, just this. Though from my point of view, it will mainly benefit spear wielding warriors since tonnes of armors with built-in skills happen to be FO. Plus most of said built-in skills have ranged conversion so a Ranged Dunamis will be really epic with said armor skills and ranged conversion will turn from a bane to a boon.

Speaking of which I believe the Poelala pet should return, for it is a unique item with game changing potential. Same could be said for Gandolphin. Not so unique/useful items like Mooncrest Staff/Fire Fang can stay/go perma rare for all I care. :P

@gubgub: I think everyone will be appreciative of simply more non-weapon items. We could use more MCed armors indeed(indestructible plate comes to mind) as well as MCed spells.(e.g. Darude - Sandstorm) Shields too.(e.g. Dimensional)

One thing I am not too fond about GGBs is that while we get plenty of nice items there, said items will be locked by $$. Though since there are ways to get lots of tokens for free(and GGBs too for guardians), it isn't really $$ locked. Yet some will feel that the game is leaning towards being more premium focused.

Maybe if we get more nice items(MCed, min-maxed and/or simply unique like Rat Grenades) available outside of GGBs/packages/tokens/premiums/Heromart(though AQ's HM items are severely lacking, that is another topic) then people wouldn't think that we are shifting towards being so premium heavy.

Then again we do have MC sets and Frostval so people have little reasons to get cynical.(still said items could use a bit more min-maxing that the premium items enjoy) Also again, free tokens being handed out on a regular basis.

Some essential stuff, such as 100% proc no-drops shouldn't be restricted to GGBs and should rather be available along with all the other no-drops with the same requirements to get them. '!!!' items aren't essential so having them in GGBs will be okay.

EDIT: While it is nice to have more good items entering GGB/packages, we could also use some good items outside of GGBs/<insert premium> too.(e.g. non-premium stuff like Spell Scroll Quest) After all premiums are meant to be luxuries and not must-haves, though right now certain premium items face lack of competition which is obviously a sign of some gaps still existing....

< Message edited by poopbum -- 1/11/2015 23:20:47 >
AQ  Post #: 6
1/11/2015 21:49:16   
Gitskreig

Perhaps an idea to tide us over for armour lean gaps could be some Misc items that force a lean onto the armour you are using, albeit with a penalty (FO would take even more damage, FD would deal less). Right now an issue I'm finding is that there are major gaps in the available armours that need filling but are not (FD Ice comes to mind), so having items that could, for minimal upkeep, make your current armour have something like a 125% dealt, 130% taken, or 80% taken, 75% dealt lean until the proper options appear. These items could possibly be restricted to be incompatible with opposing leans, causing higher upkeep (so using the FD item on Asgardian would have normal upkeep, but using it on Talodosian would have an increased cost).
Just an idea.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
1/11/2015 22:03:25   
Lord Inioch

I love how you can check what's currently in GGBs, helps a lot to decide if you wanna open boxes or not!

Kemomimi-chan's #1 fan!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
1/11/2015 23:24:43   
Luster Bladewarrior

@Lord Inloch: Indeed, that feature is awesome.

@poopbum: Indestructible plate isn't even MCed so much as wildly off-balance with it's BRS and defenses - it has the worth of ~level 147 armor on old standards, but if it used the new lean system, it'd require ~PL 178 - for which "Good" is 36%.

And heh, people always are going to want more MCs. Though regarding MC'd armors, I think we already have one for each element - but not quite all levels or one for each lean, as Gitskrelg pointed out.

Fire - Overlord/Mana Dragon
Water - Druid
Ice - Horo-Show/Nemesis
Wind - Horde's Ire/Fujin
Earth - Morningstar/ Hunter(bonus: an Earth armor with Earth skill, somebody asked for that)
Energy - TaladosianAsgardian
Light - Solaris/Communicant
Dark - Nulgath/Twilight

MCed spells are indeed lot rarer though. Water, Wind and Fire are sort of covered in spell scroll quest, and there is pure Earth MC'd in Artistic Ruins, I think? But ultimately, all elements are covered, if not with MC spells.

I don't think GGBs are game-changers, or if they are at least they're less than token items were initially. Sure, Poelala and later Dunamis are build-changers, but brief look into the shops shows lot of compression or MC on power equipment, which are not vital, though they can be top equipment,(like Monolith Mace). I think last one to get as much attention was Gandolphin, though perhaps Savage Werewolf Form could compete with Dunamis, given healing's state at the time. And...that's not a whole lot, compared to gold. Cheaper than mid-level token items too.

Not a reason to not release more of them, anyway. And in the spirit of MM, a MC'd damage spell would make perfect sense for GGB item.

AQ  Post #: 9
1/11/2015 23:25:31   
nightshade229

Savage Werewolf form (return)

Legendary Zombie Form- FO, Darkness/Earth. Skill---"HP DRAIN" DOT /rounds

Legendary Biologist- FO, Water. Skill---"Drown", High damage or DOT /rounds

< Message edited by nightshade229 -- 1/11/2015 23:29:07 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 10
1/11/2015 23:29:09   
poopbum

@Lord Inloch: This is why I love IMR. The new ability to check stuff in the GGB shop makes things a lot more flexible. If you are opening boxes for a particular rare shop item but end up getting UR shop first, well if you are not interested in the UR shop you can always leave it.

And you don't have to open so many boxes to get back to the UR shop again should the future UR shop item have something you fancy this time. Same could be said for any of the shops actually. I am somebody who have saved up many common shop and rare shop purchases when questing for a particular UR, cos I happen to not need the stuff in common shops and rare shops at that time. Being able to just walk in and use one of my saved purchases to grab Solar Flair is a godsend.

This is also very good for future donation drives should we ever get one, as some of us have saved up lots of unused common shop "tickets" and thus have a large stash of gold that no longer requires opening any more boxes to access them.
@Luster: Indeed another nice thing about GGBs is that players don't have to go after normal token items which are usually much more pricy. Out of all premiums, GGBs are the least expensive ones and most accessible to non-payers.

Though out of the items you listed, some of them lack endgame tiers. Nemesis, Solaris and Hunter for instance. Spell Scroll Quest and Artistic Ruins spells being some of them. All spells are kinda covered, but usually by non-MCed version especially in the endgame.(some suffering from lower Plvl) I don't think we got any non-premium, non-rare MCed light spells yet for example. Does not help that some of the non-rare options fall into the strange gimmick category.(e.g. Whirlpool, Oversoul Cards)

Hmm a lack of options indeed shouldn't be reason not to have more spells in GGB(not that we have any normal spells in GGB to begin with, not counting summons and Gandolphin), for spells could always use more options no matter where they are from. Still will be good to have more non-premium (normal)spells in addition to premium ones.

More normal spells in GGB ain't a bad thing actually as that means more MCed spells.(preferably in the Rare shop instead of UR unless the spell is really that game changing or good) *looks at Sandblast/Sandnado/Darude - Sandstorm/Sandicane*
Speaking of DUDUDUDUDUSandstorm series, I could see it being one of the first spells to return in GGB as a compression spell perhaps.
I could see it being wind/earth compression though it could go the triple compression route that Moglord/Tribal/Ultimon has and become a spell that compresses pure wind, pure earth and a utility damage spell. Does whichever dishes out the most damage.

So against monsters with equal earth and wind resist, spell does both earth and wind for *1.2 damage.

< Message edited by poopbum -- 1/11/2015 23:57:22 >
AQ  Post #: 11
1/11/2015 23:57:44   
astherzx

i whould realy like to see a ggb version of glacial short staff and sila staff
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 12
1/12/2015 0:11:16   
Zeruphantom

^ A Golden Giftbox variant of the Sila's Staff would be interesting indeed - paired up with Poelala and Angelic Robes, that would make for a pretty OP light-spell casting session.

Thank you for 1K subs! <3

AQ Epic  Post #: 13
1/12/2015 0:13:03   
Thor

Items I'd like to see return:

Poelala pet- It's so game changing so it was needed to re-name a build because of it, indeed the best pet for a mage

Midnight Wish Dagger- Fantastic weapon for Mages, they lack Water weapons, and with its LS MC it makes it the best Magical Water weapon

Juvenile Void Dragon- Great for those Ice golems and any annoying low resistance monster, and it looks cool too

Botanical Staff- A really awesome Earth weapon for mages, it might be 20 proc but its MP regen is really useful

Magesoul- An extremly strong Magical Wind weapon, it uses your MP to power itself up, really unquie weapon does tons of damage because of it

Wrath of Nulgath- A fire version of the Sacragon series, it's a really awesome Fire weapon because of the HP sweep and luk nerfing.

Those are the items I would like to see return (mostly Poelala, Midnight Wish Dagger and Juvenile Void Dragon)
AQ AQW  Post #: 14
1/12/2015 0:45:53   
Tai280

I hope promo items like Kiss of the Amesha V or Catching Fire do NOT return as GGB because those items should be permanently rare .
AQ AQW  Post #: 15
1/12/2015 1:02:36   
zfloydz

Maybe there will be a Baby Void Dragon (90) inside of a Golden Giftbox?
AQ AQW  Post #: 16
1/12/2015 1:15:21   
JustAPlayer

Honestly, the shop could use some more unique/useful Pets, Spells, & Miscs.

After spending 6.6k tokens to get the common shop x27 times and the rares shop x3, I couldn't care less what goes into the shop. Not dropping anymore cash into this faded game. I'm done...
I didn't see it at first, but this is more/less a work around to paying 11k+ Z tokens i.e. ($30+) for a single weapon, which I would never do. But hey, got to get those membership fees somewhere...

No more Golden Gift Boxes for this guy...

< Message edited by JustAPlayer -- 1/14/2015 22:59:18 >
Post #: 17
1/12/2015 1:18:10   
Daimyo Daimyo

@zfloydz There will not be a Baby Void Dragon in GGB because there is already Juvenile Void Dragoin in GGB. Though I wouldn't mind BVD getting a level 150 tier.

I mainly want a MC spell. Ice/Fire or Earth/Wind compression would be nice. For weapons, I want something that either boosts the damage of [element] spells or lets you inflict a status effect (like Forgotten's Totem/Cryomancer Staff).
MQ  Post #: 18
1/12/2015 1:37:02   
Zeruphantom

quote:

I hope promo items like Kiss of the Amesha V or Catching Fire do NOT return as GGB because those items should be permanently rare .

But it's such a cool spell :(
Though I guess it depends on what a person's viewpoint of rare is; for example, some people want Frostval gear to return, most don't. Yes, a Level 150 Full Metal Santa would be godly but it wouldn't be fair.
AQ Epic  Post #: 19
1/12/2015 1:56:50   
The Gambler

I don't know for sure or not but, are those not able to return anyway for legal reasons? I don't know what the rules are about third part promotional items.
AQ  Post #: 20
1/12/2015 2:12:37   
Thor

quote:

But it's such a cool spell :(
Though I guess it depends on what a person's viewpoint of rare is; for example, some people want Frostval gear to return, most don't. Yes, a Level 150 Full Metal Santa would be godly but it wouldn't be fair.

Why would KoA return? It already has highest level tiers, I don't see why it would need to be revamped
AQ AQW  Post #: 21
1/12/2015 2:22:22   
Zeruphantom

^ Meh, I'd rather it be revamped so it suits the patch. Healing spells in general seriously need to undergo a rework, but then again, you're better off battling without healing at any point.
AQ Epic  Post #: 22
1/12/2015 2:44:34   
Thor

Oh that's a Nice idea, but even though they buffed it a little I hightly doubt it would be useful anyway
AQ AQW  Post #: 23
1/12/2015 4:39:53   
pRopaaNS1337

Elemental Seeker( http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=10261892). It was my favourite weapon before sweep, not just for it's ability, but for it's laconic and colorful artwork as well.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 24
1/12/2015 6:42:26   
Rafiq von den Vielen

quote:

I hope promo items like Kiss of the Amesha V or Catching Fire do NOT return as GGB because those items should be permanently rare

These items will stay permanently rare (same with stuff like Giant Killer, Emerald Wizard, Witch Hunter/Waster, the LotS items...) because unless a new contract is made with the producers (since, well, about all of these items are references to movies, except the MtG items) it would be illegal to rerelease them.

I don't say I am happy with that decision (mostly because I want Crucible of Fire or Giant Killer. Badly.) but we will have to live with it.

As for returning GGB items I would want those:
Deathbringer (I missed it, and the scythe looks so wickedly awesome.)
Vibrant Living Armor (once again, missed it, and my Rangers would love to have it, given FD non-rare earth armors are just a bit lacklustre.)
Juvenile Void Dragon (ran out of tokens before I could get it)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> =AK= The Ultimate Golden Giftbox Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 612345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition