Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= OverSoul Questions & Answers XVI - Read First Post

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= OverSoul Questions & Answers XVI - Read First Post
Page 6 of 23«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/19/2015 4:12:34   
The Jop

It should be 25% after the first 24 hours, so if something for 12 SGs can be sold back (not many characters can be) it would be for 3 SGs then.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 126
2/19/2015 4:20:04   
megakyle777

I agree 100% with you The Jop. But it's a matter to raise with the payment offices of AE or whoever runs them. Talking about it here will do nothing.
DF  Post #: 127
2/19/2015 4:40:43   
The Jop

Oh, no, when I say "should" I mean it is as far as I know. Sorry for not being clearer.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 128
2/19/2015 4:45:38   
Axel459
The Void Calls

That's not the way it currently works sadly The Jop as my Dreadfiend has a sellback of 1SG
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 129
2/19/2015 4:46:48   
The Jop

Oh, well, the Wiki's wrong then. That's a shame. People need to check their information before they put it up there. I was misled by something because of that.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 2/19/2015 4:50:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 130
2/19/2015 9:14:20   
Gorillo Titan

I decided not to waste my sgs on the bosses in the first place _-_ lol

Whats better a 1 shield, crush combo or a bloodrage?
Post #: 131
2/19/2015 9:43:00   
The Finnish Phoenix

Overall, a Crushed Defend is better because Blood Rage only gives a net gain of 200HP for 3 energy where Defend gains you 500 with or without Crush. However, where losing isn't a concern (such as when farming or PvPing with an insurmountable level advantage), Blood Rage is better because the HP cost doesn't matter, so it's essentially the same but you save a card and can Pierce/combo so you'll likely win faster. Blood Rages are generally great for farming and bad for PvP.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 132
2/19/2015 11:59:14   
Gorillo Titan

Who remembers when aquenous was a legit threat back in 2013?
Post #: 133
2/19/2015 15:43:20   
BJEBLE

You mean Aqueous? I actually really like playing as her, with a bunch of CC 525 attacks, you get so much damage in one turn because she has free 500 attacks(Sacrifice and Neutral 525) that its really hard to stop all the damage that is coming through.
DF  Post #: 134
2/20/2015 8:47:20   
Gorillo Titan

Soul wyvern can do the same with a lot more survivability.

Petrify > Freeze
Mountain Strike > Shatters

Does anyone else agree?

Also since we have time we should retier some characters. IMPO Both kings are pretty high up there with Clan King being able to kill Queen agenea do to her having some dead cards should she still be listed as top tier and who should be listed as top tier for Ice Dark elf or frost queen?

Post #: 135
2/20/2015 12:05:45   
BJEBLE

SW cannot spam 500 cards like Aqueous can, you aren't meant to, he has 4 shields for a reason which is defense. Aqueous only has 2 so she is more naturally offensive than Soul Wyvern. Couple that in with the fact that my CC on Aqueous is all 525 attacks, and my CC for SW is a healing spring and you see two very different characters. Aqueous Offense> SW Offense Aqueous Defense<SW Defense.

I think that Ice and Earth DoT and Stun cards are trying to accomplish two different things. Freeze can be used defensively, if you don't have a very good hand use it and while they're stunned get some better cards. Or it can set up for the Shatters you waiting for. Mountain Strike is not Earth's only offense while Shatter is most often the centerpiece of Ice characters decks(along with the shields). Mountain Strike is good to use when you're just trying to overwhelm your opponent with all the damage you're doing between your Earthquakes, 500s, and Crushes. Ice's Shatters are more tactical and are much more important to Ice. I think its unfair to compare the DoTs because of the roles they have in each element, and Freeze=Petrify because they each do different things.

I don't know much about Clan King but he looks pretty good so...maybe? Queen Aegea is still a brick wall to get through, so I don't know.

< Message edited by BJEBLE -- 2/20/2015 12:07:11 >
DF  Post #: 136
2/20/2015 13:24:41   
Gorillo Titan

I personally think dylligraphy would agree with me with the decks we have now petrify beats freeze easily.

Clan King OP queen whose survivability is based on how many Heal cards you can CC.

SW has the high damage output in one turn can do 3500 not counting combo stuff in one turn. Plus its deck flows a lot better than Aqueous its not really even a comparison.

Post #: 137
2/20/2015 14:02:04   
BJEBLE

But it is a comparison, SW can only pull of that huge combo like once every 5 hands while Aqueous can consistently to 1000-3000 damage everytime it plays cards. But I do agree SW is better overall, and why I like it better.

If Clan King vs Queen Aegea would be who could get the highest defense the quickest then very few people would want to play that. There's a reason that Fire and Energy exists, it's to make duels exciting instead of shields and counters and Iron Hides and Corruptions. Neutral stalling using Iron Hides might be the best strategically but if that's the only tactic people would have left a long time ago.

It is my opinion that Freeze and Petrify are equal, and it is yours that they aren't so that's that and stop talking about Card X is better than Card Y because reason Z.
DF  Post #: 138
2/20/2015 16:58:00   
The Finnish Phoenix

I agree that Clan King > Queen Aegea. Taro and the Monks could beat Queen Aegea consistently by spamming Corruptions. Queen Aegea has numerous great defences, but none of them are more efficient than Corruption, and Corruption converts a lot of energy. Queen Aegea doesn't have access to particularly good offensive resources beyond one potential Corruption per deck cycle, so it's really just a matter of time before she gets overwhelmed by Corruptions. Clan King can spam Corruptions that much better than his predecessors due to his extra copy. It's true Queen Aegea's dual-elemental so she has an extra mana pool, but Clan King also has a copy of Neutralize and can usually either gain a full 10 energy or come close due to Corruption's high cost.

As for Freeze vs. Petrify, either can be better than the other depending on the circumstances in which they're used. However, this should not be confused with equality, as the circumstances in which Freeze is better and the circumstances in which Petrify is better do not naturally occur with the same frequency, nor is the degree by which one is better than the other in each case the same. When a second turn of stun is more worthwhile for an extra point of energy than 500 damage, Freeze is better than Petrify and vice-versa for the reverse. The value of a turn of stun is a difficult thing to quantify, as it involves so many factors including: remaining DoT's, charge levels, energy amounts, current hands and other dynamics such as how dependent the stunned character's deck is on cards or combinations of cards that it won't be able to draw or put together as quickly.

Freeze was easily the best card in the game when it appeared in two copies, leading to chain stunning. Unfortunately for Ice, that was unfair, backfired, and we're very unlikely to see multiple copies of Freeze in the same deck ever again. This makes Ice characters more reliant on their single copies of Freeze and puts them under greater pressure to find a way to use it when it comes up, leading to a greater margin for error than for Earth characters with two Petrifies that can use one when it's timely and discard the other when it's not. Two Petrifies can also be used together for a two turn stun costing 12 energy and dealing 1000 damage, which is essentially Freeze + 1000 for 5 energy (basically an instant Shatter). That being said, Petrify is not as much of a factor as Freeze in decks with just one copy as this leads to the same pressures and margin for error. Freeze advances Shatters, lets you draw your next hand instantly (which also helps draw into your next Freeze), slows down your opponents draws, counters charge cards, caps their energy for an extra turn, and from what I've seen its extra turn of stun for an extra point of energy is definitely capable of being worth more a good deal of the time at a competitive level because a turn of stun has an impact on so many different levels.

tl;dr: Petrify is more of a factor than Freeze nowadays because Earth characters can have two, but Freeze is a better card (part of the reason it can't be at two).

quote:

Also since we have time we should retier some characters. IMPO Both kings are pretty high up there with Clan King being able to kill Queen agenea do to her having some dead cards should she still be listed as top tier and who should be listed as top tier for Ice Dark elf or frost queen?

I'd say Cosoma Titan for Ice since it can do more by using only shields and Shatters which it has enough of that it doesn't need to CC, so it can draw Freeze faster.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 2/20/2015 17:10:38 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 139
2/21/2015 8:50:58   
Zeldax

Anyone else having trouble logging in?
Post #: 140
2/21/2015 9:02:27   
The Jop

Yeah. I don't know why this happens so much.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 141
2/21/2015 9:08:20   
DarkLore

Notice how this only happens on weekends? At least I caught Tyrant Moose last night before this happened.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 142
2/21/2015 9:09:50   
Gorillo Titan

Its gonna be out for a while than since warlic out of commission and AE takes forever to fix OS related problems.
Post #: 143
2/21/2015 9:43:06   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

^The matter is being looked into and they will have the game back up as soon as possible. The servers going down qualifies as "gamebreaking", which pulls in the emergency code monkeys.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 144
2/21/2015 10:44:40   
megakyle777

Also, before anyone freaks out, keep this in mind: better the servers fail now when there's no release and the issue can be traced and fixed, then if the servers went down on the release of Chaos whever that comes out soon according to the coming soon part.
DF  Post #: 145
2/21/2015 10:57:06   
Gorillo Titan

Last time OS went down it was a day and a half before it got back up.
Post #: 146
2/21/2015 15:07:35   
the warden

well its up again:)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 147
2/22/2015 4:57:41   
Oslom

Hello everybody
It's been a while since I played OS the last time ~somewhere in Alpha-
What's the state of the game and which character is a good pick-up?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 148
2/22/2015 5:14:37   
megakyle777

Sometime in Alpha huh? Do you recall the last release? If not I'm just gonna label off what is available.

There are 4 quests in game right now - The Minotuar's Labryinth, found in Solace by talking to the old lady, the Ork and Ogre quests, which you need specific chars to accomplish, and the rat killing quest. In terms of rewardsm the Labryinth is the best since it has some cool characters. Meanwhile, some new elements have been released. All but Chaos is in game, now, with Chaos coming soon, so if you want to try some elements you have not yet that's a option. There are a few other dungeions like the Undead DUngeion and the Nightmare Dungeion, as well as one or two hidden spots. Deck Customisation is in game to a degree, and you can but packs for gold or SG. Finally some cool chars I'd recommend is Soul Wyvern for Water and Time Apprentice if you are going for cool animations but a weak deck.
DF  Post #: 149
2/22/2015 7:30:16   
Blackshock

Get mana guardian, he's cool.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= OverSoul Questions & Answers XVI - Read First Post
Page 6 of 23«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition