Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= DragonRider War Stories

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Collaborations >> =DF= DragonRider War Stories
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/17/2015 15:59:46   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

Cry write and let loose the bards of war!

Please remember that the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules and the Rules for Collaborations are in effect here.

1) Only one post is allowed per person. If you have an ongoing story or multiple L&L contributions, please edit them into your post.

2) Please reserve all commentary for the =DF= DragonRider War Stories Discussion thread.

< Message edited by Dwelling Dragonlord -- 1/17/2015 16:00:44 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 1
1/18/2015 15:04:34   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

Rose and Ruin

A dragonlord was kneeling, his head hung and his face buried in his hands, in front of a broken archway which now obstructed the way to the very thing it once had led. The room where the high council of the Dragonlord Order had gathered. A number of manahunters, reluctant to come any closer to their target, pointed their swords at him from a distance.

"One Dragon to bond with" A proverb used by all who aspired to become a dragonlord, it was hammered in through teachings and yearly ceremonies.

Yet here the proverb, along with the rest of the wall it was engraved in, was lying amidst the rubble of a desolated Dragonsgrasp.

"One dragon to bond with ...." The man said as a teardrop fell on the rock.

"When the time came, we joined forces with the Rose and did as they asked of us. We blocked their thoughts out and shackled those we did not put down."

"We betrayed our bond, a bond of the heart and the soul. We betrayed ourselves." He continued as a few more teardrops fell.

"Sir Baumbard, by authority of King Alteon the Balanced you are hereby under arrest!" The bravest of the manahunters shouted, "Throw your weapon away and hold your hands were we can see them!"

The dragonlord stirred, causing the manahunters unintentionally to take a few step backwards, grabbing his sword and shakily rose to his feet. The visage of the great warrior dreadful to behold, his eyes run out with tears he had cried coupled with his unkempt beard made him look like a madman with all the stability of a berserker.

"Or what?" He asked the terrified men.

"Lestrad is dead, Glumbert is dead and the Order is dead. I killed the first, you the latter two."

"You could have saved the world from evil, but instead you chose the destroy the good. No, the Order was far from perfect and corrupted to a certain extent, but rather than cutting out the bad pieces you destroyed the fruit whole."

"I know what you plan on doing to me, but I will not suffer Espina Rosa."

"Or what?" The boldest asked him.

"I came here to die with my Order."
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
1/18/2015 18:52:32   
kors

Flying Solo

Part I: Youthful Arrogance
It was so much easier not having to worry about anyone in a frantic battlefield. Keeping track of only his, and his enemy’s, status left Chronus in a slightly better position than his brethren, who all had to keep their partners out of harms way as much as possible. Really humans were careless when it came to fighting, even when heavily armored they still managed to get killed so easily.

As he surveyed the army flying a ways ahead, Chronus noted that he was not the physically youngest dragon flying to fight. Several hatchling dragons flew not too far below the much larger dragons in service of the Rose. The humans riding on nearby dragons all showed the same reluctance to fight the still very cute dragons. Rumbling growls echoed through the air to assure their riders that they would avoid killing the hatchlings as much as possible. The small hint of envy was clear to him, but went unnoticed by their partnered humans.

Chronus chirped at his elders, “You’re just jealous of us younglings! Not only am I even cuter than you, I am also just as good at fighting!” He blew a puff of smoke, eager to show them that even without his partner, even without the amulet that made their bond all the more powerful, he was just as capable as them.

Several gave a quick glare directed at him before turning back to the oncoming horde. In only a few moments the battle would begin, giving him a chance to prove himself to both the older dragons around him and Kor. “Do not push yourself too hard, Chronus,” the human riding the black and purple dragon, Ogdne, stated, “Kor would not like to see you hurt when he returns from Espina Rosa. You know that. Besides, I coul...”

The first attacks came suddenly, bursts of light and fire and lightning shot through the ranks as dragons and riders took evasive maneuvers to avoid falling at the onset of the battle. A large ball of fire separated him from Ogdne and Mritha. Chronus dove down towards the ravine like several others on either side. “Great time to rest my wings a bit! I have to admit flying would have been easier if I was full sized,” he thought to himself as he rammed a golden yellow scaled dragon.

He was the world destroyer, so what was an army to him? This was going to be easy.

Part II: Fangs
Claws swiped angrily at him, as the larger dragon roared incoherently. The dragon’s eyes briefly flashed as it’s claws struck rock. It huffed in annoyance as it readied to strike again, but Chronos countered with his magical flames.

Water poured from his mouth at surprisingly high pressure, tearing the scales off of his opponent's chest. With a surprised grunt, his first enemy fell unconscious. The young dragon flared out his wings out triumphantly, “Yeah! Take that you big meanie! Who’s next?” Chronus turned towards the mountain that housed the Rose’s draconic forces.

Chronus wished he had had the time to head to the priestess before. While water did not seem like a poor choice at the moment, he was not used to it as much as he would like for fighting a war. Once he had gained the same power for water, fire and earth that he had over the other elements Kor had drilled him almost constantly when they had time off. “We have to be ready for anything, so that means we need to know what you’re capable of,” his partner would say whenever he would start complaining, “If we had been ready, heck even if we were not quite ready, and fought the SMUDD before he nearly covered the world in darkness, we never would have had nearly as many problems as we have now. Now, give me another 20 fireballs and we’ll call it a day.”

That was a lie. Both of them had seen other timelines where others who took roles so minutely different from them but their differences did not lead to a radically different world. No doubt that in another world, a dragon that had slain SMUDD hours before him and Kor did was off fighting alone in a war against his own kind that sided with the Rose. That was just how it was.

Running was always slower than flying, especially when you were still so small. Perhaps he should have had Kor change him to his rideable form before his partner left for that detestable prison. Many of the still hatchling dragons that were with the Rose were running around like him, but it was relatively easy to subdue them. They almost seemed afraid of him. Flashing his fangs was enough to make them tense up, and a single ponce made them squeal in surrender.

If it was a more peaceful time and place, both sides would have enjoyed this game. The company of other dragons near his age was not a luxury he had often in the six years that had passed since he hatched. Perhaps once the Vind took this place and these hatchlings from the Rose they could be put under the protection of the Dragonlords instead of as prisoners of war.

Chronus felt his fangs scrape against the still soft scales around a baby dragon’s neck and stopped, waiting for the hatchling to surrender to him and the Vind. Pitiful whimpers escaped the little one, “Good enough. As long as they stop fighting us and get out of here, Mritha won’t care. Right?” He loosened his grip, and the young dragon immediately began to squirm free before running deeper into the canyon.

That was the wrong way. That was back towards the Rose. “The Rose will just patch you back up and send you out again, why don’t you realize how wrong this is!” Chronus roared. It was bad enough fighting them once, but twice or more? He chased after the scared dragon, the mane-like row of horns and bright yellow coloration separating him from several of the other baby dragons he had seen, not wanting to lose a chance at a decisive victory.

Overhead the roars of dragons echoed and distorted, becoming a constant, deep rumbling that seemed to shake the very foundation of the walls around him. The closer he got to the Rose’s base, the louder it grew. The louder it got, the easier it was to scare off the hatchlings who tried to fight him. Chasing after his prey seemed easier than before as the hatchlings started thinning out more and more.

His expectations were shattered as he felt an icy sharpness tear into the delicate flesh around his neck, and his target drew further and further away.

< Message edited by kors -- 1/25/2015 23:40:17 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
1/25/2015 23:49:28   
Sir Todd

Flight to War

"Stop flipping like that," Raese complained. "You're going to make me air sick."

"No," Trosa replied roughly. "You have to build up your endurance. I can't have my pet Dragonlord getting sick when we need to make rough air manoeuvres during this war. That would be too embarrassing."

Raese was used to his dragon not listening to his complaints. He simply took it in stride. "Fine. Just know who to blame when your scales get covered in the contents of my stomach. I had lots of moglin berry juice before we left."

The thought of her gleaming silver scales being ruined quickly made Trosa straighten her flying. Raese eased himself. "You know, it will be nice to fight alongside other dragonriders again. We haven't had such glorious battle since that time at DragonsGrasp."

Trosa roared, making Raese jump and almost lose his grip on Trosa's back. "Stop pining after that foolish order," Trosa grumpily said to Raese. "We left them with good reason."

"I know, but-"

"With good reason! Now, let us prepare for the coming fight."

Raese complied, not wishing to fight with Trosa in case one of them didn't come back. It wouldn't be a good last memory. He simply rode in silence. They would soon be upon Saellah's hideout. He couldn't wait to make that man pay. Raese thought of all the rumours about him. The awful things they say he did. It made Raese more angry than he could remember. He decided to take his mind off it. Trosa might use their mind link and find that he cares for her more than he lets on. She would never let him hear the end of it. His eyes wandered until he spied a baby dragon flying near the front of the column of dragonriders. "Ah, the hero's dragon. The famed world destroyer. I know we need all the help we can get, but what can a small thing like that do to experienced, Rose-trained dragons?"

Trosa gave a slight chuckle. "I was smaller than that when we met. Don't forget, we took down that monster that was terrorising your village. At least, we took down the one for that week. Why do monsters always seem to attack puny human villages? They don't have much treasure and they really don't taste nice. I don't get it."

Raese grins. "You should know, being a monster and all. Why do you never take me to meet your evil friends any more?"

"I gave that up," she gruffly replies. "And besides- Wait. I sense something. Its.....Bruga?"

Raese perked up. "Bruga? That dumb lizard? He never goes anywhere without his rider. I didn't know Varda joined the Vind."

Trosa almost wished she couldn't speak. "She didn't."

"But how is she here? Wait, do you mean she.....oh." He was silent for a time. "Well, I guess she made her choice. Avatars preserve us."
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Collaborations >> =DF= DragonRider War Stories
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition