Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Word "Noob"

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> The Word "Noob"
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/22/2015 8:07:44   
Zepheree

I'm sure at one point, all of you reading this have either been called a noob, or called another player a noob. I see this happening mostly in battles. I can bet that about every 1 in 5 battle, the player I'm up against will use the term noob. Personally, I think calling another player a noob is ridiculous, as everybody was once at that "noobish" level, and understanding of the game. Instead of pointing out that they're new to the game, why don't you give them a friendly tip? I guess that's just how I feel about it.

How do you feel about the word noob? I'd love to hear your opinions.

Post #: 1
1/22/2015 9:31:13   
Inkwolf

'Noob' is just what they say because the word they really want to call you is not allowed by the chat filter.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/22/2015 11:16:34   
SouL Prisoner

Hate the guy?? Too scared to get offensive?? Just call him NOOB! End of story! :)

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/22/2015 11:19:56   
King Bling

I like it how people say you noob when they win by 3 crits 2 blocks 1 stun and we with 0 luck
Post #: 4
1/22/2015 13:27:03   
Womba

Noob and Newb are two entirely different things.
DF AQW  Post #: 5
1/22/2015 15:11:14   
  Exploding Penguin

When I hear the word noob I'm reminded of how the majority of the playerbase is coming from a bunch of really immature people.

It's just downright disrespectful.
Epic  Post #: 6
1/22/2015 15:26:55   
The Jop

It's just a way to insult someone without getting in any trouble. People say it for any reason really. Just because they're in a bad mood, when they're winning, when they're losing, when they first meet someone, etc.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/22/2015 15:55:48   
Inkwolf

Kind of funny, one guy I had as a partner kept calling me noob over and over (through more than one game) because my focus-one Infernal Android got deflected and I did a rage damage of only 44 points. Then he got pitted against me, and his focus-five rage Blood Hawk got deflected and only did 57 damage on me. That was sweet.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/22/2015 22:01:41   
  Exploding Penguin

^See, the funny part isn't when it gets deflected. The funny part is when the guy just doesn't say anything or starts complaining like a complete scrub about something wrong with game balance or something.
Epic  Post #: 9
1/22/2015 23:06:17   
Sparhawk
AQW Game Moderator

Yes, the term bothers me. But you are not going to be able to avoid it. Let it wash over you. Be the better person.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/23/2015 12:27:00   
Exodasbr

Noob: A player which only a select few can aspire to be and whom many are jealous of.
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
1/23/2015 14:43:22   
Dual Thrusters

It's annoying how people can't be creative with insults these days. What do they expect to happen if they type noob every time they get blocked/deflected?

Lack of expression much? lol
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/23/2015 17:26:24   
The Jop

Nonstop Overlord and Omnipotent Being
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
1/24/2015 0:08:42   
Zeruphantom

"Noob" is a severely watered down adjective that people use when they need to vent; either because RNG hasn't worked in their favour, or because they're just having a generally bad day (often I find it's just immaturity). Furthermore, it's really sad to see some long-time Commanders and Emperors resort to calling people "noobs," a circumstance of which has occurred for me several times. To be blatantly honest, I really don't care, I just think it's immature and needless, but considering a large amount of six year olds run rampant within the game nowadays, I guess we're just going to have to live with it.

At least the mute button exists.

< Message edited by Zeruphantom -- 1/24/2015 0:09:19 >

Thank you for 1K subs! <3

AQ Epic  Post #: 14
1/25/2015 7:04:38   
Gtremmel

It's simply the most overrated word on EpicDuel.

Ex-Adventure Quest Worlds Moderator

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
1/25/2015 8:36:17   
RaXZerGamingZ

people that use this word have actually no idea what it means , a noob is someone new to a game i got called noob while i was level 15 or 16...honestly people that use this word on high level people are just pathetic
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> The Word "Noob"
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition