Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1
Page 3 of 27«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/23/2015 21:11:38   
Caststarter

Hmm... just to ask a few things myself.

According to a recent random quest run-through, I had a bonus of 40 and the enemies only had 5 defense yet in a couple cases that happened in a row, I very easily missed. How does that exactly work? Is it like that invisible chance to resist a stun even if you do not have any immobility resistance?

Also, I thought that the chance to dodge from both the top row of defense stats would be combined with the bottom row. So I used Ranger's rather useless shield skill thinking I will have about a 90% chance to dodge but got hit rather easily. Does the game need to check both of them separately which results of the chance to dodge being less than 90%? And yes, the enemy had no bonus to speak of.
DF  Post #: 51
2/23/2015 21:14:17   
11eo1

MP potion training does really need some fixing. The purple dots often don't light up until you jiggle your mouse around it for a bit and sometimes the purple trail goes haywire. I would also really love making it more like HP training simply because I do not posses the motor skills to finish all the tracings. I've spent so little time on mana training and want to spend more, but health is just so much easier.
Post #: 52
2/23/2015 21:17:34   
Ash

quote:

According to a recent random quest run-through, I had a bonus of 40 and the enemies only had 5 defense yet in a couple cases that happened in a row, I very easily missed. How does that exactly work? Is it like that invisible chance to resist a stun even if you do not have any immobility resistance?

I didn't mess with either of those so that's just bad luck. Yes though, every attack has a chance to miss. You just happened to roll two 1's in a row.

quote:

Also, I thought that the chance to dodge from both the top row of defense stats would be combined with the bottom row. So I used Ranger's rather useless shield skill thinking I will have about a 90% chance to dodge but got hit rather easily. Does the game need to check both of them separately which results of the chance to dodge being less than 90%? And yes, the enemy had no bonus to speak of.

It checks each individually. so yes it can cause that to happen. That's been the case forever though since I didn't actually change how the game rolls to check, I just changed B/P/D's numbers that it checks against. If it was Ranger in the above issue as well then that is probably from other issues in the class itself. The updated classes shouldn't have that issue.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 53
2/23/2015 21:18:38   
shadow dragon666

I figured it rolled that way good to know though, otherwise that'd be some major OP defense xD
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 54
2/23/2015 21:23:09   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

As someone who is terrible with numbers as a whole, I like this new update. It's much easier to calculate the best build. Much more straight forward and simple. It was a bit jumbled and weird for my liking. But then again, it could just be because this is explained better. I feel like it's somewhat more of a hindrance for more offensive classes, but I'll admit I've been spoiled rotten by Riftwalker.

The new layout is nice, a couple of the buttons seem a bit too fancy for my tastes, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

All in all, no concerns or complaints yet. Though I'm still experimenting.
DF  Post #: 55
2/23/2015 21:27:42   
Dracojan

quote:

People were crying foul before this that I was going to ruin the game and I didn't.
you shouldnt even joke about it. your contribution to the game is invaluable. the game is only getting better.

quote:

Every 20 luck will add +1 crit chance to the same pool as items. So if you have 30 Crit from items and 20 luck you'd have 31% chance to crit. It just doesn't show up next to the crit score like I want it to...yet. That's coming eventually though.
when confused, ask for an example.
if i have 70 crit from items, on the char panel it would be 35+5=40. so it shows as 40 and you have 200 luk. would you have 50% chance to crit or 45%?

quote:

quote:

what kind of evasion does luk give and how does it stack with already existing defences (mpm and pdb)

It adds a modifier based on the calc I made in the first post and then stacks with already implemented defenses.
does it stack multiplicatively or additively? and how will it show - a miss, parry, dodge or block?

and now for some bad news, i mean bad bugs. pets and guests dont receive the bonus dmg in old quests. pre 9.0

< Message edited by Dracojan -- 2/23/2015 21:31:37 >
DF  Post #: 56
2/23/2015 21:33:42   
Vaaren Daroes

I've played DF since 2005. I Beta tested it and have been playing AE games for 10 years now. You guys always do great work! My power-gamer mentality doesn't like that crit thing... But you guys have never steered us wrong before :D I'm open to the new changes!!!! Totally redoing some of my stats now. Off to play and fan-girl!

While you're doing UI updates, though, one thing that would be awesome to update is the tooltips in battle! Certain skills will have the name and then the little description, but the text will go off of the white space for the description. I would love for it to be updated!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
2/23/2015 21:34:34   
Slayer Zach
Yellow Fellow

Hey, look, an ArchKnight bug!

The Hero is replaced by Ash for some reason. I'm honestly not sure if it was like that before or after the update. Either way, it's a silly (and very low priority) bug. Mostly just silly.

Anywho, the new changes are interesting and open up new possibilities. I look forward to some future experimenting with stat builds. Thanks, staff!

Edit1: Another thing I've noticed is the Princess guest (5-10 damage) dealing slightly higher damage (up to 13?) on enemies with no weaknesses, despite having 0 CHA. Er.

Edit2: It's possible that the pedia is incorrect and her basic attack deals slightly more than 100% damage. :v
She deals 125% max damage, min deals 100%. It's old coding which is why it's doing stuff like that. ~Ash

< Message edited by Ash -- 2/23/2015 21:46:45 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 58
2/23/2015 21:40:29   
Ash

quote:

if i have 70 crit from items, on the char panel it would be 35+5=40. so it shows as 40 and you have 200 luk. would you have 50% chance to crit or 45%?

If you have +70 from items you'd have a total of +35% chance to crit then the base 5 for 40% total chance on hit. You'd then have +10 added to that number based on Luk for +50% chance each hit. It's all added in sequence and then added to the roll.

quote:

does it stack multiplicatively or additively? and how will it show - a miss, parry, dodge or block?

It's additively into the roll itself. For example if you have 40 Block you'd have a 30% chance to avoid that hit. (20% from the block + 10 from maxed Luk.) This occurs at every step, including M/P/M, and the very basic "did this miss because I moved really quickly!" roll that is done even if you have no defense, excluding the initial check for "can this hit?"

quote:

and now for some bad news, i mean bad bugs. pets and guests dont receive the bonus dmg in old quests. pre 9.0

The testing pet and guest I'm using that both have 100-100 with no other stats are getting the proper addition from Cha in pre 9.0 quests. I just tried a few minutes ago.

< Message edited by Ash -- 2/23/2015 21:55:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 59
2/23/2015 21:44:09   
Dracojan

^
awesome

awesome
DF  Post #: 60
2/23/2015 21:49:46   
Vaaren Daroes

With the UI changes, for weapons/armor would it possible to organize the stats better? You guys are evening it out and organizing it in the sense of the total amount allowed in an item.

But listed, it's all just stat, stat, stat, stat, stat. in a row. Maybe space em?

INT, STR, DEX
CHA, LUK
DEF, BONUS

Or something like that. Just something to give us an easier way to see em and gauge which one is better. When I'm flipping between two capes or something, it's hard to tell which one would be better for me at the time.

If everything is spaced well and listed in the same spots, I can click back and forth and juxtapose them(Or a COMPARE feature!!!!).

EDIT: Something maybe where there's a set space for item desciptions, then stats? Like some descriptions are 2 lines, but some are 6 lines. Find the longest, make a line in the UI and have it set there for every item, so all the stats are positioned in the same spot all the time

< Message edited by Vaaren Daroes -- 2/23/2015 21:52:13 >

Game Dev FB Page
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
2/23/2015 21:55:23   
Azan

Overall, I like version 14.0.1. Yes, Crit got pushed away from the realm of OPness, but it was honestly about time. We shall see if those of us who rely mostly on Crit can still one-shot war mobs, but it's a positive thing.

Though Wis nerf seems a bit... drastic. I think I'll have to use more of DL now, because a mana regen skill will become priceless in future classes.

There's one issue with that. Yes, abusing Primal Fury is bad, so we shouldn't be able to repeatedly summon Guest Dragon. However, this lock also extends to Pet Dragon. Which I think is an issue, because Pet Dragon, like any other pet, should be summoned in quests and in the middle of a battle since it doesn't have Primal Fury. So... could the lock only apply to Guest, please?

Edit: Oh, and I see you finally changed your copyright mention into 2006-2015. That's good, it annoyed me by being stuck to 2006-2012 even three years later. :P

< Message edited by Azan -- 2/23/2015 21:58:39 >
Post #: 62
2/23/2015 21:59:44   
Darius

The UI is definitely shiiiiiny! *o* Lovin' it! The brighter parchment colors in the shop/inventory and menu panes, the fancy ruby and gold buttons, the Scythe and Bacon-element icons, and all the assorted spiffied-up bits make this update super-dazzling! My eyes will have to adjust to the brilliance of it all, I'm not used to seeing DF so brightly illuminated! It hurts soooo goooood! D: :D Tomix, y u so confusing me liek dis?!

DoomKnight will be harder to play with lower MP, but I'll find a way to make it work. It'd be nice if MP potions healed more mana, though, or we had more of them to chug, but it's being worked on/considered. As for CHA and LUK being useful, I don't even use pets anymore, and I prefer pumping raw defenses over chance boosts, so it won't affect me. Having to train more WIS will, though, but I have the gold to do that.

I'll miss my 74% crit chance, but I'll manage. I'm pretty adaptable, and I do have access to DmK, so it won't be too terrible a blow to my raw damage output. It's also much easier to get maximized damage out of stats now, so jacking up my overall damage is a fair trade for nerfing my overpowered chance to crit. Reworking monster HP to reflect the fix to crit will also help matters, but I'm not even mad. If it's broke, fix it!

< Message edited by Darius -- 2/23/2015 22:00:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
2/23/2015 22:12:33   
admahu

With people talking about potions, I noticed that Health resistance doesn't affect MP potions, but All resistance does. Is this intentional (could be I guess since it's "Health" and not "Heal")? If it is, could you extend it to affecting MP potions/healing since All resistance does lower their healing?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 64
2/23/2015 22:15:10   
Ash

quote:

Is this intentional (could be I guess since it's "Health" and not "Heal")? If it is, could you extend it to affecting MP potions/healing since All resistance does lower their healing?

MP potions are affected by the resistance "Mana". That's not currently on any items. Heal actually does nothing and I'm removing it off of items and replacing it with Health as I have time inbetween fixing the couple of bugs that popped up.

quote:

There's one issue with that. Yes, abusing Primal Fury is bad, so we shouldn't be able to repeatedly summon Guest Dragon. However, this lock also extends to Pet Dragon. Which I think is an issue, because Pet Dragon, like any other pet, should be summoned in quests and in the middle of a battle since it doesn't have Primal Fury. So... could the lock only apply to Guest, please?

I'll look into moving that around. There's an issue with it right now anyway so that might give me a way to fix it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 65
2/23/2015 22:23:45   
Mordred

When Master SoulWeaver is released, I'm hoping to change my stats to pump CHA up to the max. I always envisioned the way I play heroes as being charismatic and well liked, so I'll run that with my Fiesta! Aventail, Aegis, and the Guest/Pet dragon, I imagine. I'm glad CHA finally does something, even if you may be gimped if you're forced into situations without guests and pets.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 66
2/23/2015 22:45:01   
squirrel

would you mind fixing Ultimate DA scythe of elements I can't switch back to water element, doesnt show up well.
DF  Post #: 67
2/23/2015 22:47:57   
DoomTaco

So... Now that the character selection screen (and music) look so epic and amazing, clicking in "create a new character" feel completly anti climatic, could Tomix maybe work on it for the next update? (hope i'm not asking too much, i just thought it'd be a pretty big turn-off for new players seeing such an incredible login screen and then a pretty outdated character creation screen.)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
2/23/2015 22:58:59   
Vaaren Daroes

quote:

would you mind fixing Ultimate DA scythe of elements I can't switch back to water element, doesnt show up well.

I had the same issue. Just switch to Ice, then to another random element, then back to ice. Instead, it will be water. It cycles every time you choose it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
2/23/2015 23:00:49   
Roxas45

Woof.... just checked my stats....
my mana just took a HUGE nosedive... :/ HP/MP : 1630/830 -.- -.-
and I DO Use DeathKnight as my main

Any other good strong class recommended as a main?

and Since my net connection is really slow, I can only play the game on the lowest graphic settings, and not the best.
unfortunately the new art work is AMAZING but only good on the best setting and not the lowest :/

the new art is incredible.. but its causing a MAJOR lag issue :/ I dont think ill be able to play it at all, till I go home, which is gonna be months!! :/

With the Wisdom stat change.... How do other classes fare? Classes like the Necromancer, Technomancer and the Soulweaver? (I remember that these used to be the MAIN mana guzzlers besides DeathKnight)

Excess smilies removed. Please keep it to a limit of 3 smilies per post. It is considered spam.
For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior. ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 2/23/2015 23:04:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 70
2/23/2015 23:01:33   
KombatFather1796

Did something happen to the dragons in this new update because my dragon is doing 0 damage for every attack in quests?
Post #: 71
2/23/2015 23:08:54   
Ash

The pet dragon, and any other "temporarily" summoned pets like Twilly, are bugged. (Guest's and permanent pets you equip from your inventory are working fine though) This did not show up in testing, they actually worked right on the testing server, and somehow broke when the engine was moved to the live servers. I'm trying to figure out a fix for it.

< Message edited by Ash -- 2/23/2015 23:09:56 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 72
2/23/2015 23:17:11   
KombatFather1796

Oh. That makes a lot of sense. Well, I hope you figure out the solution to this conundrum soon. In spite of that, I am really in love with the update. It is quite a beauty and something to behold. You guys did a really great job. You are really out to please the players.
Post #: 73
2/23/2015 23:22:41   
megakyle777

So, a quick question: if I put Stats in CHA, does that affect the power of the Dragon skills? Because I seem to recall that's one thing CHA was supposed to do.
DF  Post #: 74
2/23/2015 23:26:09   
Ash

Cha and Luk both affect how often he will use one of his skills, not the overall power of the effects. That needs to be updated along with a few other things within the skills themselves when we get to that update.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1
Page 3 of 27«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition