Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= Design Notes February 27th, 2015: Coming Soon: Chaos Beginnings!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Design Notes February 27th, 2015: Coming Soon: Chaos Beginnings!
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/27/2015 17:49:06   
  Kiyone

quote:

Coming Soon: Chaos Beginnings!
Posted on February 27, 2015 by Nulgath

It's almost ready, Chaos is coming! I'm making a lot of new art & there's testing to be had in the building of the New Chaos Element. Stay Tuned!

Because it's a slower process for me, it's been a while since I've drawn something out before making the final in the computer. I can see my characters and designs come out so much better when it's drawn out on paper first though.

Coming Soon:
  • Chaos
  • Fire Shinobi

• Tagged and Formatted ~Kiyone
    DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
    2/27/2015 21:55:01   
    Gorillo Titan

Anyone else think kid drakath looks like a chump?
    Post #: 2
    2/27/2015 22:17:12   
    Axel459
    The Void Calls

Maybe because he's only a kid.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
    2/27/2015 23:27:24   
    Elite Tuga

My advice to some people around here is to value things more in OS these days since the fact that we been seeing OS closer to dead than alive with hopelessness in the past.
    We need to be grateful that Nulgath & his Staff still try to make OS alive as much possible & be thankful with more appreciation/gratitude towards their efforts/hardwork.

IMO, the above is great news, great job OS Staff. I love all the artwork & I'm guessing that 'Bandit Drakath' will be the apprentice of 'Champion Drakath' just hope all the upcoming Chaos content can lure more players into game since it should be more fun to PvP. we just need to do our bit and tell more people/players, so the word can spread & help community numbers grow.

Fixed post to avoid page stretching. You can use:
    [hr]
    if you'd like to create a line next time. ;) ~Skurge

< Message edited by Skurge -- 2/28/2015 12:56:19 >

Epic  Post #: 4
    2/27/2015 23:55:32   
    elite dark slayer

/cheer. Take your time with this, Nulgath. Quality over quantity, right?
    DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
    2/28/2015 0:02:45   
    Gorillo Titan

He pretty much said characters are gonna take longer since he plans to start drawing some of them out before hand.
    Post #: 6
    2/28/2015 1:24:26   
    so0meone

Liking the look. I've been gone from the forums for a looong time (not from the game though =D), I know Chaos is still probably a few weeks (or months) out, but I'm definitely cool with waiting for it.

The cards look like they're going to be pretty cool, and actually the special cards intrigue me greatly both because of their potential effects (I took guesses based on names) and because of the characters on them. We've not had a single card portraying a character that wasn't in the game. I understand they're likely not going to be released with Chaos, but looking at those cards I see Stalagbite, Vath, Ledgermayne, Xing and Xang, Wolfwing and Kitsune.

There are some REALLY cool possibilities there. Personally, I'd absolutely love to play as Ledgermayne, and Xing and Xang have lots of potential for animations.

It also makes me wonder if the rest of the Chaos Lords might be released in the future as well. Chaos/Light or Chaos/Energy Iadoa, perhaps, possibly introducing a new Light Charge card if the former?

I think you could also have a pretty good play on D&D character alignment going here through combining it with Light, Shadow and Neutral cards (representing Chaotic Good, Chaotic Evil and Chaotic Neutral, respectively)

< Message edited by so0meone -- 2/28/2015 1:28:30 >

IGN: Peeves
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
    2/28/2015 4:45:28   
    solomi123

/cheers for nulgath
    DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
    2/28/2015 12:26:16   
    Vertigo Beast

@Gorillo

Im fine with that really, the art work looks amazing on paper there. Quality>Quantity especially considering we already have a lot of characters to work with.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
    2/28/2015 12:58:13   
    Skurge
    The Dealer

Sounds super exciting. Looking forward to some of these new cards instead of characters!
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
    2/28/2015 14:52:24   
    Gorillo Titan

How this idea a chaos war and as the thermometer rises it releases more ranks for Drakath? legendary at 100% 25 apprentince 50 veteran 75% master 100% legendary this would be a pretty cool way for OS wars to work.
    Post #: 11
    2/28/2015 15:07:43   
    LigerBeard

I wonder if there will be a Chaos character suggestion contest once it's released?

Also, I personally love the idea of Chaos in OS, but I do hope that Nulgath makes some Chaos characters that aren't merely the exact same chaos motif that is in AQW. Maybe even something similar to the EnTropy armor in DF.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
    2/28/2015 15:29:14   
    Axel459
    The Void Calls

I would love En and Tropy as chaos characters especially since Nulgath is the one who originally made them for DF. Void creatures like void dragons, elementals, giants, or other things would be good chaos characters as well.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
    2/28/2015 15:42:53   
    The Finnish Phoenix

I agree and would also love to see EnTropy and Void characters. I get that we are indeed getting the infamous "Purple Eye Chaos" given the card arts, but it would be nice if there's more to the element than just that.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
    2/28/2015 18:25:46   
    The Jop

Void isn't chaos though, it's lack of any element. And EnTropy would make sense as shadow.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
    2/28/2015 19:15:26   
    The Finnish Phoenix

I guess we could have Neutral Void Dragons then hehe.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
    2/28/2015 19:38:44   
    MentalDaemon

Kid Drakath looks so... darn... cute.

I'm very excited for the release of Chaos! I can wait for as long as it needs to release Chaos. (just don't take 3 years)
    Post #: 17
    2/28/2015 20:35:22   
    ChaosRipjaw
    How We Roll Winner
    Jun15

I wonder if future Chaos CC and cards would include the background art like this and this and also this (although I've already created a card based on that artwork :D)

< Message edited by ChaosRipjaw -- 2/28/2015 20:36:11 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
    2/28/2015 20:37:31   
    Gorillo Titan

Does anyone support my war idea?

Also all these chaos characters better fit in the story since the queen is free spreading makes sense for it in OS though.
    Post #: 19
    2/28/2015 20:45:40   
    Elite Tuga

quote:

I wonder if there will be a Chaos character suggestion contest once it's released?

I agree. I'm sure we would all love to see a 'Chaos Contest' with the privilege of choosing at least, most of the Chaos beast characters through public votes;

Carnax
    Chaos Dragon
    Chaos Harpy
    Chaos Sphinx
    Dracowerepyre
    Dragonoid
    Fluffy The Dracolich
    Hydra Head
    Kathool
    Mana Golem
    Manticore
    Naga Baas
    O-Dokuro
    Pony Gary Yellow
    Rock Roc
    Stalagbite

I hope Nulgath with time will also introduce the following Chaos characters one by one in the near future (excluding Chaos Drakath since we know he will come from the last contest);

Alteon
    Iadoa
    Lionfang
    Xing
    Xang
    Escherion
    Khasaanda
    Kitsune
    Kimberly
    Ledgermayne
    Tibicenas
    Vath
    Wolfwing
    Epic  Post #: 20
    2/28/2015 20:52:40   
    Blackshock

Honestly, if we're going for a chaos contest, then I'd rather we have more original characters so we can at least add more variety to chaos rather than just importing pre-existing characters. Helps keep things fresh and give oversoul a more distinct flavor
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 21
    2/28/2015 23:19:30   
    Gorillo Titan

I rather the chaos lords be minor characters at most we find them after there defeats and either help them or stop them in there weaken states find the 7th chaos lord as particles and asks us for help to regain his form after we do it he gains it and we get him as a character.

Adding only stuff from AQW would be annoying new stuff like chaotic griffon chaos rev chaotic dwakel engineer.
    Post #: 22
    2/28/2015 23:43:40   
    Elite Tuga

quote:

Adding only stuff from AQW would be annoying new stuff like chaotic griffon chaos rev chaotic dwakel engineer.

Most of us don't like random existing characters turning Chaos, it would make Chaos invaluable/boring in a way. We deserve the prestigious cool characters from AQW but I do agree that we also deserve to see something new (not only from AQW) like new art from Nulgath to add on to the Chaos alignment to spice things up.
    Epic  Post #: 23
    2/28/2015 23:48:59   
    Gorillo Titan

Nulgath post on his new forum he plan to draw stuff he wanted and forget what other people think.

New stuff is going to come. Not all the chaos lords need to be in OS a few of them even died.

We also don't really have a area for chaos characters to spawn at right now.
    Post #: 24
    3/1/2015 0:46:16   
    Blackshock

I think what he meant was that he finds it easier to draw characters on paper first before he renders them digitally on flash since it gives him a better idea of how it's going to look. I kinda do the same thing.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Design Notes February 27th, 2015: Coming Soon: Chaos Beginnings!
    Page 1 of 212>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition