Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II
Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/30/2015 21:17:41   
VJ

@Brascl123
I hope that fleashweaver is never introduced because my Hero's Soul Ally and he has been through so much together such as losing two good friends that he could never do anything bad to him.
Post #: 26
4/30/2015 22:14:00   
Almighty Agathor

I agree with GreenGuy23. I said pretty much the same thing in the last thread. If there is no need for Aegis, than I dont mind losing him for a class I would use more. Its pretty easy to see it that way, if you ask me. Lol

Let me ask you, does a machine such as yourself ever experience fear?!
DF AQW  Post #: 27
4/30/2015 22:22:11   
GreenGuy23

I still have a problem with devouring Aegis. That won't stop me from voting Yes for Fleshweaver. I just think they shouldn't give the character access to the class until after the Saga and any quests with Aegis are done, to make it easier on the team.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 28
4/30/2015 22:44:39   
VJ

I still don't think it is a good idea, because once done I don't think it can be undone.
I would rather it be some non-canon class, yes I know Tomix did say it would be canon.
Or maybe an alternate universe version. still be canon I think but without destroying our soul ally.

after all put yourself in his boots. he was murdered and came back as an ally only to be murdered again by the Hero?

how sick and twisted is that?

< Message edited by VJ -- 4/30/2015 22:48:21 >
Post #: 29
4/30/2015 22:51:01   
GreenGuy23

@VJ Yes, yes, it's twisted, but some people don't care. I honestly don't think that it's our place to tell those that want it that they can't have it becaue we don't want it. It's reallymore of a don't want it, don't use it kinda thing.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 30
4/30/2015 22:58:39   
VJ

Greenguy remember people wanted the mega combo ultra mismash of armors but they said in a very funny quest NO.

people wanted it but they didn't get it. so why shouldn't that be the case here?

Just because people want something doesn't mean they should get it.

< Message edited by VJ -- 4/30/2015 23:01:41 >
Post #: 31
4/30/2015 23:00:33   
flashbang

They didn't want a mishmash, they were just naming random combinations of armors.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 32
4/30/2015 23:03:15   
VJ

@flashbang
I was there
besides if that was the case the team wouldn't have came up with that quest telling players that it wasn't a good idea.
Post #: 33
4/30/2015 23:06:27   
GreenGuy23

@VJ I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that its kinda silly if the only reason it doesn't get implemented is because of some people who don't want to use it. But if the team doesn't want to develop it, then they don't develop it. I don't care whether they add it or not. It's up to the team.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 34
4/30/2015 23:09:32   
Glerax

I'm personally all for it. I'm a bit confused if people don't want it in the game; if not for yourself, I think it'd be nice to support so others who want the choice can have the choice to become a fleshweaver, regardless of your in game decision.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
4/30/2015 23:18:55   
VJ

Still it falls under they don't always get what they want type of things.
I am sure there are a few NPC class only things that we don't have access to.
people want to become vampires, werewolves, ect.

in the end I think the team will figure it out one way or another.
question is would they be swayed by people wants or if it is something that was meant to be in the game.

< Message edited by VJ -- 4/30/2015 23:19:55 >
Post #: 36
4/30/2015 23:56:29   
Almighty Agathor

quote:

if not for yourself, I think it'd be nice to support so others who want the choice can have the choice, regardless of your in game decision.

I agree with this. What gives anyone the right to say what belongs in DF and what doesn't. ONLY, and I mean ONLY the Dev's have that right, and choice. So, if Tomix is considering implementing a NEW armor, why are only 50% of the community saying yes to it? I think everyone should want it in game. Sure, it may not be your cup of tea. BUT, who are you to say that John Doe can't have it?

My point exactly.
DF AQW  Post #: 37
5/1/2015 0:54:45   
Brasca123

i guess everything that could be said about it on both sides have already been said, Christophisis said it well, i don't think there is much more to contribute to the discussion, of course, if you have anything to say that wasn't already said feel free to do so, but otherwise, i guess it's better to wait on what the staff will do
AQ DF  Post #: 38
5/1/2015 1:37:41   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

Based on the fact that we've gotten this far with the conversation, and both Tomix and Ash have not stated that this class will not exist, it's most likely that the possible existence of a Fleshweaver has been taken into consideration. At this point we can only wait until an official announcement is made as to whether or not we will ever see this class.

So it has not been confirmed whether or not a Fleshweaver class will come into existence, however if it does what moves and abilities would you all like to see implemented?

Personally, I would love for the Lepidopterophobia move from Roirr's move-set to be carried over. For some reason I just love that such an evil entity is inflicting the fear of butterflies on its enemies. It ads to the admirable dubiousness.

< Message edited by San Robin -- 5/1/2015 4:00:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 39
5/1/2015 1:47:44   
megakyle777

The nonexistence skill. I was thinking about it and ummming and ahhing for a long time, but in the end I think the staff effort for it, the gameplay and moral cost are too high for it to be a thing. Sorry man.
DF  Post #: 40
5/1/2015 1:49:09   
monstervet

Language!

that movie lightened me up, although it was interesting, in order to protect the world he accidentally set a path to destroy it.

I feel the same way with Fleshweaver in order to protect great evil we must destroy the foundation of soulweaving, by eating our soul ally, dark, gritty, interesting.

Not my cup of tea, or coffee, im more of a hot chocolate type of guy.

The idea has......potential and people want it to happen, i wont judge those who would consume aegis but i wont.

Skills... i wonder, with a fresh mind, if they would involve undoing? i mean i doubt we will carry spare parts around and weave those into our "enemies" right?
Probably undo an enemy see whats inside...undoing.

Soulsmith sounds more like creating, enhancing, bringing out the potential of our weapons and ourselves (or im reading too much into it)

Both have potential, and it seems both already have a group behind them with support, sounds like a war might be brewing between them...hehe just kidding.

All we can do is watch and wait.
and language!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 41
5/1/2015 2:03:20   
Almighty Agathor

quote:

If you don't like the idea please express you opinion in a respectable way. If you are in support of the idea don't insult the opinion of those who are against it.

If this was directed toward me, I fail to see how I was disrespectful. I will apologize nonetheless. So, if that was directed toward me, @Christophisis, I apologize for offending you, and others. If not, just ignore my apology.

quote:

All we can do is watch and wait.
and language!

Did I miss something... Or...?

I am a little confused @monstervet! Was someone using bad language, and if so, did said person delete their contribution to this thread? Lol

Vaal's skills on the right. I like those, lol. I would also enjoy a few of the moves from SW or MSW. Not exact copies, per say, but (for lack of a better term) a remix of a couple of skills. I also would like to see a couple of Riorr's skills in there as well. And for a DOT, the skill Rot from EnTropy would look pretty cool if it had the looks of a Fleshweaver skill.

Also, I personally would enjoy FW having a stun. Maybe Tomix could take and make a hybrid animation from Dmk's Doom Spikes, and mix that skill with SW's Banishment (I believe that is SW's stun skill, with the blue chains.) Then, keeping the spikes black, maybe make the banishment chains have that FW red look to them. I doubt any of my ideas would come to fruition, but if so, I would really enjoy seeing this as a skill. (Fingers crossed here, @Tomix!)

On a final note, Christophisis, I really enjoy the idea for this thread! I like seeing what the Forum Community can come up with for ideas to be implemented into DF! I tip my hat to you.

< Message edited by San Robin -- 5/1/2015 4:01:00 >
DF AQW  Post #: 42
5/1/2015 2:31:44   
megakyle777

At the end of the day, I think the cost too high, in both development terms (needing to make all the needed armour skills and animations, a way to lock off three classes and a ally from two different city versions, presumably a cutscene to emphasize how much of a jerk you are, etc) gameplay cost (Since it's canon it needs to be constantly refereed to in all future releases with appropriate reactions requiring two sets of dialogue in some cases adding to development, not to mention you are locking off three tier 3 classes for one tier 3 class) and moral cost (Can you really justify eating Ageis for power? Dude, just absorb your doom weapon or something, worked for Catiff.)
DF  Post #: 43
5/1/2015 2:35:37   
Christophoses
AQW Tester
&
Lore Adept

Did Tomix ever mention making a future chain of quests that involve Aegis? I don't recall, but if he did someone please let me know.

@Almighty Agathor

Thank you my fellow brother of Flesh! Your kind words speak to my dark soul

< Message edited by San Robin -- 5/1/2015 4:01:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 44
5/1/2015 2:58:44   
VJ

@megakyle777
quote:

At the end of the day, I think the cost too high, in both development terms (needing to make all the needed armour skills and animations, a way to lock off three classes and a ally from two different city versions, presumably a cutscene to emphasize how much of a jerk you are, etc) gameplay cost (Since it's canon it needs to be constantly refereed to in all future releases with appropriate reactions requiring two sets of dialogue in some cases adding to development, not to mention you are locking off three tier 3 classes for one tier 3 class) and moral cost (Can you really justify eating Ageis for power? Dude, just absorb your doom weapon or something, worked for Catiff.)

I agree, losing so much for the sake of one? that would be like locking off Pally & Necro for the sake of the Death Knight.
Then there is the fact as you stated before it would require a heck of a lot to make just one class.
oh they would also have to remove the armor from the AC.

Post #: 45
5/1/2015 3:30:14   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

@VJ
Actualy, there is no reason to lock necro and pally for DK, those 3 classes are just...classes. Fleshweaver is more like changing your body and mind. Necromancy, Paladin arts and Deathknighthood are just techniques and artifacts you learn and use =3

But I see the point here, locking 3 classes, changing storyline and gameplay, this class is really too much work for something half the players find atrocious! Really, if you guys want fleshweavers, play with Roirr. (and I do hope AE developts more skills for him as his saga gets moving =3)

< Message edited by ergotth -- 5/1/2015 3:31:52 >
DF AQW  Post #: 46
5/1/2015 4:04:55   
  San Robin
Modzerella

I've merged the 2 threads involving Fleshweaver, there's no need to have more than 1 thread about this subject.
If you see I edited your post it's because I've also merged the double posts that were the result of the thread merging.
If you think a thread has gone off-topic then PM an AK or a Mod.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 47
5/1/2015 7:57:24   
hidan_orochimaru

quote:

Vaal's skills on the right. I like those, lol. I would also enjoy a few of the moves from SW or MSW. Not exact copies, per say, but (for lack of a better term) a remix of a couple of skills. I also would like to see a couple of Riorr's skills in there as well. And for a DOT, the skill Rot from EnTropy would look pretty cool if it had the looks of a Fleshweaver skill.

Also, I personally would enjoy FW having a stun. Maybe Tomix could take and make a hybrid animation from Dmk's Doom Spikes, and mix that skill with SW's Banishment (I believe that is SW's stun skill, with the blue chains.) Then, keeping the spikes black, maybe make the banishment chains have that FW red look to them.

Sorry,but it seems you just want Fleshweaver to re-use skills from the classes that would be locked once you get it (SW,MSW,Chaosweaver) so you can still enjoy them even if you can no longer access them,and it would be a win-win for you.

And players not wanting it isn't because they just aren't interested,it has more to do with morality. Even if it's a game,it is monstrous to EAT your only soulally who has stood by your side,put his trust in you,and bonded with you for the rest of your life,and for what? Power? Then you just run around unpunished and call yourself a "Hero"? Even Baron Valtrith himself, who ate SERENITY's soul would despise you and might even consider going the Good path and abandon evil. At least he was born from evil to begin with,but if a "Hero" does such a thing, it is utterly immoral.
DF AQW  Post #: 48
5/1/2015 11:32:04   
lightriftwalker122

i would like skills that have to o with Soul's but diferent than SoulWeaver and Chaosweaver A Skill involving the Red stuff Roirr uses I shall think more
Post #: 49
5/1/2015 12:06:49   
VJ

quote:

i would like skills that have to o with Soul's but diferent than SoulWeaver and Chaosweaver A Skill involving the Red stuff Roirr uses I shall think more

sounds like you still want to have what the other two classes have yet try to hide it by wording it a bit differently.
though hidan_orochimaru said it far better than I ever could as he addressed what many are saying along with why.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: FleshWeaver and Soul Smith Class II
Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition